Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major Improvement Election on November 14 in Moore (2023 Go Bond)

Default Re: Major Improvement Election on November 14 in Moore (2023 Go Bond)

I heard it past I went in around the time the polls opened. I am one of the 56% that voted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    That's what, 77%? Out of 60k+ people, 1250 is pretty sad though.

I'm still disappointed that there is so much focus in one area and that the quality of workmanship we're getting is sub-par. I didn't go vote this time, but i would have voted yes even if I'm annoyed. It's still part of Moore that I support. I just with the "love" got spread around a little better and with better contractors.
    It’s possible many people didn’t know there was an election going on.

Yes, but what else? 27th between Eastern and Bryant is a bumpy pile that really needs to be 4 lanes.
    Like I mentioned before, Eastern between 27th and Main needs a turn lane and REAL resurfacing.
    12th between 35 and Eastern is awful. It's one big concrete bump that needs a shave.

The list keeps going. I'm not expecting it all to get done at the same time, but i think a bit more balance is needed to "spread the love" around the city. It feels like regularly, the funds are tipped to the South.
    12th street from I35 to Eastern is already slated to be repaired. The timeline hasn't been announced but it may not happen until after they are done or nearly done with the 4th to 12th Eastern section.

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    I think they’re going to try to get that southside done and then maybe in a couple of years we could see some more northern streets get done. I think Bryant from 19th all the way to 27th needs widened. 12th street from Oklahoma City city limits on the west side to Bryant on East also needs to be repaved I also think they need to add a hawk signal on Santa Fe Ave in between SW 4th and NW 12th as the two schools are down there. Preferably near the elementary school because traffic is really bad when they let out also may be a traffic signal at Northwest 5th and the name of the Hawks signal down towards the junior high also several neighborhood streets in that Area need to be repaved and some would benefit from sidewalks as well
    Bryant from 19th to 34th will be widened but I'm not sure how much further north it will go, if any. This won't happen until after all of the other work just approved is done though. Eventually 34th will be widened from I35 all the way to Bryant, Broadway from 34th to 19th, Eastern from 34th to 19th and Bryant from 34th to 19th.

5. Default Re: Major Improvement Election on November 14 in Moore (2023 Go Bond)

PLEASE take care of 12th from Eastern to 35 on the next round!!!! I'd put 27 on the same stretch right behind it.
    And putting a rail underpass on 12th too.

PLEASE take care of 12th from Eastern to 35 on the next round!!!! I'd put 27 on the same stretch right behind it.
    And putting a rail underpass on 12th too.
    After finishing Eastern (4th to 12th), 12th street is next in line...at least currently. Again no timeline has been publicly stated.

Don't hold your breathe on a fourth underpass for the city, that won't happen anytime soon, if ever.

An Update on the GoBond Projects one project is in motion

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Martin View Post
    Agree with all of the above.
    It wouldn't surprise me to see significant development at the corner of Indian Hills and telephone in the next 5 years or so.
    That likely won't happen until after the turnpike is built, they already own a lot of the land in that area and apparently have been buying it up well before the project was even announced a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    An Update on the GoBond Projects one project is in motion

I can't recall Markwell (or fifth) being part of the bond package, these are part of the previous bond though, yeah? I drove down 5th just a few days ago and it's certainly in need of some repair!

Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    I can't recall Markwell (or fifth) being part of the bond package, these are part of the previous bond though, yeah? I drove down 5th just a few days ago and it's certainly in need of some repair!
    they are currently doing construction from 6th St to 7th Pl. they also said that there would be more projects other than the 2 shown in orange

11. Default Re: Major Improvement Election on November 14 in Moore (2023 Go Bond)

They aren't part of bond, but i was VERY happy to see two repairs happening.

Yesterday, they fixed the grate on the northbound Pole road so you dont bottom out anymore. It's sooo much better.

Today, they are ripping out the horrible concrete on 27th just west of Eastern. They had put in a temporary asphalt patch that was even 100 times better than before, but they must have found something nasty when they did that. It's going to be several days of work, but that whole patch section is going to be better off.

It's not exactly the full attention 27th needs, but it does take care of the biggest problem spots. YAY!

Thread Information