Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: September 2023 - General Weather Discussion

Default Re: September 2023 - General Weather Discussion

Watch is now out just west of OKC and as far north as Kingfisher County so I would say that the entire Metro should remain weather aware heading into the evening.

Pair of cells going up N of Weatherford. These will have a shot at metro impacts.

One cell flying up from SW OK is about to hit southern sides of the metro. Also another smell severe cell moving into W sides of Edmond. SVR Watch has been extended to include all of OKC for these two storms.

Warning just issued for a large chunk of the Metro.

Next round of storms is looking like it could be mid-afternoon tomorrow. We are currently in a Marginal Risk for tomorrow but would not be surprised to see an upgrade to Slight Risk for a hail threat at some point.

Greatest severe weather threat is mostly in southern OK today. Storms move through central OK this evening with even better chances statewide overnight into Friday morning

Today MEH. SATURDAY could be the day. A slightly slower trend puts North Central Oklahoma in the bullseye. Right now looking like a NE Oklahoma event including Tulsa area but something to really keep an eye on.

Another loud morning across parts of OK tomorrow. This is 8 am

If you are up and down I-35 from Norman north to the Kansas Border and along I-44 from OKC to Tulsa please pay attention to Saturday. It's early I know it's only Thursday things are going to change but just keep paying attention to changes that are going to happen.

https://twitter.com/ConvChronicles/s...206005/photo/1 Kind of shocked the OKC TV Mets are not in superhype mode.

Jeez. What a bust this storm system was for okc. There’s not a cloud in the sky so far west of mcalester.

Saturday system looks a tad faster so nothing for the Metro.

Nothing like 90+ to head into fall!

Looks like it's going to stay that way into October.

I would really love some fall temps before we plunge into the deep freeze.

Next week should be pretty decent, I think. October should be pretty decent as well, although possibly rainier than usual. But not seeing any indication of an early cold snap a la 2019 or 2020.

Keeping an eye on the severe threat tomorrow, but I think it's going to be more of an issue for the Tulsa Metro than OKC.

And now the HRRR shows a big storm over the OKC Metro around 9pm. Probably going to know anything until tomorrow morning and where the Low/triple point sets up. Does it set up in Nw Oklahoma Sw Kansas or does it set up more North Central Oklahoma Southern Kansas. Could make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    Jeez. What a bust this storm system was for okc. There’s not a cloud in the sky so far west of mcalester.
    This system definitely favored eastern OK. Impressive totals in some areas with more on the way Saturday

Very close call for the Metro tonight for some big hail storms right now it looks like it's going to stay slightly East but it's going to be close. Meanwhile computer models have shifted more North for Sunday and now it looks like South Central Oklahoma is the zone for Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Very close call for the Metro tonight for some big hail storms right now it looks like it's going to stay slightly East but it's going to be close. Meanwhile computer models have shifted more North for Sunday and now it looks like South Central Oklahoma is the zone for Sunday
    Anything to dry out OKC to here a sneeze on a blade of grass will start a fire. Or Hefner will continue to drain.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    I've just been getting some sprinkles and distant thunder after all previous hype and won't be surprised if this next hyped-up event works out the same way. So, I better water my plants tomorrow. But surely sooner or later some future hyped up weather event will yield at least an inch of rain with no severe effects.

With that map, I think it persisted and rained all night in eastern Oklahoma, good sleeping weather if it didn't thunder a lot.

Need some input from the experts! Was planning to spread grass seed today, but I don't want to if we'll experience heavy rainfall rates tonight. Some rain is fine, but I don't want a downpour to wash away the seed. The forecasts at Mesonet have been a bit all over the place, unsure what to make of it.

If you have family, friends in Tulsa make sure they stat weather aware today. Big hail possible Tornado.

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post
    Need some input from the experts! Was planning to spread grass seed today, but I don't want to if we'll experience heavy rainfall rates tonight. Some rain is fine, but I don't want a downpour to wash away the seed. The forecasts at Mesonet have been a bit all over the place, unsure what to make of it.
    Depends on where you live. Are you in the Metro?

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post
    You can almost be assured that OKC will miss out on heavy rains. Have most of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    You can almost be assured that OKC will miss out on heavy rains. Have most of the year.
    Yep even though the 11am run of the HRRR shows a big storm right over OKC again. Someone will get luck and it probably won't be my yard again. Never is my yard.

1pm Tornado Parameters Increasing for Tulsa Metro. Sometime after 7 if IF storms can stay isolated.

Edit: https://twitter.com/ben_williams_wx/...43961505730665

Thread Information