Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Norman Restaurants

Default Re: Norman Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I can't believe the one at 39th & MacArthur is still operating.

It looks like nothing has been done in 40 years except the slow downward spiral of wear and tear.
    Grandy's and City Bites right next to each other at that intersection...it's like a flashback to 1987. Just needs a Taco Bueno to really tie the room together.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I can't believe the one at 39th & MacArthur is still operating.

It looks like nothing has been done in 40 years except the slow downward spiral of wear and tear.
    I know what you mean - the I-240 and Western location looked the same right up until the remodel last year. The old building design was nostalgic and honestly I kinda miss it, but everything was so worn out. They definitely do seem busier than before now that the place looks fresh and modern inside and out. No clue how much business the 39th/MacArthur store does... but it does seem like the company is trying to turn things around so hopefully that store will eventually get a remodel too.

Carol's Kitchen at 2620 Classen has closed.

Channel 9 reports that a new diner will open at Westheimer this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Channel 9 reports that a new diner will open at Westheimer this spring.
    That’s great! It has some big shoes to fill.

It will be called The OK Diner and will be their first location in the state. I know this deal was a long time in the making. Various other well-known, local restauranteurs looked at the opportunity to open, but most walked away due to the costs required to bring the space up to modern standards.

7. Default Re: Norman Restaurants

Penny Hill at Lindsey and Berry is closing. Hal Smith and Hunter Miller own that building- the same ones planning the new restaurant across the street. Wonder if we could see 2 Hal Smith concepts on that corner in the near future. To me, the Penny Hill space could work great as The Garage.

8. Default Re: Norman Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by normandevelopment View Post
    Penny Hill at Lindsey and Berry is closing. Hal Smith and Hunter Miller own that building- the same ones planning the new restaurant across the street. Wonder if we could see 2 Hal Smith concepts on that corner in the near future. To me, the Penny Hill space could work great as The Garage.
    Penny Hill lasted a long time in that spot. Interested to see what goes in. It is a busy corner for sure just needs to draw people in.

penny hill made a really good sub back in the day... i remember them getting their start in the early 90's at sw 59th and penn in okc.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Salad and Go is going in where Wise Guys Auto glass in Norman is https://www.facebook.com/normandevel...tn__=-UC%2CP-R

That is going to be one busy intersection.
    It is about time! I have been waiting for Salad and Go in Norman...now I am waiting for one in Moore, is it still building the new Salad and Go?

405 Burger Bar on Main is closing, last day is today.

405 Burger Bar on Main is closing, last day is today.

Hurts Donuts closing for not paying taxes.

https://www.oudaily.com/news/hurts-d...fe1853c7d.html

Hurts Donuts closing for not paying taxes.

https://www.oudaily.com/news/hurts-d...fe1853c7d.html
    dang. that's several businesses there in Norman lately that have been closed for not paying taxes...

Levity Breakfast House celebrates grand opening downtown | Culture | oudaily.com
    https://www.oudaily.com/culture/levi...faf5d4f9e.html

New downtown breakfast/lunch place.

Tamashii Ramen will be opening on Main Street. Not sure when it is going to open, but I saw they are leasing space in the Oklahoman today.

17. Default Re: Norman Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Tamashii Ramen will be opening on Main Street. Not sure when it is going to open, but I saw they are leasing space in the Oklahoman today.
    Looks like it will need and interior build out so it will be a while https://www.normanokdevelopment.com/...rman-location/

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Looks like it will need and interior build out so it will be a while https://www.normanokdevelopment.com/...rman-location/
    Very true. But, it will very likely do well in Norman. There is another Ramen place in Norman on the east side, and it is always busy, as well.

Very true. But, it will very likely do well in Norman. There is another Ramen place in Norman on the east side, and it is always busy, as well.
    a place called ink fire raman went in where meating place was. it's really good, but for some reason can't seem to attract any real business. sadly this will mean the end for them.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    a place called ink fire raman went in where meating place was. it's really good, but for some reason can't seem to attract any real business. sadly this will mean the end for them.
    Tatsumaki Ramen is where I'm thinking I'm. On 12th

Tatsumaki Ramen is where I'm thinking I'm. On 12th
    yep. what i figured you meant. i just don't think most people even know Ink Fire even exists. and it's amazing. but they just can't seem to draw a crowd at all. Tasumaki is usually really busy.

yep. what i figured you meant. i just don't think most people even know Ink Fire even exists. and it's amazing. but they just can't seem to draw a crowd at all. Tasumaki is usually really busy.
    I hadn't heard of it. I love Ramen, so I hate that I haven't heard of this place.

I don't think that the tables located in the street helps with business. Just my opinion.

Levity Breakfast House celebrates grand opening downtown | Culture | oudaily.com
    https://www.oudaily.com/culture/levi...faf5d4f9e.html

New downtown breakfast/lunch place.
    Nice place with good food. It is a counter service set up with food brought out to you. I had the scones and gravy and it was a winner. The scones were a nice change of pace from biscuits. My companion had the 411 breakfast sammie that was served with a potato pancake. He reported his choice as very good.

A solid place that is well lit and layed out. I hope they succeed,

I don't think that the tables located in the street helps with business. Just my opinion.
    i mean that was all done when it was the meating place. and i agree. it's always just akward because who wants to eat right next to where cars are parking. if that whole stretch was done that way i think it would be fine, but it feel like you are eating in a parking lot.

Thread Information