Widgets Magazine
Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

17,164? There ain't no way I'm assuming they go off of tickets sold? I'll even go as far and say that was one of the worst attendant games of the season. Seem like a lot of people left at halftime also.

Big four game road Trip coming up would love to go 3-1

I was at the game and agree that it definitely didn't seem like 17000. We had tickets in the 300s and moved down to the lower bowl after the first quarter along with a lot of others. Which made the 300s even more scarce.

Late weekday tip + Rockets + TV game + ugly weather = oof

Yeah I was there as well. Got club level tickets for $15. I know a bunch of people, most with kids, that skipped this one because they didn’t want to get home at midnight. I don’t blame them, it’s been a rough morning. 9 PM on a Tuesday is tough.

4. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

^^^^^^^^^
    That’s 100% what drove the light crowd. I left at halftime myself. The late start emboldened me to make the (delicious) mistake of pregaming at Stock & Bond with a 10 oz filet and a couple of scotches. It seemed REALLY late come halftime.

I didn't even stay awake at home to see who won. Can't imagine getting out and going to a game that late.

Another efficient SGA performance. 31/8/3 with only 2 TO's on 52% shooting in 32 minutes.

Got a six game win streak going to SA tomorrow and starting a four team road run. March will be interesting with 15 games, only two back to backs and 8 road games and 7 home games. We do have another late game on 3/14 on a Thursday against the Mavs, but it's on TNT, so that has to be why.

7. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Chet is looking great after the all star break. ROY in any other season but this one haha!

Blog Entries

Western Conf Championship odds as of this morning:

Nuggets +225
    Clippers +250
    Suns +750
    T-Wolves +800
    Thunder +800
    Mavericks +1400
    Lakers +1600

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post

Nuggets +225
    Clippers +250
    Suns +750
    T-Wolves +800
    Thunder +800
    Mavericks +1400
    Lakers +1600
    love seeing the warriors no where near this list

I think the crowd for 9pm Dallas game will be much better. I had to sale mine and actually got face value. Hope it's not half Dallas fans though.

Heard a good conversation on the radio after the game. If the Thunder finish top 4 but lose in the first round will people consider that a disappointment? I thought they would be no higher than 6 with a first round exit so for me no, however i'm starting to get to the point they should at least make the second round but I still don't think I can go as far as calling it a disappointing season if they didn't. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post

Nuggets +225
    Clippers +250
    Suns +750
    T-Wolves +800
    Thunder +800
    Mavericks +1400
    Lakers +1600
    Seems too high for the clippers.

12. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    ...Heard a good conversation on the radio after the game. If the Thunder finish top 4 but lose in the first round will people consider that a disappointment? I thought they would be no higher than 6 with a first round exit so for me no, however i'm starting to get to the point they should at least make the second round but I still don't think I can go as far as calling it a disappointing season if they didn't. Thoughts?
    If you would have asked me this at the beginning of the season I would have said that would NOT be a disappointment; in fact just skipping the play-in, making it solidly into playoffs was my minimal expectation. Would have been bummed by a first round loss but wouldn't have called it a disappointment. At this point I think anything less than a trip to the conference semifinals is a disappointment, and would honestly not be shocked by a trip to the WCF (or...more..?). This team is pretty much the equal of - and in some cases superior to - any other top 4 seed, in my opinion.

If the playoffs were to start today, we would play the Warriors as a 2 vs 7 seed. The 3/6 would be Nuggets/Suns. That would be interesting for us to play either of those in a seven game series.

This team has never been to the playoffs and the West is absolutely loaded. It won’t be easy for this team to make it out of the first round. It’d be borderline unprecedented with how young the team is. I’m tempering my expectations even if we’re the 1 seed. We could be playing the Lakers or Mavs in a series. Both those teams have far more playoff experience. It’s a different game.

15. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    This team has never been to the playoffs and the West is absolutely loaded. It won’t be easy for this team to make it out of the first round. It’d be borderline unprecedented with how young the team is. I’m tempering my expectations even if we’re the 1 seed. We could be playing the Lakers or Mavs in a series. Both those teams have far more playoff experience. It’s a different game.
    I'm just enjoying the ride. This is a good core that should have a decent window for a championship. I sure didn't expect the thunder to look this good this fast.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I'm just enjoying the ride. This is a good core that should have a decent window for a championship. I sure didn't expect the thunder to look this good this fast.
    No question! No one expected OKC to be this good. This team is incredible. I can't wait to see what they do... I just realize it'll be tough. Things get exposed in the playoffs that you can get away with in the regular season.

For the record for me it's always been First Round this year. Second Round next year. NBA/WCF year 3. So the fact they are top 4 with home court first round my expectations have been meet.

Laramie I don't recall anyone telling you this but your post-game posts showing attendance and linking the highlights are greatly appreciated!

19. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    No question! No one expected OKC to be this good. This team is incredible. I can't wait to see what they do... I just realize it'll be tough. Things get exposed in the playoffs that you can get away with in the regular season.
    I think the Nuggets are the real problem. Jokic is just a good player who can really body Chet. If they are all healthy it would be a tough matchup over 7 games. But we are also 3-1 against them this regular season so who knows!

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Thursday, February 29, 2024
    Oklahoma City Thunder @ San Antonio Spurs
    Frost Bank Center, San Antonio - 7:30 PM
    TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM
    )

Thunder have faced the Spurs twice this season winning 123-87 in a home game on November 14 and 140-114 on January 24 in the Alamo City. Tonight's game in San Antonio will be the 3rd meeting between the WC foes.

The final meeting will be April 10th in OKC.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder 118 @ San Antonio 132
    Attendance: 18,392

Blog Entries

Sunday, March 3, 2024
    Oklahoma City Thunder @ Phoenix Suns
    Footprint Center, Phoenix - 8:30 PM
    ESPN - TV
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

Come on Thunder, I know they have Wemby, but geez the Spurs aren't good at all, only won 12 games all year. SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Come on Thunder, I know they have Wemby, but geez the Spurs aren't good at all, only won 12 games all year. SMH.
    It wasn’t Wemby so much until the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter. The Thunder allowed the 30th team in 3 point shooting percentage to shoot near 50% prior to Wemby going off at the end. Just a weak defensive night, the Thunder were a little off on offense and the spurs were shooting lights out.

Spurs played the best game of their season plus the Wemby over Chet stuff that only Wemby and Spurs fans care about went full tilt in the 4th. I will say, Wemby destroyed any remaining hope that people had for Chet ROY. Which is fine, any other season and Chet wins it easily.

Wembanyama will be able to polish his trophy at home while watching Chet and OKC's playoff run.

Thread Information