Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1474

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Wednesday, April 3, 2024
    Oklahoma City Thunder @ Boston Celtics
    TD Garden, Boston - 6:30 PM
    TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Tough loss tonight vs the Sixers. Really see us ending up in 3rd which actually ok with. 7 games left. We go 5-2 most likely maybe 6 and 3. Looking at Minnesota schedule I see the same 5-2 6-3. So we really need to go 5-2 and Minnesota losses 3. Once to the Suns, Lakers, Nuggets. Denver wins the west schedule too easy plus they only have 6 games left. I guess they could lose to the Clippers and Minnesota so if they went 4-2 and we went 5-2 end up second. 2nd or 3rd I don't care. Suns, Kings, Pelicans we can beat those teams. Than in round 2 Minnesota or Denver. 1 seed we get the Lakers or Warriors and actually both those teams scare me more than the other 3 teams I mentioned.
    6-3 over the last 7 games would be incredible. Dare I say impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    6-3 over the last 7 games would be incredible. Dare I say impossible?
    oops yes it would

Blog Entries

Thunder @ Celtics, April 3, 2024

Injury Report - Thunder:

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander PG OUT
    Jalen Williams F OUT

Injury Report - Celtics:

Jaden Springer G GTD
    Jaylen Brown SG GTD

Even with their best players out the Thunder let this one go. Up 11 with 4 mins to play, they should of closed this one out. With that being said, looking at the standings. We might fair better ending up as the 2nd or 3rd seed.

I would rather end up playing the Pelicans or Suns, rather than the Lakers or Warriors in the first round.

Blog Entries

IDK who we are going to play; however, I'll say this again--reserves are getting valuable playing experience. Although some of you have a preference team opening up against in the playoffs--Mark Daigneault is getting this team primed for the playoffs.

Expect SGA and Jalen Williams to be near 100% come playoff time.

Yeah, I was disappointed in OKC losing last night so close, but when I heard that SGA and JDUB were out, I was surprised we were in the game at all. Valuable playing time for reserves and let Chet, Dort and Wiggins carry the team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Yeah, I was disappointed in OKC losing last night so close, but when I heard that SGA and JDUB were out, I was surprised we were in the game at all. Valuable playing time for reserves and let Chet, Dort and Wiggins carry the team.
    You know opponents are going to attempt to trap SGA or Jalen Williams. Having other players step up will make opponents respect the team.

Let's see if Boston decides to rest some of their starters and go primarily with reserves; IIRC the Celtics have wrapped up the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Even with their best players out the Thunder let this one go. Up 11 with 4 mins to play, they should of closed this one out. With that being said, looking at the standings. We might fair better ending up as the 2nd or 3rd seed.

I would rather end up playing the Pelicans or Suns, rather than the Lakers or Warriors in the first round.
    Could not agree more. Do I think the Lakers are that good no but look at last year made it WCF as a 7 seed. Pelicans scare me with Zion but honestly every team in the west scares me in some ways. To me if your 3 seed you it also gives you a week to prepare for the team your going to play. You will know ahead of time and most likely start on Saturday. You also avoid Denver/Clippers/Mavs in the second round. Not that I think we match up well with Minnesota but I would rather take my chances with them plus who know if they don't get upset in the first round. You also need some luck. Also I would rather have a healthy rested SGA/Jdub over a seed. Once we are locked in for 3 seed or higher which is only a game away I think and those two are still banged up rest them.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post

Tough to do without your two best closers who are also two of the best clutch players in the league. I came away pretty impressed that they got up big and had a chance to beat a playoff team without their two best players. No shame in losing this one.

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jalen Williams are both OUT vs the Celtics tonight.

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jalen Williams are both OUT vs the Celtics tonight.
    That sucks.

13. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

definitely feels like we're trying to tank our way firmly into 3rd place, and there's not necessarily anything wrong with that. we would be very lucky to take even a single game off the Lakers, assuming LeBron and The Brow are both at 100%

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    definitely feels like we're trying to tank our way firmly into 3rd place, and there's not necessarily anything wrong with that. we would be very lucky to take even a single game off the Lakers, assuming LeBron and The Brow are both at 100%
    Definitely seems like they’re fine with getting the 3 seed but I don’t think they’re purposely tanking to get it. Those guys are just banged up and they want them healthy for the stretch run of easier games coming up and the playoffs. Denver and Minnesota still have to play each other one more time and OKC has the tiebreaker over Denver so they probably like their chances enough to rest those guys and not blow themselves out in two difficult back to back road games when the worst case is likely the 3 seed.

Also I don’t want to play the lakers but I think they would fare much better against them in a series than they have during the season. The Lakers aren’t a great match up but I don’t know that they’re good enough to beat us in a a 7 game series. Still pretty skeptical of them even making it out of the play in.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder 100 @ Boston Celtics 135

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401585733

Attendance: 19,156

Lakers still have an outside shot of getting the 6 seed but they would need to win their last 5 games and 4 other teams to lose 2-3 games. That would be hard for them to do. 6th 7th and 8th seed are are basically ties and Dallas at 5 is only one game up. So any 4 of those teams are in play for the 6 seed. Lakers could easily been in 7th though and honestly we do not match up well with the Lakers. Actually listening to the Sports Animal post game show and they talking about all this now.

A great thing the Thunder have going for them is their last 4 games are at home. They fly home April 7th playoff start April 20th. That is 2 weeks at home before the playoff even start.

Blog Entries

Friday, April 5, 2024
    Oklahoma City Thunder @ Indiana Pacers
    Gainbridge Fieldhouse, Indianapolis - 6:00 PM
    TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

18. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

I think we are looking at the 3 seed. So many Suns, Pelicans or Kings. Interesting first round match up for sure

I think by Sunday Night/Monday Morning we will know where the Thunder end up. At that point all 3 teams will have 4 games left. Minnesota/Denver will have to play each other so at least one of them will have a loss in those final 4 games. Minnesota is at the Suns on Friday and at the Lakers on Sunday. Denver is at the Clippers tonight and home to the Hawks that are fighting for their lives. So both teams don't have easy games however if one of the teams go 2-0 they will be in the Driver seat. If the both go 2-0 it probably will come down to the game next Tuesday wolves at nuggets with Thunder being 3rd.

Down goes the nuggets tonight. I have to be honest I'd rather face the nuggets in the second round if we get there than Minnesota. Yes Eric Gordon yes the joker are big but Towns and Gobert scare me way more plus Nas Reed plus Anthony Edwards they're a big team

Blog Entries

Date: Friday, April 5, 2024
    Oklahoma City Thunder @ Indiana Pacers
    Time: 6 p.m. CT - Gainbridge Fieldhous, Indianapolis
    TV Channel: KSBI Ch. 52 in OKC, Ch 6.3 Tulsa

Oklahoma City Injury Report vs Pacers:
    Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (quad contusion) is out. Jalen Williams (ankle sprain) is doubtful. Ousmane Dieng (G League assignment) is out. Keyontae Johnson (G League two-way) is out. Olivier Sarr (G League two-way) is out. Adam Flagler (G League two-way) is out.

Indiana Pacers Injury report vs Thunder:
    Bennedict Mathurin (labral tear) is out. Myles Turner (finger sprain) is questionable. Oscar Tshiebwe (G League two-way) is questionable. Isaiah Wong (G League two-way) is questionable. Quenton Jackson (G League two-way) is questionable.

Source: ThunderWire https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/...-for-friday-3/

Down goes the nuggets tonight. I have to be honest I'd rather face the nuggets in the second round if we get there than Minnesota. Yes Eric Gordon yes the joker are big but Towns and Gobert scare me way more plus Nas Reed plus Anthony Edwards they're a big team
    eric gordon is both not big and not on the nuggets ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    eric gordon is both not big and not on the nuggets ..
    Arron Gordon my bad. Eric Gordon is on the suns and not a big totally my big Seems like with SGA being out we either want the three seed or 2. We can still lose tonight Minnesota beats Denver we could very well still end up two. However the foot office has to realize we do not match up with the Lakers at all and I really think we are trying to avoid them in the first round because you know the Lakers want us you know they do they don't want no part of Denver they can't beat Denver they probably want no part of Minnesota they are going to fight and scratch and claw their way to get to Oklahoma City but if we are the three seed I don't think they can get all the way up to six

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I think we are looking at the 3 seed. So many Suns, Pelicans or Kings. Interesting first round match up for sure
    don't be surprised to see the Lakers end up as the 6 seed

Arron Gordon my bad. Eric Gordon is on the suns and not a big totally my big Seems like with SGA being out we either want the three seed or 2. We can still lose tonight Minnesota beats Denver we could very well still end up two. However the foot office has to realize we do not match up with the Lakers at all and I really think we are trying to avoid them in the first round because you know the Lakers want us you know they do they don't want no part of Denver they can't beat Denver they probably want no part of Minnesota they are going to fight and scratch and claw their way to get to Oklahoma City but if we are the three seed I don't think they can get all the way up to six
    no one wants any part of Denver ...

Thread Information