Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    good call JRE did in fact get moved .. along with Victor O for kevin porter (who was directly waived and 2 second round picks)

thunder is down to 16 contracts .. (have to go to 15)

Joe and Wiggins are non guarenteed (joe is a lock to make the team)

Jack White would cost 1.8 mil to waive

so it looks like Wiggins vs White for the 15th roster spot ..

unless they trade one of them ..
    Wiggins is a lock to make the team. It's most likely White getting cut with a chance it's Mann or Poku.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Wiggins is a lock to make the team. It's most likely White getting cut with a chance it's Mann or Poku.
    That’s too bad, the game entertainment crew will forever be banned from playing Seven Nation Army at games.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

BOK Center
    Bally Sports Oklahoma
    7:00 PM, October 19, 2023
    Tulsa, OK

Blog Entries

Detroit Pistons 118 @ Oklahoma City Thunder 116

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401591930

Attendance: 12,275

Blog Entries

Opening NBA Season

WEDNESDAY October 25, 2023 - 7:00 PM CDT United Center, Chicago

TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma

WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

Blog Entries

This is off topic of on court, but SGA is tabbed as a model for men’s Skims. I pulled up the website and he is front and center.

https://thesportsdaily.com/news/kim-...eous-alexander

Blog Entries

8. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Tremendous article. This team is going to shock some folks. Those who’ve been paying attention, know.

Blog Entries

What are the predictions on regular season win total?

The over/under on the betting websites seems to be around 44.5 or so. If I had to guess, I would lean towards the under as I think that the Western Conference is going to be much more difficult this season, and it just feels like one final year of really figuring out which players are truly integral to the franchise as their title window really opens up starting next year. I'm thinking it's going to be another season of hovering around .500 and hopefully sneaking into the play-in tournament.

11. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    The over/under on the betting websites seems to be around 44.5 or so. If I had to guess, I would lean towards the under as I think that the Western Conference is going to be much more difficult this season, and it just feels like one final year of really figuring out which players are truly integral to the franchise as their title window really opens up starting next year. I'm thinking it's going to be another season of hovering around .500 and hopefully sneaking into the play-in tournament.
    Ya 44.5 is right at the spot there. I think best best case we get 50 wins. But honestly 45 seems right to me. *No injuries this season please*

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    good call white was cut ..

13. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Didnt pick up Poku's option. He will be an RFA this summer it appears. Going to have to make the jump this year I think.

I'm pretty excited about this season. Really hope everyone can stay healthy. I think Ousmane might take a big step forward if he gets some decent minutes. He put on a lot of weight over the summer and looked good at the preseason games I watched. Thunder Up!

15. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

I could see them doing a bit better than 44.5 but that probably not far off. The X factor here is that they’re really vibing. I don’t think there’s much chemistry to be worked out. That’s a major head start vs most of the NBA at this time of year. I think they might get off to a hot start. The question will be whether they can maintain that for an entire, grueling season.

I think this team without question makes the first round barring disaster. I don’t know about advancing from there, but stranger things have happened. But I do believe that the statement above is correct; with another season to develop, and maybe with a surgical move or strategic free agent add (it CAN happen), the championship window opens next season.

Blog Entries

You can feel the electricity with the rebuild around Shai and Chet. Give it a year or two, Thunder will be a serious competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I could see them doing a bit better than 44.5 but that probably not far off. The X factor here is that they’re really vibing. I don’t think there’s much chemistry to be worked out. That’s a major head start vs most of the NBA at this time of year. I think they might get off to a hot start. The question will be whether they can maintain that for an entire, grueling season.

I think this team without question makes the first round barring disaster. I don’t know about advancing from there, but stranger things have happened. But I do believe that the statement above is correct; with another season to develop, and maybe with a surgical move or strategic free agent add (it CAN happen), the championship window opens next season.
    the west is also extremly loaded

18. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post

Kind of feelin' like 2010 right now...

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Didnt pick up Poku's option. He will be an RFA this summer it appears. Going to have to make the jump this year I think.
    there was no option to pick up .. this is poku's 4th year ..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Me too. Love the team and excitement… but if pressed would bet under 44.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Curious View Post
    I'm pretty excited about this season. Really hope everyone can stay healthy. I think Ousmane might take a big step forward if he gets some decent minutes. He put on a lot of weight over the summer and looked good at the preseason games I watched. Thunder Up!
    Other parts of Ousmane's game are starting to come around, but I really want to see him play with more force considering his size. He just plays too tentative and soft. He has a lot of potential with his skill level and size.

22. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

there was no option to pick up .. this is poku's 4th year ..
    I shouldnt say option. I should say they didnt offer him a contract extension. So he is an RFA this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I shouldnt say option. I should say they didnt offer him a contract extension. So he is an RFA this summer.
    they may or may not have made him an offer ... they didn't come to terms ..

24. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

they may or may not have made him an offer ... they didn't come to terms ..
    I'm all for Poku declining and trying to prove himself. Soemtimes a bet pays off and teams might offer him more. Not too sure where he will be at this season. He has been a pretty up and down player over his career.

I would probably take the over on 44.5 (though not far over). We were 40-42 with very little offensive and defensive interior presence. The lack of anyone who could consistently protect the rim was often painfully obvious last season, especially late into games. Assuming Chet/everyone can stay healthy, the rest of the guys continue to progress in their development and the new additions have anything resembling a positive impact, I think that’s good for at least a 5 game improvement. We were just so so deficient at the 4 & 5 most of last year, a talent like Chet just has to make a huge difference there especially as he gets comfortable in the NBA.

Thread Information