Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Love's Field (softball)

Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

More great weather in the next couple of weeks should help move this right along.

Schedule was released today, home opener is March 1st.

https://soonersports.com/sports/softball/schedule

Thank you Pete for all of the drone pics of Love's Field. Is there any way that you can give us, who live out of state, some more of these great pictures? Thanks in advance.

found on facebook. apparently the new scoreboard/videoboard is in the shape of the Great State of Oklahoma.mail.jpegmail.jpeg

What is going on with each end of the seating with the big slope ?

7. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

That’s an optical illusion. There is a bit of a return on those seats in the outfield, orienting them back toward home plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    That’s an optical illusion. There is a bit of a return on those seats in the outfield, orienting them back toward home plate.
    I'm not talking the outfield seats, it's the seats that connect to the dugouts. But then again probably is an illusion. I went back up to original pictures and it's a little easier to see.

9. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I'm not talking the outfield seats, it's the seats that connect to the dugouts. But then again probably is an illusion. I went back up to original pictures and it's a little easier to see.
    You and I are talking about the same seats. I should have said base line seats in the outfield to be more specific. Those are the seats that at first glance look like they’re sloped, but it’s actually that they return a bit to face more toward home plate. They’re level.

From today (Sun 1/7/24):

thank you Pete

Home opener is March 1st, so they'd better hustle, especially with bad weather coming.

I'm sure the field will go in very soon and they are putting up the scoreboard; everything else can just be done as the season progresses.

Also, I'm sure there is a contingency plan to move over to Marita Hynes field, but I know they very much want to be in Love's for their first home game.

Marita Hynes is outlined in blue; Love's Field in red:

14. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Home opener is March 1st, so they'd better hustle, especially with bad weather coming.

I'm sure the field will go in very soon and they are putting up the scoreboard; everything else can just be done as the season progresses.

Also, I'm sure there is a contingency plan to move over to Marita Hynes field, but I know they very much want to be in Love's for their first home game.
    One more reason to hope\pray for very little bad weather.

Thank you Pete for all of these pictures. Especially for those of us who live out of state. I got luck and have season tickets this season and was wondering how it will work out if they don't get Love's Field finished by the first game. There aren't enough seats at Marita Hynes to accommodate the number of season ticket holders they have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodie View Post
    Thank you Pete for all of these pictures. Especially for those of us who live out of state. I got luck and have season tickets this season and was wondering how it will work out if they don't get Love's Field finished by the first game. There aren't enough seats at Marita Hynes to accommodate the number of season ticket holders they have now.
    I appreciate this post because it explains why they are dead-set on being ready for the home-opener.

Congrats on the season tickets! This new facility is going to be amazing and the team looks to be great for years into the future.

17. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

Is it me or does the field on Love's seem smaller?

18. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Is it me or does the field on Love's seem smaller?
    I see what you are saying. I think it is because the new one looks more closed in than the old. I'm sure it is the same size.

I appreciate this post because it explains why they are dead-set on being ready for the home-opener.

Congrats on the season tickets! This new facility is going to be amazing and the team looks to be great for years into the future.
    OU's new field is going to be the envy of everyone in college softball. And you're right, as long as HC Patty Gasso is at OU, they're going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Btw, you're making a lot of other people very happy with your drone pics, and not just here on OKC Talk. By all means, keep em' coming.

^

Thanks, I'm going to try and get down there over the weekend.

^

Thanks, I'm going to try and get down there over the weekend.
    Looking forward to the pics. I think seating has been going in.

From this (Sunday 1/28) morning; they are still saying they will be able to function for the home opener March 1st, although there will still be work to finish.

You can see guys were out there working on a Sunday at 10 AM:

Great photos! I bet they make awesome progress these next 10 days with the warm and dry weather finally back.

thank you once again Pete

The new Love’s Field is rushing towards the March 1st home opener for 3-time defending national NCAA softball champs, the University of Oklahoma.

The Sooners start the defense of their title on Feb 8th with a series of out-of-state games then host a tournament starting the first day of next month. OU officials are committed to having the new facility in ‘functional condition’ by March 1st although finish work will be ongoing this spring.

The $48 million ballpark includes extensive seating, a digital scoreboard, concessions, locker rooms, and an indoor practice facility. It is the most expensive softball complex ever built for a university and is located just north of Lloyd Noble Center on the northwest corner of Imhoff and Jenkins.

Capacity will be 4,200 compared to Marita Hynes Field, which held less than 1,400.

Thread Information