Widgets Magazine

Thread: Lawn mowing company?

Default Lawn mowing company?

I've never used one, been mowing my own for decades (except for when we lived in apts), but because it's been so wet and so hot and so humid (and that's only probably going to get worse in my lifetime), I'm having to mow more than weekly, and I just don't want to deal with it anymore. I adhere to the best practice for Bermuda - start off around 1" - 1 1/4", then raise it 1/4" every holiday. Can anybody recommend a company that will do that? Or do they all pretty much just set it at one height and leave it that way for everybody they do all season? TIA...

Default Re: Lawn mowing company?

My guy Abi Sanches varies the height for my Bermuda vs my fescue. I'm sure he would work with you. Very reasonably priced for once a week and bagged.

3. Default Re: Lawn mowing company?

Dustin will cut it as you ask. https://gardensbydavis.com/

Go on Craigslist or a neighborhood app (can't think of names offhand) and hire a teenager to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Go on Craigslist or a neighborhood app (can't think of names offhand) and hire a teenager to do it.
    Um, no. Do you think some random teenager would abide by my wishes every time he mows (maybe, but highly unlikely)? That's why I asked for names that people have used and could recommend that might do what I ask of them.

I'll check out Dustin and Abi (rte66man, let me know his number either here or via PM), thanks.

https://verdenaturalokc.com/

Juan at Verde was my guy in OKC. Did great work at competitive prices.

Note: If you are going to be very specific about a high-maintenance way you want it, I probably wouldn't expect bargain basement prices.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieinGeorgia View Post
    https://verdenaturalokc.com/

Juan at Verde was my guy in OKC. Did great work at competitive prices.

Note: If you are going to be very specific about a high-maintenance way you want it, I probably wouldn't expect bargain basement prices.
    Thanks. I don't care if something is not super-cheap, life's too short for that crap and you usually get what you pay for, so price isn't too much of an issue, unless it's clearly way out there. We live on a corner lot, so I'd expect to be priced higher than a standard OKC city lot, anyway (it currently takes almost 2 hours to mow and weed-eat).

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Um, no. Do you think some random teenager would abide by my wishes every time he mows (maybe, but highly unlikely)? That's why I asked for names that people have used and could recommend that might do what I ask of them.

I'll check out Dustin and Abi (rte66man, let me know his number either here or via PM), thanks.
    You mayppust have some lofty demands for mowing a lawn, then, but for most people a random teenager will do just fine - and help build badly needed work ethic.

Thread Information