Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oklahoma DLC In Truck Simulator

Default Re: Oklahoma DLC In Truck Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    This is pretty cool. Speaking of videogames, anyone going to be playing Cities: Skylines 2? Comes out this fall. Figured someone like Plutonic Panda plays the first one. And maybe others on here since there is a lot of urban planning nerds like me here.
    I was looking into Skylines 2. I played Skylines a bit. Right now I am a bit more into the new Zelda though so I might put off getting Skylines 2 until it goes on sale early next year.

Gameplay Stream coming tommorow at 11AM CDT on Twitch

https://twitter.com/scssoftware/stat...30775660146688

Release Date to be announced at 10AM

Releasing August 1st

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    So...If I understand correctly this is like a slower paced, less violent Grand Theft Auto video game?
    There are different kinds of simulators. There's a mowing simulator and a power washing simulator. They're exactly like the sound. There's no story to them, you're just simulating real world chores.

And they're more popular than you'd think. Not only that, but there are channels on YouTube where you watch people play these simulators.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    There are different kinds of simulators. There's a mowing simulator and a power washing simulator. They're exactly like the sound. There's no story to them, you're just simulating real world chores.

And they're more popular than you'd think. Not only that, but there are channels on YouTube where you watch people play these simulators.
    One hot summer afternoon browsing youtube I stumbled across a video of Lawn Mower Simulator, I said "eh, I'll see what this is about". Before I knew it almost 45 minutes had passed by. I'm thinking..."My yard needs to be mower, yet I just sat here for 45 minutes watching someone else mow a virtual yard".

There's definitely something therapeutic about it, but I have no desire to play the mowing simulator or even watch it again. But it is strange and interesting how I just fell into a trance watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    One hot summer afternoon browsing youtube I stumbled across a video of Lawn Mower Simulator, I said "eh, I'll see what this is about". Before I knew it almost 45 minutes had passed by. I'm thinking..."My yard needs to be mower, yet I just sat here for 45 minutes watching someone else mow a virtual yard".

There's definitely something therapeutic about it, but I have no desire to play the mowing simulator or even watch it again. But it is strange and interesting how I just fell into a trance watching it.
    Well, I stand corrected. There is a demand for these "mundane games" and they do appear to be therapeutic.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    This is pretty cool. Speaking of videogames, anyone going to be playing Cities: Skylines 2? Comes out this fall. Figured someone like Plutonic Panda plays the first one. And maybe others on here since there is a lot of urban planning nerds like me here.
    C:S is the reason I switched my major from mech engineering to Geography and now work as a transportation planner. Sometimes I wish life was like C:S and I was the totalitarian leader of the city, haha.

This will be the last i post about this as the DLC is officially Out as of 12:00PM CDT on Aug 1st 2023

You Can Purchase the DLC Here https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...tor__Oklahoma/

Thread Information