Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma DLC In Truck Simulator

Food Truck Oklahoma DLC In Truck Simulator

Oklahoma is coming to a game called American Truck Simulator they are nailing it when it comes to realism they even have a EMSA Ambulance South Durant and South Lawton are already in game along with Waurika more are likely to be added later today once a update comes out that will likely add more release dates speculate from July 1st to August 10th my guess it it will be closer to August 8th or 10th of this year : its not out yet so for now it is content

2. Default Re: Oklahoma DLC In Truck Simulator

I thought this was food truck news with the icon above. Also, I don't understand this post whatsoever, sorry.

Default Re: Oklahoma DLC In Truck Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    I thought this was food truck news with the icon above. Also, I don't understand this post whatsoever, sorry.
    There's a game for PC called "American Truck Simulator" that allows players to simulate the experience of running a truck freight business, along with actually driving between realistic destinations to pick up or deliver trailers (though the driving sequences are shortened to improve the flow of the game). At launch, only a few states were available to drive through, but the game's developers have been steadily adding states you can drive to through paid expansions (DLC) - and Oklahoma is among them. The DLC is still in development but it's really neat to see landmarks like the Route 66 Museum in Clinton, or the Gloss Mountain State Park near Fairview in development screenshots - among others. Though I haven't seen the Skydance Bridge in any screenshots yet, I've seen Devon Tower and the downtown OKC skyline in the background of some of their development screenshots. In their dev blog, they've said some of the major industries you will be able to pick up from and deliver to are Goodyear in Lawton, Michelin in Ardmore, IC Bus in Tulsa, Tulsa Port of Catoosa, the York / Johnson Controls plant in Norman... Also Terex might have ceased production at their OKC plant in real life, but not in American Truck Simulator! They don't use any actual trademarks in game though, so the tire plants are named Dynamix, IC Bus is Yellow, Port of Catoosa is Tulsa Rockport, and York is Technoma. Those are just the major industries, though - there's stores and smaller industrial facilities and stuff you'll be able to pick up from and deliver to as well. The game is pretty neat and there's going to be a lot of recognizable landmarks to see as you drive in the Oklahoma DLC. They haven't set an official release date yet but some fans of the series are expecting it to come out this fall.

I am a sim racing nerd, and I just shared this information with a group of friends primarily in the UK and France. Not all of them play American Truck Simulator (me included), but a fair few of them do. I think it will be pretty cool they can experience a little of piece of my home virtually.

here is the sky dance bridge found in game filesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	oklahoma_01.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	18084

the first Americans museum is also in game Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	877.1 KB 
ID:	18085

also no evidence for the York factory at this time the Whirlpool factory in Tulsa is confirmed though

That's awesome, I hadn't seen these screenshots yet, love the attention to detail with the Skydance Bridge and even the pattern on the retaining walls along I-40.

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    also no evidence for the York factory at this time the Whirlpool factory in Tulsa is confirmed though
    One of the screenshots I saw in the "Oklahoma - New Cargoes To Haul" development blog post showed a bunch of A/C condensers with Devon Tower in the background, and the facility appears to be right next to the highway. That's why I thought it was supposed to be York. Curious what that industry location is actually supposed to be.

i saw that screenshot on the left side of the image looks to be a EMSA Ambulance as of 1.48 OB EMSA Ambulances are now in game files Oklahoma Welcome signs are not real though might make a mod that fixes that

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    That's awesome, I hadn't seen these screenshots yet, love the attention to detail with the Skydance Bridge and even the pattern on the retaining walls along I-40.

One of the screenshots I saw in the "Oklahoma - New Cargoes To Haul" development blog post showed a bunch of A/C condensers with Devon Tower in the background, and the facility appears to be right next to the highway. That's why I thought it was supposed to be York. Curious what that industry location is actually supposed to be.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EMSA OKC Spotted.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	18086

here are the ambulances in game

Name:	EMSA OKC.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	18088

Name:	EMSA Tulsa.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	18089
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EMSA OKC Spotted.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	18087  

Image Toll Booth on I44 South of Lawton

Name:	ats_20230623_045742_00.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	18090
    I35 North of Gainesville TX And Red River

Name:	ats_20230623_045835_00.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	18091
    Oklahoma Welcome Center near Erick

Name:	ats_20230623_050023_00.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	18092

All Images were taken by me within the Map Editor

just curious how the game works... i'd imagine that only the interstates are modeled. do they leave out the exit ramps or prevent you from exiting?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    just curious how the game works... i'd imagine that only the interstates are modeled. do they leave out the exit ramps or prevent you from exiting?
    Exit ramps are modeled but only for Interstates, US Highways, State Highways and City Streets leading to Depots.

Exit ramps are modeled but only for Interstates, US Highways, State Highways and City Streets leading to Depots.
    interesting... thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    interesting... thanks for the info!
    To help illustrate how this works, and how driving distances are shortened - SCS Software, the developer of the game, just released a gameplay preview video for the Oklahoma DLC earlier today. It shows driving from Gasquatch, a gas station and restaurant just northeast of Idabel on US-259, to the Sallisaw Travel Center at US-59 and I-40 outside of Sallisaw. That's a 2½ hour trip (135 miles) condensed down to about 15 minutes of gameplay.

It's kind of interesting in how they incorporate real-life landmarks so you still can get a general idea of where you are, but it seems kind of odd what they chose to include and not to include. Like, they included Broken Bow and Hochatown (along with the signs for Beaver's Bend State Park), and the 3 Sticks monument in the Kiamichi Mountains (and the hairpin curve just past that), but as soon as you come down out of the mountains you're teleported past the US-259 / US-59 junction up to where US-59 meets OK-31 (completely skipping past Poteau and Cavanal Hill) and then you're suddenly at the US-59 / OK-9 junction near Spiro. Right after turning left onto OK-9, the road curves (ignoring where OK-9 splits off from US-59) then you're right at the US-59 bridge over the Arkansas River, then a mile later you're at I-40. Simplification like this makes their job a lot easier, reducing everything they have to model, while also making gameplay shorter and more engaging despite limiting your route options.

19. Default Re: Oklahoma DLC In Truck Simulator

Needs shi**ier roads, more potholes. Not realistic.

We getting close. Tulsa Blog dropped yesterday
    https://blog.scssoft.com/2023/06/okl...tulsa.html?m=1

From Now until July 13th All DLCs are a total of $91.22, All Map DLCs are $55.91, And All Map DLCs Required for Oklahoma are $24.77 (Keep in Mind Oklahoma is not out yet and will likely be $11.99 or $17.99 at release)

So...If I understand correctly this is like a slower paced, less violent Grand Theft Auto video game?

Oklahoma City Blog Post Just Dropped
    https://blog.scssoft.com/2023/07/okl...-city.html?m=1

Oklahoma City Blog Post Just Dropped
    https://blog.scssoft.com/2023/07/okl...-city.html?m=1
    Okay, that is really super neat! They did a great job modeling the downtown skyline, and it's really cool seeing stuff like FAM and the Skydance Bridge in there too. Building proportions are kind of odd - in some of the screenshots, the Omni looks MASSIVE compared to Devon Tower - but I'm assuming that's because the road map isn't an exact 1:1 copy of real life so perspectives are kinda skewed (they cut out a bunch of stuff to shorten driving time in-game between destinations).

This is pretty cool. Speaking of videogames, anyone going to be playing Cities: Skylines 2? Comes out this fall. Figured someone like Plutonic Panda plays the first one. And maybe others on here since there is a lot of urban planning nerds like me here.

Thread Information