Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Andretti

Default Re: Andretti

There will be several restaurants along the lake in a similar setting as Chisholm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There will be several restaurants along the lake in a similar setting as Chisholm.
    That's awesome, and to be clear, I'm not down on The Half. I just don't currently feel like there's much there "yet" to give it that identity. I do think the additional restaurants, the hotel and stuff will really help with that. And I am excited for what's coming.

I also like the fact that there are more entertainment destination options in the city. It doesn't now always have to be "oh lets just go to Bricktown".

Awesome new attraction for OKC. The Colony location on 121 is such a hub of activity. There is also another one going in on I-35W in Alliance in N Ft Worth. This will be a boom for OKC.

Only problem with The Half is if your coming south on 235, you have to go all the way down and exit on Wilshire, and come back north on the Broadway Ext service RD.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Only problem with The Half is if your coming south on 235, you have to go all the way down and exit on Wilshire, and come back north on the Broadway Ext service RD.
    This would arguably be quicker than exiting at Britton even if there was an entrance to the Half off of Britton.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    This would arguably be quicker than exiting at Britton even if there was an entrance to the Half off of Britton.
    Especially with the Texas turnaround at Wilshire.

Love this! Seems like a super-cool concept.

9. Default Re: Andretti

This development keeps surprising me. I have spent way more time and money at the Half than I have at the Chisholm Creek development.

Upthread I wrote a couple of entries that described, in my mind, The Half as compared to OAK and Chisholm Creek. In another thread I voiced strange misgivings about some of the way this development is being designed, etc. Certainly not meant to be negative towards The Half, but have just thought a few things were odd about it.

But I do want to say something here more broadly. I am thrilled that high-quality development is happening in this location. This part of town has sat fallow for literally my entire life as growth has raced to distant points northwest. The growth pattern in north OKC has been really awkward. Logically, Broadway Extension should literally be the central spine of the whole north side and yet it has occupied this weird place that almost makes it seem like it's on the periphery. I think one reason why is that the nature of some of the neighborhoods for the first mile and a half west of the highway (before you get to Nichols Hills/The Village) can be described as "challenged" economically. In many cities and at many points in time that would have been really hard to overcome. But if this mile down to Wilshire fills in with quality development as Pete has indicated, and if it spawns more going north maybe to Hefner and beyond, I think it can serve to bring massive new energy and maybe even help those neighborhoods over time. I love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    This development keeps surprising me. I have spent way more time and money at the Half than I have at the Chisholm Creek development.
    Linteeny

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    Upthread I wrote a couple of entries that described, in my mind, The Half as compared to OAK and Chisholm Creek. In another thread I voiced strange misgivings about some of the way this development is being designed, etc. Certainly not meant to be negative towards The Half, but have just thought a few things were odd about it.

But I do want to say something here more broadly. I am thrilled that high-quality development is happening in this location. This part of town has sat fallow for literally my entire life as growth has raced to distant points northwest. The growth pattern in north OKC has been really awkward. Logically, Broadway Extension should literally be the central spine of the whole north side and yet it has occupied this weird place that almost makes it seem like it's on the periphery. I think one reason why is that the nature of some of the neighborhoods for the first mile and a half west of the highway (before you get to Nichols Hills/The Village) can be described as "challenged" economically. In many cities and at many points in time that would have been really hard to overcome. But if this mile down to Wilshire fills in with quality development as Pete has indicated, and if it spawns more going north maybe to Hefner and beyond, I think it can serve to bring massive new energy and maybe even help those neighborhoods over time. I love to see it.
    I think that is already happening with the medical offices north of Britton and the McBride hospital. There is a new building going up every week it seems. Now for the restaurants to get going. Chicken and Pickle is it unless you want to drive. Even then it is a food desert.

^

I know most people don't do this, but you can eat and drink at Flix without seeing a movie. There are even some outdoor seating.

^

I know most people don't do this, but you can eat and drink at Flix without seeing a movie. There are even some outdoor seating.
    So my wife and I actually arrived early for a movie one time and thought to get a drink and maybe an appetizer or something before going in to the theater, but when we asked someone where/how to order they just said we'd order in the theater.

We just sorta "um okay"d it and did our thing in the theater. Still not sure where one would order. We were just awkwardly ignored at the bar until we flagged someone down and got the answer previously mentioned.

I'm sure it was a one off but it sure was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    So my wife and I actually arrived early for a movie one time and thought to get a drink and maybe an appetizer or something before going in to the theater, but when we asked someone where/how to order they just said we'd order in the theater.

We just sorta "um okay"d it and did our thing in the theater. Still not sure where one would order. We were just awkwardly ignored at the bar until we flagged someone down and got the answer previously mentioned.

I'm sure it was a one off but it sure was weird.
    Was that recent? Covid and labor shortages messed a lot of things up.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Was that recent? Covid and labor shortages messed a lot of things up.
    It was late last year. And to be clear I'm not really worried about it. We had a good time and would go again. Pete's comment just reminded me of that experience.

Yes.
    What about the new Belle Isle HS. I remember reading that it would be at " Broadway and Wilshire"

Some new renderings:

83rd will be a new street correct?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    It already exists; it's the street just south of Flix.

It already exists; it's the street just south of Flix.
    i see that now ... just miss labeled on google maps ...

Lol at all the cars in those renderings...not nearly enough 2-ton, lifted trucks and oversized SUVs to be in Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Lol at all the cars in those renderings...not nearly enough 2-ton, lifted trucks and oversized SUVs to be in Oklahoma
    I was also thinking there's no way you'll be able to see that many stars from the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Actually if you take this street after the movies or chick n pickle you can catch the ramp back onto Broadway extension. Otherwise, you have to stay on access road past the light to get on the bdway ext.

Thread Information