Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andretti

Default Andretti

A deal has been signed for Oklahoma's first Andretti Indoor Karting & Games.

The huge facility will contain a multi-level track for electric super-karts, a state-of-the-art arcade, virtual reality attractions, professional racing simulators, bowling, and high-tech mini golf.

Andretti will also offer a food menu, full bar, and 10,000 square foot event venue, popular for birthday parties and other celebrations.

The complex will be south of Flix Brewhouse on Broadway Extension between Britton and Wilshire in The Half development.

In addition to Flix, The Half is also home to the popular Chicken N Pickle and Dolese Headquarters. Under construction are the BroadVue apartments with restaurants planned along the south shore of the small lake.

Andretti was founded in 2001 in Orlando, Florida. Oklahoma City would be its 10th location joining others in Florida, Texas, Georgia, and Arizona.

Default Re: Andretti

Perfect location! Good to see legit karting come back to OKC.

This is a huge get for OKC, the location in Frisco is always busy it seems.

4. Default Re: Andretti

Love me some gocarts! There are a couple of nice indoor ones around and this will be a great addition. The true multilevel massive track is awesome.

The indoor go kart track that was on 36th and May where Locke Supply is now didn’t last.

This is awesome! We've been multiple times to Andretti in The Colony and it's top notch all around.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    The indoor go kart track that was on 36th and May where Locke Supply is now didn’t last.
    You said the reason why...36th and May versus a mixed-use entertainment complex with other well-known options nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    Forgot about that. Pole Position?

9. Default Re: Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Forgot about that. Pole Position?
    yeah! Pole Position was awesome, but it was far more basic than this is and it was a terrible location. I think this is the style of Go Karts people really want. The neon and multiple levels/ tracks will help everyone feel more speed and excitement!

I like how these "branded' mixed-use developments are coming along all over the city. Between The Half, Chisholm Creek, and OAK, all offer something unique. But seems like they are competing. The problem with OAK is they really have limited room to expand. But with The Half and CC seems like the possibilities are endless. But out of all of them, I would say The Half is growing on me.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    I like how these "branded' mixed-use developments are coming along all over the city. Between The Half, Chisholm Creek, and OAK, all offer something unique. But seems like they are competing. The problem with OAK is they really have limited room to expand. But with The Half and CC seems like the possibilities are endless. But out of all of them, I would say The Half is growing on me.
    Agreed! I like that they aren't all in one place. OAK will get theirs. CC having TopGolf (and I'm sure more will be coming there), Half having CnP and Flix, and now this. I like that they are all over. Just wish the Southside could get something.

I agree, something between Norman/Moore would work. But UNP is pulling all the weight for everything right now. But it does not have any entertainment options besides Chuck E Cheese, lol.

The day they open I am going to walk in with a turtle in one hand and a banana in the other.

I actually think "lack of room to expand" is a feature of OAK, not a bug. It is positioning itself as more exclusive than the other two and the limited availability will create competition that ensures they will get who they want, instead of feeling the need to fill an endless amount of space with whatever the next franchised experience is to come down the pike.

I do not mean that as a slight to Half or Chisholm Creek, just that the three are going for different markets. And that's fine, and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    The day they open I am going to walk in with a turtle in one hand and a banana in the other.
    Easy there, Wario!

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    I actually think "lack of room to expand" is a feature of OAK, not a bug. It is positioning itself as more exclusive than the other two and the limited availability will create competition that ensures they will get who they want, instead of feeling the need to fill an endless amount of space with whatever the next franchised experience is to come down the pike.

I do not mean that as a slight to Half or Chisholm Creek, just that the three are going for different markets. And that's fine, and healthy.
    the OAK will continue to buy the surrounding neighborhood and continue to expand

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the OAK will continue to buy the surrounding neighborhood and continue to expand
    I hope they don't.

I do hope they do something nice with the car wash land across the street.

I hope they don't.

I do hope they do something nice with the car wash land across the street.
    i think they will and are currently pursuing both

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i think they will and are currently pursuing both
    Well, OK. It's not my investment or my hill to die on. I just think there is only so much "high level" retail and food that is going to come to OKC and I would hate to see this center diluted over time to include any chain that can make a lease payment. I suppose time will tell.

Well, OK. It's not my investment or my hill to die on. I just think there is only so much "high level" retail and food that is going to come to OKC and I would hate to see this center diluted over time to include any chain that can make a lease payment. I suppose time will tell.
    i agree with you there and i think they are being very very deliberate with how quickly they expand and what they bring in ..

The Half still feels more like a destination entertainment place rather than mixed use. Maybe I'm missing something there. I am at Chisholm Creek on a regular basis, sometimes shopping, sometimes eating/drinking, and sometimes entertainment. With The Half it's pretty much going to a movie or meeting someone at Chicken and Pickle. I'm excited about Andretti's and will certainly be a customer, but to me this place still isn't feeling mixed use as much as just a large plot of land with a couple of businesses. It just doesn't seem to have the identity that Oak will have (IMO) or that Chisholm Creek has now. To me calling it mixed use is like calling the Academy space on Broadway in Edmond "mixed use" because there's a trampoline park next door and a restaurant in the parking lot.

The Half is just getting started.

The apartments will open soon, they have several new-to-market restaurants on the hook, will be adding a hotel and will also have that 50-acre parcel to develop that extends south all the way to Britton.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The Half is just getting started.

The apartments will open soon, they have several new-to-market restaurants on the hook, will be adding a hotel and will also have that 50-acre parcel to develop that extends south all the way to Britton.
    Is the 50-acre parcel the one that OnCue bought recently?

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Is the 50-acre parcel the one that OnCue bought recently?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    The Half still feels more like a destination entertainment place rather than mixed use. Maybe I'm missing something there. I am at Chisholm Creek on a regular basis, sometimes shopping, sometimes eating/drinking, and sometimes entertainment. With The Half it's pretty much going to a movie or meeting someone at Chicken and Pickle. I'm excited about Andretti's and will certainly be a customer, but to me this place still isn't feeling mixed use as much as just a large plot of land with a couple of businesses. It just doesn't seem to have the identity that Oak will have (IMO) or that Chisholm Creek has now. To me calling it mixed use is like calling the Academy space on Broadway in Edmond "mixed use" because there's a trampoline park next door and a restaurant in the parking lot.
    This is an excellent point. The difference between The Half and the other two seems to be the amount of "mixing" going on. I don't get the sense there is going to be a lot of "wandering around, going in and out of places" at The Half the way there is at Chisholm Creek or there will be at OAK. At The Half you may spend all night at Chicken and Pickle or two hours at the movie theater. Again, not a criticism. Different animals.

Thread Information