Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Biang Theory

Film Exchange Big Biang Theory

The popular food truck, Big Biang Theory, is set to open a brick-and-mortar location in Film Row just west of downtown.

They will bring their popular Asian-influenced hand-pulled noodle dishes but will also feature an evolved and expanded menu with such items as a braised beef bowl and curry noodle dishes. Big Biang recently won Best Savory dish at the 2023 Festival of the Arts.

They plan several vegan-friendly items plus creative cocktails and a large beer selection.

The address is 704 W. Sheridan which is just west of Joey's Pizzeria and near OK Cider Co., the Jones Assembly, Flashback Retropub, and the newly opened Sun Cattle Company. Also, stay tuned for a new gourmet sandwich shop in the old Caeli's space.

The new restaurant should be open in a few months.

Default Re: Big Biang Theory

This will present a nice change of pace for the area.

wow... i'm pretty sure i need those beef noodles in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    They are great! I had them at the Art Festival a couple weeks ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I’ll second that!

We LOVE Big Biang! So glad they are opening this

The popular food truck, Big Biang Theory, will officially open its brick-and-mortar location today 11/15 in Film Row just west of downtown.

They will bring their popular Asian-influenced hand-pulled noodle dishes but will also feature an evolved and expanded menu with such items as a braised beef bowl and curry noodle dishes. Big Biang recently won Best Savory dish at the 2023 Festival of the Arts.

They plan several vegan-friendly items plus creative cocktails and a large beer selection. The menu shown below if for their soft opening; they will be adding menu items once a week until they hit full stride.

The address is 704 W. Sheridan which is just west of Joey's Pizzeria and near OK Cider Co., the Jones Assembly, Flashback Retropub, and the newly opened Sun Cattle Company.

Hours are 11 AM to 9 PM Tuesday through Thursday; open until 10 PM Friday and Saturday and 8 PM on Sunday; closed Mondays.

Not to be a stickler, but it is east of Joey's, OK Cider, Jones, Flashback and Sun Cattle.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Not to be a stickler, but it is east of Joey's, OK Cider, Jones, Flashback and Sun Cattle.
    You misread what I wrote:

The address is 704 W. Sheridan which is just west of Joey's Pizzeria and near OK Cider Co., the Jones Assembly, Flashback Retropub, and the newly opened Sun Cattle Company.

Are the prices on the menu that are slashed soft opening pricing? Neither of the prices match the prices listed on the online menu when I tried to figure it out myself. Looks like the website menu may be for the food truck though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Are the prices on the menu that are slashed soft opening pricing? Neither of the prices match the prices listed on the online menu when I tried to figure it out myself. Looks like the website menu may be for the food truck though.
    Slashed prices were soft opening; believe the restaurant prices are what is marked out.

I'm excited this is finally open. My wife and I love the food.

One complaint though is their use of the word Jap as a shortened form of jalapeno. I'm half Okinawan and had the slur "Jap" hurled at me as a kid once, so I bristled when I saw the word on the menu.

13. Default Re: Big Biang Theory

Quote Originally Posted by CS_Mike View Post
    One complaint though is their use of the word Jap as a shortened form of jalapeno. I'm half Okinawan and had the slur "Jap" hurled at me as a kid once, so I bristled when I saw the word on the menu.
    Probably better stay away from any Korean restaurants... And technically "jap" would be pronounced "hap" with this usage.

I'm excited this is finally open. My wife and I love the food.

i was just looking at the menu and that also stood out to me as an odd choice.

^^^^^^^^

Believe the owner and chef is Laotian and I know English is not his first language.

I'd give the guy a break -- super nice dude and works has arse off.

oh... i'm totally checking this place out anyway. the food looks amazing. for me it just raised an eyebrow, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Probably better stay away from any Korean restaurants... And technically "jap" would be pronounced "hap" with this usage.
    This comes off as very condescending, although maybe that wasn't your intent. I'm not going to read "japchae" and associate it with an ethnic slur, so I think I can handle going to a Korean restaurant just fine. And heck, I can even handle going to THIS restaurant despite my initial reaction to seeing the word as I know it's not intended to be used in that context. I just pointed it out since many people (including these owners) may not be aware of the negative connotations of the term.

This place is definitely a hit. My friends and I attempted to eat here tonight, but there was an hour and a half wait. We were pressed for time or else we would have waited.

When are you guys going to learn to take into account the OKCTalk Effect?

Not to be braggy but it's true: anything we feature is going to be swamped for at least a couple f weeks.

My only issue with this place the lack of an option for traditional biang biang. Everything has been stepped on five times more than coke you’d buy off of 10th and council. And I didn’t know about the egg rolls with that slur on them and that is a bit alarming to see they went through with adding that to the menu. The one time I ate there the food was good though. No idea when I’ll eat there again because if I’m in the area I would usually end up at flashback playing games or getting an onion burger. Or having a drink at that cider place sooner or later I’ll hit up before I leave though.

22. Default Re: Big Biang Theory

This comes off as very condescending, although maybe that wasn't your intent. I'm not going to read "japchae" and associate it with an ethnic slur, so I think I can handle going to a Korean restaurant just fine. And heck, I can even handle going to THIS restaurant despite my initial reaction to seeing the word as I know it's not intended to be used in that context. I just pointed it out since many people (including these owners) may not be aware of the negative connotations of the term.
    It's only negative if taken out of context... Which you just admitted you did... And I was being sarcastic... expressing contempt and mockery... Not being patronizing.

I actually ended up going against everything I said and just ate here right away. They added the tradition noodles and they no longer have an ethnic slur on their menu. Still okay for the most part and I kinda wanna know where they get their noodles from though.

^

They make and hand-pull their own noodles.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    It's only negative if taken out of context... Which you just admitted you did... And I was being sarcastic... expressing contempt and mockery... Not being patronizing.
    Serious question... Are you saying you were mocking my visceral reaction to seeing a slur on a menu? Or am I misunderstanding the intent of your sarcasm?

Thread Information