Widgets Magazine

Thread: What are the Chances of a New Water Tower in the next 5-10 years

Moore What are the Chances of a New Water Tower in the next 5-10 years

moore only has 4 active water tanks with the toby keith water tank being there since at least the late 60's with moore growing when do you think we will see another one also whenever this new tank does come will they put the city shield on it or the boring blue lettering that spells MOORE i would like to see the
    city shield but a return to the Smile America would be cool as the garage sale signs still have the Smile America symbol on it

2. Default Re: What are the Chances of a New Water Tower in the next 5-10 years

So that would depend on if we're near capacity on the existing units. I would bet that we're not. Yes Moore has grown a lot, but those tanks hold a massive amount too.

We're about the same population as MWC and they have about the same capacity as Moore now. They actually reduced capacity when they built the newer one on 29th street (Bombers one) . But they had built extra capacity in to the Carl Albert 29th street one knowing the old 29th street one would have to go eventually.

So, no, i dont think you'll see a need for this any time soon.

Default Re: What are the Chances of a New Water Tower in the next 5-10 years

Now that Mark Hamm is Mayor Elect it is speculation time on where the next water tower will be or will the remaining water towers be replaced

Do we need another water tower?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Martin View Post
    Edmond has been pretty aggressive about replacing their water tower's around town. The current model (large gray base with the white round top) they are replacing holds 2 million gallons, which is about 4 times as much as the older standard water towers that were built many years ago.

I imagine Moore would be similar that much of the infrastructure needs to address the growth the city has had in the last 10-15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Martin View Post
    image_2024-02-16_205742045.jpg

he said he was going to do it if elected mayor

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    Now that Mark Hamm is Mayor Elect it is speculation time on where the next water tower will be or will the remaining water towers be replaced
    What does that have to do with Hamm, is this one of his personal endeavors?

Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    What does that have to do with Hamm, is this one of his personal endeavors?
    He said that he was going to do it if elected

I think before that is even considerd he's going to address the multi-million dollar water line infrastructure that needs addressed. At least per Hamm that sounds like it's more important than a new water tower.

Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    I think before that is even considerd he's going to address the multi-million dollar water line infrastructure that needs addressed. At least per Hamm that sounds like it's more important than a new water tower.
    it is part of that plan from what it looks like

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    it is part of that plan from what it looks like
    I wonder how long before he brings a GO bond proposal for that? If he's looking something to hang his hat on, at least to get started this term, we may be seeing discussions/townhalls in the next couple of years.

12. Default Re: What are the Chances of a New Water Tower in the next 5-10 years

I'm curious why he thinks Moore needs one. It's a weird platform to put on your campaign flyers..."i'll build a water tower". OK, we have 3 already, so why the 4th? And why that before you fix the crappy roads?

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I'm curious why he thinks Moore needs one. It's a weird platform to put on your campaign flyers..."i'll build a water tower". OK, we have 3 already, so why the 4th? And why that before you fix the crappy roads?
    I agree. Seems like an odd thing to mention. Maybe just say he wants to address our aging water infrastructure....
    As a citizen of Moore am I supposed to be proud of water towers?

Sounds like something that is already part of the long term plan so he knows he can get support for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    As he stated in the campaign forum, underground infrastructure repair, although necessary, lacks the "shiny/new" appeal as other projects like new roads and intersections can bring. And since we just approved a boat load of those and they are already in work perhaps this is something he can use as a visual cue of accomplishments under his lead..

Even that doesn't sound like something you could get many residents fired up about unless it's shaped like a gigantic red solo cup, perhaps you could get some excitement from that otherwise I really don't understand the need.

Thread Information