Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Tulsa Interstate (US-412)

Default Re: New Tulsa Interstate (US-412)

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    There’s also a spur north of Tonitown it can and likely will tie into. ArDOT already has plans to redo that interchange at I-49. I’d be willing to bet they find a way to expedite this project.
    the spur that is north of tonitown (612 ) the next phase (before the east side project that you linked) is on the west side from existing 412 up to the 612 spur ..

https://www.ardot.gov/wp-content/upl...H_Disp_Cou.pdf

https://www.ardot.gov/divisions/envi...s-highway-412/

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the spur that is north of tonitown (612 ) the next phase (before the east side project that you linked) is on the west side from existing 412 up to the 612 spur ..

https://www.ardot.gov/wp-content/upl...H_Disp_Cou.pdf

https://www.ardot.gov/divisions/envi...s-highway-412/
    Correct I mentioned it because it appears ArDOT has plans to expand that facility even further east at some point.

Correct I mentioned it because it appears ArDOT has plans to expand that facility even further east at some point.
    612 by pass is going to reconnect with 412 right before the lake

612 by pass is going to reconnect with 412 right before the lake
    Correct which is why I think it’ll tie in with a Siloam Springs Bypass. There’s the airport XNA connector project as well in the area.

Correct which is why I think it’ll tie in with a Siloam Springs Bypass. There’s the airport XNA connector project as well in the area.
    i don't think so I think you can expect the main line the new interstate going west from 49 to be 612 until in connects with 412 (around highway 68 and 412 ) then 412 be full interstate for 10 miles or so until it connects to the future siloam bypass some where east of siloam springs ..

i don't think so I think you can expect the main line the new interstate going west from 49 to be 612 until in connects with 412 (around highway 68 and 412 ) then 412 be full interstate for 10 miles or so until it connects to the future siloam bypass some where east of siloam springs ..
    Here’s a new article which sheds some light and gives somewhat of a timeline: https://www.4029tv.com/article/bids-...pass/45727996#

Plans for the Springdale bypass

IMG_6740.jpeg

Plans for the Springdale bypass

IMG_6740.jpeg
    and all but the eastern 6 miles or so of this is fully funded and the bids are either already approved or out for bid

and all but the eastern 6 miles or so of this is fully funded and the bids are either already approved or out for bid
    Good note but I believe they own the ROW.

I believe ODOT will build it as a free to use freeway and not an extension of the existing turnpike(on the the OK side obviously) but I’m not sure.

It seems a little odd they are shifting this south to the existing 412 near Tontitown, given a few miles west of this they are going to need to then go around Siloam Springs, when it would be basically a strait line west from the existing part built to go past Siloam Springs. Plus anything this saves in new highway miles added, probably gets offset in complications during construction, as the road will likely be kept open while doing upgraded between those two cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    It seems a little odd they are shifting this south to the existing 412 near Tontitown, given a few miles west of this they are going to need to then go around Siloam Springs, when it would be basically a strait line west from the existing part built to go past Siloam Springs. Plus anything this saves in new highway miles added, probably gets offset in complications during construction, as the road will likely be kept open while doing upgraded between those two cities.
    it is 10 full miles that is a lot of ROW to acquire for one reason

and it is really not that much out of the way

it is 10 full miles that is a lot of ROW to acquire for one reason

and it is really not that much out of the way
    They are acquiring around half of that with the shift down and around, and land they acquire around the existing 412 is probably worth more than farmland north of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    They are acquiring around half of that with the shift down and around, and land they acquire around the existing 412 is probably worth more than farmland north of it.
    going south back to 412 costs them about a mile +/- of "extra" ROW "

also that part of the project is actually funded and is starting .. (and is needed now)

Thread Information