Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Canoo

Default Re: Canoo

They mentioned easy on-site rail access when this was announced, but I don't really see it. Maybe they will build a separate facility nearby for their shipping and receiving and just truck things over as needed? There's a Union Pacific mainline north of I-40 but no easy way to get a rail line to the facility. There would be a very expensive right of way as well as construction of a grade-separated bridge... It would easily be a $40 million project to connect to that. To the south, there's the Stillwater Central Railroad that interchanges with BNSF. There "might" be some preserved right of way just looking at the aerial photos and what looks to possibly be a very old railroad bed...but I am not sure. It would be expensive to lay that much track, but it would be the easiest solution would be to extend the industry track that passes through Hobby Lobby. This would also require the construction of a bridge over Mustang Creek.

Briana Bailey posted this on Twitter: https://ir.stockpr.com/canoo/sec-fil...12158d1_8k.htm

Canoo didn’t buy the property but a shell company did. Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Briana Bailey posted this on Twitter: https://ir.stockpr.com/canoo/sec-fil...12158d1_8k.htm

Canoo didn’t buy the property but a shell company did. Huh.
    I believe they may have bought the property with the intent to immediately sell it to another party who in turn leased it back to them. Since they are so low on cash that may be the only way they could have done the deal.

I’m still not buying Tony’s comments during the last earnings call that 60% of their equipment “is already in OKC”.

I don’t know enough about economics to even have a clue as to what is going on. I’ll just believe this is real deal when they start producing and selling vehicles.

While the Assessors site does not show the property has sold, the County Clerks does.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TEREX.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	17983

Blog Entries

RE Broker has sent out announcements the deal has closed.

This article says the facility is being leased...

https://electrek.co/2023/04/10/canoo...ring-facility/

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post

I read about the above mentioned lease. I also read in another article that TEREX will still lease a small part of the facility. Maybe that is where the 'lease' came from ?

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post

No idea if accurate but I saw something that a company affiliated with the Canoo CEO is who bought the property and leased it back to Canoo.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    No idea if accurate but I saw something that a company affiliated with the Canoo CEO is who bought the property and leased it back to Canoo.
    that would make sense. it's a fairly common tactic.

Electric vehicle manufacturer Canoo has filed plans to convert the former Terex facility into an assembly plant at Morgan Road and I-40 in far west Oklahoma City.

An LLC that tracks back to the company's CEO had recently purchased the property and leased it to Canoo.

The manufacturing facility will be used for final vehicle assembly utilizing robotics as well as a body shop, paint shop and automated paint line, quality control, complete vehicle testing, and more.

There will also be a training center and test track.

In addition to the 500,000 square feet in existing buildings, there is the capacity to expand on the property's 120 acres. Canoo expects to employ more than 500 people in Phase 1.

Canoo has designed a modular platform to maximize interior space and their vehicles are highly customizable for both businesses and consumers.

Walmart has agreed to purchase 4,500 Evs to be used for delivery and NASA will use their vehicles to transport the Artemis crew for its moon mission.

Cool to see the plans, hope it all works out.

Side note: "Mega Micro" is just funny to me.

That’s fantastic news.

With the future potential Pryor plant being the largest, what is that spell for this Terex facility? The production numbers from Pryor eclipse this facility, where it would almost seem to not be worth running both unless this facility could pivot to some other role with the company?

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    That’s fantastic news.

With the future potential Pryor plant being the largest, what is that spell for this Terex facility? The production numbers from Pryor eclipse this facility, where it would almost seem to not be worth running both unless this facility could pivot to some other role with the company?
    Pryor is to be a battery plant.

They have talked about an assembly plant in Pryor but if that was ever to happen, that would be down the road.

Thanks I was just going off of their infographic in your post. 2024+ 400K units I assumed meant vehicles. Obviously the 2024 number may be a bit enthusiastic.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    "Long term, the Oklahoma City facility announced Wednesday will focus on producing defense and specialty products, said Aquila. In April, NASA selected Canoo to provide crew transportation vehicles for the crewed Artemis lunar exploration launches, and in July, the U.S. Army selected Canoo to supply EVs for analysis and demonstration." - https://techcrunch.com/2022/11/09/ca...oklahoma-city/

Is any of this stuff new or just a rehash of what they put out last year? I guess if nothing else it pumped up their stock price a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Is any of this stuff new or just a rehash of what they put out last year? I guess if nothing else it pumped up their stock price a little.
    What's new is 1) they bought the Terex property; and 2) filed building permits to convert to an assembly plant.

That's actual investment and action after a lot of talk.

They now have several positions posted on their careers page for the Oklahoma City plant

Blog Entries

CANOO INC. ANNOUNCES FIRST QUARTER 2023 RESULTS

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301825198.html

2023: Losses exceeding $90 million reported by Oklahoma Journal Record.

Tulsa World
    Canoo reports loss of $164 million in second quarter From Staff Reports Aug 8, 2022 Updated May 10, 2023: https://tulsaworld.com/business/loca...a1e887da2.html

They better come up with some money quick. They have about 30 days worth on-hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    They better come up with some money quick. They have about 30 days worth on-hand.
    I wonder how much of the $150 million in “on and off balance sheet financing” is credit lines they can tap into.

Quote Originally Posted by runOKC View Post
    I wonder how much of the $150 million in “on and off balance sheet financing” is credit lines they can tap into.
    I don't know but they said they only $6.5 million in cash and cash equivalents. Even if they had the full $150 million they are losing about $100 million a quarter. The Motley Fool had an article yesterday saying they didn't have enough money to last thru the end of the year.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2023/...2-early-today/

From the article: "Canoo ended Q1 with only $6.7 million in cash and will require additional funds to invest in R&D, start production, and even run its day-to-day operations. Heck, Canoo just said its existing cash is "not sufficient to support planned operations for the next 12 months." I wouldn't touch such a stock with a 10-foot pole, no matter how promising its goals."

I think Canoo’s partnerships with Walmart and nasa will pull them through this but in general I think things are going to be fairly difficult for anyone manufacturing electric cars for the next 5-10 years. Toyota’s put out several pretty good and logical articles about why they aren’t jumping in both feet first into the electric market and are sticking to gasoline and hybrid powered cars for awhile. Tesla got the first mover advantage and it’s going to be tough for others to catch-up until the market and infrastructure start maturing.

The biggest challenge for EV-only manufacturers is that their main source of revenue, selling their carbon offset credits, isn't needed anymore.

Thread Information