Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: November 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Default Re: November 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Definitely did not expect that tonight!

That snowfall was is the best. Large wet flakes that dusted vehicles but the roads were not adversely affected. I did not have to break out the snow shovel and salt. If only all the snowfalls in Oklahoma were like the one that occurred yesterday evening.

3. Default Re: November 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    That snowfall was is the best. Large wet flakes that dusted vehicles but the roads were not adversely affected. I did not have to break out the snow shovel and salt. If only all the snowfalls in Oklahoma were like the one that occurred yesterday evening.
    AMEN!!!! We were out in it. It was beautiful to watch but didn't effect anything.

Models forecasting the storm to be stronger tonight. It looks like it will definitely be a heavy wet snow much like we saw Friday night.

Current tracks put the heaviest bands along I-40 across the entire state.

Winter Weather Advisory is out for basically C and W OK. Forecast models are focusing a sustained heavy band of snow that appears it will most likely set up across W OK.

6. Default Re: November 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Last HRRR shows SW Oklahoma getting up to 6 inches. OKC getting very little. I'm a huge HRRR fan right now.

7. Default Re: November 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Oops

Snow. I may go to scissortail and slide down the hill they built

Looks like the low is coming in a bit further west than what the models originally thought. Also looks like the NAM is even hinting at central ok getting shafted completely with a dry slot.

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    Looks like the low is coming in a bit further west than what the models originally thought. Also looks like the NAM is even hinting at central ok getting shafted completely with a dry slot.
    I hope you are right.

I HATE snow.

All the short-range models coming in with higher snowfall rates tonight. The storm’s track will determine a swath of potentially 6”+ amounts across a very localized area.

At the time of posting this, that area is forecast to be across W and SW parts of the state.

12. Default Re: November 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by floyd the barber View Post
    I hope you are right.

I HATE snow.
    I don't really hate snow. It can be really pretty. In 4 or 5 years when I retire it can snow all it wants because I won't have to make sure thousands of square feet of pavement are cleared off.

Fresh off the press model run. Models have backed off amounts some this morning, but the majority of them are agreeing that the track will result in highest accumulation (on grass) in an area from around Elk City and trailing off to the SE around Lawton.

What's with the lack of coverage in NE OK/SE KS, dry slot or slower conversion from rain to snow?

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    What's with the lack of coverage in NE OK/SE KS, dry slot or slower conversion from rain to snow?
    Just due to the track of the low. This storm is extremely compact. So the majority of convection is going to be close with the center of the low. This can be seen right now on radar around the Altus area, the low is tracking just south of the RR. So majority of the convection is going to be along and just N of the river. The precipitation plume that will cascade across the remainder of OK is naturally weaker from S to N.

Looking to be mostly pretty wet here in central OKC, but no snow. Temps look like they're going to stay above freezing too.

Models did an overall pretty good job with the dry slot that set in for central Oklahoma.

What’s up next? Any good storm systems setting up for us in the near future?

Snowing in NW okc

19. Default Re: November 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Snowing in NW okc
    Only sticking to roofs, cars and grass. Kind of snow I love.

Too warm It's hard enough to get snow in Oklahoma it's really hard to get snow during the day in Oklahoma. By about 9am here is what a storm chasers/meteorologist that I followed posted. Pro tip: You’re probably not getting much, if any snow (Oklahoma City) when your thermal profile is this warm and precipitation is falling during daylight hours. (Plus the trend continues to be warmer) So it was know very early OKC was getting no snow.

Quiet weather continues into the weekend. Reinforcement of cold air comes in for Friday leading to our coldest day of the season so far at just around freezing. Saturday morning lows will be in the lower 20s perhaps with some flurries.

Temperatures will rebound Sunday into next week and we likely will be in the 60s by Thanksgiving.

In addition to the warm up next week humidity will also increase ahead of a storm system. Models keep flip flopping on precip chances across the state with most favoring southeastern OK. This would move through early Thanksgiving

Next storm on track to arrive late Wednesday and stick around a couple days. Decent rainfall totals possible across much of the state with SE OK favored

Bit of a sneak attack on the forecasts.... precipitation amounts keep going up and the temperature going downward. Surprise!

Thanksgiving won't be a total washout, but there will be intermittent chances of rain showers for the rest of the week until the storm system moves out. The main show for OKC will be Friday into Saturday. This storm will be a drought buster for TX.

Thread Information