Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: October 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Default Re: October 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Thanks to the ideal, not cold weather for it, OSU probably had its biggest homecoming weekend crowd ever. Lots of people from Texas came up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Predictions showing the best soaking tomorrow since early May.

Fingers crossed!
    It's sure needed to discourage the brush fires. This is an example of what one left behind near Stillwater. Maybe it explains the electrical outage Friday morning.

What is this wet stuff falling from the sky??

Really getting soaked near Penn Square, thank goodness.

4. Default Re: October 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Got a few minutes of good, hard rain here at 36th & Santa Fe, looked like it rained a bit earlier this morning, but wasn't raining (much) during the heart of the morning commute. A win-win!

Last round of rain is taking shape in the low's wrap-around out across TX PH right now. This will sweep across the state from W to E giving another shot at an additional 0.50-1.00" of rain.

Best this map has looked since early June - hopefully the next storm system on Friday brings some rain to NW Oklahoma and the Panhandle

Thursday night another storm system swings through the plains. However, it is beginning to look like this one will dive further south and bring the good stuff to TX. Will keep monitoring for track deviation.

Good rain chances across the entire state starting Thursday and lasting through the weekend 11/3-6. Potential for heavy rain and possible some severe storms, the exact locations will be nailed down later this week. Warmer temps in the 70’s before the system arrives.

Since I have been one of the most vocal gripers about the heat and drought, I wanted to say how near-perfect the weather has been and looks to be for the next week or two.

I love the warm -- not too hot, not too cold -- afternoons, the cool mornings and nights, the light winds, and a good spacing out of rain showers. I've been knocking out some back-breaking outdoor projects and it feels so good to get things done.

I know we are still way behind the norm on rain, but considering where we were a month ago, this already feels 100x better. Sure hope it continues and we have a mild winter.

10. Default Re: October 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Since I have been one of the most vocal gripers about the heat and drought, I wanted to say how near-perfect the weather has been and looks to be for the next week or two.

I love the warm -- not too hot, not too cold -- afternoons, the cool mornings and nights, the light winds, and a good spacing out of rain showers. I've been knocking out some back-breaking outdoor projects and it feels so good to get things done.

I know we are still way behind the norm on rain, but considering where we were a month ago, this already feels 100x better. Sure hope it continues and we have a mild winter.
    I could not possibly agree more. I pride myself on never having the top up on my Miata in 8 years. This last 3 weeks have been an almost every day commute in the Miata day. A little chilly in the morning sometimes but that's what hoodies are for. And I too hope for a mild winter. And dry even though we need moisture. Moisture will be fine with me as long as it's not snow.

I hate having to run the heater at night and the A/C during the day. And that's what this week will be. I'd prefer it be one or the other.

Dewpoints mid 60's end of the week. However looks like the cold front might come thru a lot quicker like on Friday afternoon. I'm sure it will change a lot between now and Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I could not possibly agree more. I pride myself on never having the top up on my Miata in 8 years.
    You drove a convertible in the ice storm 2 years ago? Bold move.

14. Default Re: October 2022 - General Weather Discussion

I love the warm -- not too hot, not too cold -- afternoons, the cool mornings and nights, the light winds, and a good spacing out of rain showers... Sure hope it continues and we have a mild winter.
    Well of course, you're describing SoCal weather--where you used to live! Enjoy the next two weeks, it'll be extreme one way or the other before you know it!

15. Default Re: October 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    You drove a convertible in the ice storm 2 years ago? Bold move.
    No way! She's a second car. Nice weather only. A couple times I've got caught in a shower that wasn't supposed to happen but that's the only time she's been even wet.

16. Default Re: October 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    No way! She's a second car. Nice weather only. A couple times I've got caught in a shower that wasn't supposed to happen but that's the only time she's been even wet.
    Drove and loved a Miata when I lived in Florida. If you go fast enough on the interstate when you get caught out in a shower you don't feel a thing!

Thread Information