Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: October 2022 - General Weather Discussion

1. Default Re: October 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Drove 75 through SE OK yesterday - really sad to see how dry that area looks right now. Dead or dying trees all over the place. So different than how it typically looks which is usually really lush and beautiful with the hills and forests
    Again, don't assume that those tress are dead necessarily. I recently spoke with the Edmond Urban Forester and some trees go dormant as a defense mechanism because of heat and drought. They basically give up and just shut down for winter early. The way you can tell that it really has died is if it hangs onto its leaves through the winter when they would normally fall off. So if you go through that area next spring and see a bunch of trees with brown leaves on it, you know they have had a big tree kill.

Default Re: October 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Water is currently falling from the sky at 50th & Santa Fe. What a time to be alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hopefully today is the last of the mid to high 80's until next year.

How about some 60's & 70's before we plunge into winter?? Still waiting for fall to actually arrive. Would like to turn off my A/C.

BTW, as dry as it is and with the ever-growing homeless issue, I bet we'll see a ton of fires started by people trying to stay warm once things cool off.
    The 2nd half of October has been known to have a few 80s. Halloween 2016 was in the mid 80s. November can have a few 80s.

A decent wave of rain and some rumbles of thunder is approaching SW OK at this time. This should continue to evolve and path along I-44 corridor into the evening hours.

^

Let's hope we get anything close to that!

Heading outside to do my rain dance...

Blog Entries

Decent little thunderstorm popping off out NW OKC. Good lightening show and peppering rain (which sounds pretty wonderful).

Not a drought buster by any means but anything is welcome at this point. Rain chances remain today mainly E OK then again across the state on Sunday

The last 120 days is second driest 120-day period on record statewide. Just .09" of rain away from tying the 1959 record.

Saturday into Sunday rain chances increase across southern half of state. Barring major changes, looks like C OK will miss out on majority of rainfall.

Tomorrow evening is looking pretty, pretty good in terms of storm chances. Could be our first widespread heavy rain event since September 1st.

OKC it is going to be real close for the good stuff. Most hi-def models painting the heaviest rainfall from Norman area and points south.

SPC does have a Slight Risk issued for basically I-40 corridor for any early storms that fire up packing a punch. Hashed for large hail with any isolated storms.

12. Default Re: October 2022 - General Weather Discussion

I sure hope that pink over Carter County happens... I need that x10.

CU field trying to get going across I-40 with some towers, but mostly struggling at this time across C OK.

Currently sitting in the Lucky Star parking lot north of El Reno watching towers try to go up. Something halfway promising to the north of me, but don’t think it’s going to make it yet. Expecting initiation around 6-7 p.m. with storms becoming increasingly widespread around 8-10 p.m.

MCD out for a potential severe thunderstorm watch

Cluster of strong to marginally severe storms continues to slowly work its way towards the OKC Metro.

Decent rains across a good part of the state but still some areas missing out. Next rain chances are on Monday the 24th

Now is the time to go "leaf peeping" as the trees are starting to turn colors.

Looking at the temps, I really feel like it's going to be a gorgeous fall similar to what we had in 2012.

Many 20s this morning across N and NE OK. Should see a near-statewide freeze Wednesday morning with the only ones being spared across SW OK.

Another storm system is approaching the US.

Temperatures: Warmer temperatures will continue to flood northward into the state as S winds begin to pick up heading into the weekend. Mid 80s for highs.

Fire: High fire danger Friday-Monday with those strong S winds ahead of the front.

Rain: Chances at this time look low for W OK, 50/50 for C OK, and high for E OK. Rain would mainly be Monday night.

Updates heading into the weekend.

No major changed to the fire or temperature forecast. This weekend will feel like late Spring.

Rain forecast is changing some as it looks like a deep upper-level storm system will develop on the heels of a large system that will impact the northern parts of the country heading into early next week.

Models are forecasting widespread heavy rain across the state Monday into Monday night. Could even see some minor flooding.

That would be a dream if that materializes. Everyone wash your car this weekend!

90s today!!!

Looking forward to the rain

Predictions showing the best soaking tomorrow since early May.

Fingers crossed!

Thread Information