Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dado's Pizza

Default Re: Dado's Pizza

Had today. Something with the cheese/sauce did not sit right with me. Made me nauseous. I’ll stick with Empire.

Have had Dado's three times, but haven't yet ordered a full pizza. 2/3 times the crust was hard enough that I realized my jaw was getting a work out by the end. I think in both cases, the pizza was just a bit too old, but I went Friday @ 6:00, so I would have thought a pepperoni slice would be relatively fresh.

I'll order a full pizza and see how that goes, but it's getting hard for me to see how this should be chosen over Empire. Has anyone had Dado's in NY, and, if so, how does Dado's NY stack up against average NY competition? Hard for me to imagine how this is a win for their brand if they do not outclass everything in the area.

I don't think pizza by the slice is ever going to work in OKC.

Due to lack of volume, the pizza just sits for too long unless you luck into something coming straight out of the oven.

I won't name names but I've had several horrible experiences with slice pizza in OKC. I completely avoid it these days; would rather just order the huge, expensive full pie than roll the dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I don't think pizza by the slice is ever going to work in OKC.

Due to lack of volume, the pizza just sits for too long unless you luck into something coming straight out of the oven.

I won't name names but I've had several horrible experiences with slice pizza in OKC. I completely avoid it these days; would rather just order the huge, expensive full pie than roll the dice.
    But what about Empire? Aren't they a big success? And don't they do pizza by the slice?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    But what about Empire? Aren't they a big success? And don't they do pizza by the slice?
    They do a lot more than by the slice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They do a lot more than by the slice.
    That's true but before Covid when I used to patronize their Plaza location I could get a small Caesar salad, and two slices of pizza from two different specialty pizzas, and a dessert for a very good price point. I don't know if they still offer such, but they've been very successful, and I've recently learned they expanded to Tulsa. They must be doing something right!

Maybe Empire is the exception, precisely because they stay busy doing more than pizza by the slice. Busy pizza place means fresh pizza all day, whereas slow pizza place means pizza by the slice sitting under a heat lamp for an hour or so.

8. Default Re: Dado's Pizza

I can’t speak to other locations, but pizza by the slice is on point at Rendezvous in Bricktown, which I think actually compares favorably to Empire, for anyone who hasn’t tried it. But to the earlier point, the place stays pretty pbusy throughout the day, so the slices are always fresh.

9. Default Re: Dado's Pizza

The two places I spend the most at when it comes to pizza have pizza by the slice. Empire and Rendezvous are consistent and I never have a problem ordering pizza by the slice. It helps that both have bars that offer plenty of options. Dado's isn't the same type of place.

I haven't tried it but need to give it a try I guess. Empire is a lot closer for us SW OKC folk.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/life...d/73181425007/

I ordered a full pie a couple of weeks ago and was definitely impressed. Thought the crust was better than what I usually get at Empire (which I like, but don't love). May have gotten lucky (and I imagine the by the slice complaints are fully justified), but based on that one experience it will probably be my go to for New York style pizza until they start to disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    I ordered a full pie a couple of weeks ago and was definitely impressed. Thought the crust was better than what I usually get at Empire (which I like, but don't love). May have gotten lucky (and I imagine the by the slice complaints are fully justified), but based on that one experience it will probably be my go to for New York style pizza until they start to disappoint.
    Can you remind me the cost on one of their whole pies? Thinking I may need to get that for dinner this weekend!

13. Default Re: Dado's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Can you remind me the cost on one of their whole pies? Thinking I may need to get that for dinner this weekend!
    Their pizzas run about $30 after tax. Well worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Their pizzas run about $30 after tax. Well worth it!
    are they as big as Empire's pies?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    are they as big as Empire's pies?
    Yes, same size.

We have probably gotten it half a dozen times in last few months. Margherita add pepperoni has become our go to. I think it's a little under $32, got a random discount on a promo day and thought prices had dipped only to realize not the next time. I wish Empire were a little closer to us but Dado's is solid.

Empire Pizza is surely a very BIG success. Because you tell me why, oh why, would they want to dare risk to now be getting ready to open in such a very small market as downtown Stillwater if they weren't? However, about the only new things opening up in downtown Stillwater are bars and restaurants, so Empire Pizza is going to be faced with some competition.

Thread Information