Widgets Magazine

Thread: New Downtown Arena

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: New Downtown Arena

There are 159 pages on this thread so forgive me if this has already been discussed, but talking about Arena design.. I LOVE the Tennessee Titians new Stadium design. I think the COX site is big enough to do something like this, but obviously it would need to be smaller since this is a Football Stadium rendering, but I LOVE the design!

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    There are 159 pages on this thread so forgive me if this has already been discussed, but talking about Arena design.. I LOVE the Tennessee Titians new Stadium design. I think the COX site is big enough to do something like this, but obviously it would need to be smaller since this is a Football Stadium rendering, but I LOVE the design!

Looks really cool. Kansas City also recently released their renderings for their downtown ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by caaokc View Post
    Looks really cool. Kansas City also recently released their renderings for their downtown ballpark.
    Kaufmann Stadium opened 50 years ago, while I am a fan of how the Truman Sports Complex has worked over the years, the setup has certainly favored the Chiefs and Arrowhead, versus a baseball friendly venue. Both stadiums in KC allow the common fan a great experience.

Nissan Stadium on the other hand is the same age almost as Ford Center/Paycom Center, and was built specifically when the Oilers/Titans moved to Nashville from Houston. It's surprising that the lifespan of stadiums is getting shorter, yet more elaborate with each build. Nissan Stadium will be 28 years old when it gets demolished. The Georgia Dome and Ballpark in Arlington also had very short lifespans as arenas/stadiums. (Yes, I know the Ballpark in Arlington is still standing, but it's a very odd configuration for sporting events, and not a major league tenant)

I completely understand that Paycom Center was built bare bones to get it built on budget and we have adapted it as much as possible to serve the Thunder. However, hope the new arena can last 30+ years given the significant investment by citizens of the City.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Kaufmann Stadium opened 50 years ago, while I am a fan of how the Truman Sports Complex has worked over the years, the setup has certainly favored the Chiefs and Arrowhead, versus a baseball friendly venue. Both stadiums in KC allow the common fan a great experience.

The Georgia Dome and Ballpark in Arlington also had very short lifespans as arenas/stadiums. (Yes, I know the Ballpark in Arlington is still standing, but it's a very odd configuration for sporting events, and not a major league tenant)
    I don't know specifics of the Georgia Dome but there was nothing wrong with The Ballpark at Arlington except that it was outdoors. With the frequent day games before travel, playing outdoors in at The Ballpark in Arlington was not reasonable. I can attest to trying to watch games in 105 to 115 degrees and it was awful. This was the main reason for building the new dome.

5. Default Re: New Downtown Arena

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I don't know specifics of the Georgia Dome but there was nothing wrong with The Ballpark at Arlington except that it was outdoors. With the frequent day games before travel, playing outdoors in at The Ballpark in Arlington was not reasonable. I can attest to trying to watch games in 105 to 115 degrees and it was awful. This was the main reason for building the new dome.
    I actually miss the days of melting into the seats watching the Rangers. My childhood

Thread Information