Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eExpress

Default eExpress

eExpress is planning to build on the NW corner of 27th & I-35 in Moore.

The company rep told me it will be bigger than the I-240 & Sunnylane location that opened about a year ago.

This store will feature:
    -Neptune Submarine Sandwiches (only other location is on Classen)
    -Sbarro NYC Pizza (don't remember seeing Sbarro in a service station)
    -Einstein Bros Bagel
    -Krispy Krunchy Chicken
    -Mi Faburrito Fresh Mexican Grill

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: eExpress

A blue OnCue. Nice!

3. Default Re: eExpress

Rendering shows a Subway..... Will it really be the same Neptune as on Classen? Which by coincidence is what I had for lunch today.

Years ago, talking early 90's, there was a Neptune on Meridian but I don't think it was the same owners as the Classen location (There was also a Neptune on S. Western I ate at in the late 80's but don't know about ownership of it either) that served a crazy good Philly Cheesesteak..... Which as far as I know the one on Classen has never served.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Rendering shows a Subway..... Will it really be the same Neptune as on Classen? Which by coincidence is what I had for lunch today.
    That photo is of the I-240/Sunnylane store; I should have mentioned that.

Years ago, talking early 90's, there was a Neptune on Meridian but I don't think it was the same owners as the Classen location (There was also a Neptune on S. Western I ate at in the late 80's but don't know about ownership of it either) that served a crazy good Philly Cheesesteak..... Which as far as I know the one on Classen has never served.
    Yes, the location was on the west side of Meridian and south of NW 63rd. It was there from at least 1975 or so because I grew up very near.

I don't know if it was the same owners, but I think it was -- or at least someone associated with that group. When I moved back I tried that Neptune's on Classen for nostalgia and it was very similar to what they used to serve on Meridian.

I used to love their hot meatball sub.

Looks like this will be a second location for Mi Faburrito (the first is in another eExpress in Okemah) and the only Einstein Brothers in OKC that is easily accessible by the general public (the other two are on the campus of the University of Oklahoma and within the secure FAA complex near Will Rogers)

7. Default Re: eExpress

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Yes, the location was on the west side of Meridian and south of NW 63rd. It was there from at least 1975 or so because I grew up very near.

I don't know if it was the same owners, but I think it was -- or at least someone associated with that group. When I moved back I tried that Neptune's on Classen for nostalgia and it was very similar to what they used to serve on Meridian.

I used to love their hot meatball sub.
    Hmmm..... I didn't even know about that location... the one I was remembering was on south Meridian... About where the Whataburger is now.

That would make 5 different Neptune locations here around that time... I also think there was one in Moore briefly in the building a lot of people claim was once a White Castle.

Classen, North and South Meridian, South Western, Moore

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Looks like this will be a second location for Mi Faburrito (the first is in another eExpress in Okemah) and the only Einstein Brothers in OKC that is easily accessible by the general public (the other two are on the campus of the University of Oklahoma and within the secure FAA complex near Will Rogers)
    There is an Einstein Bros Bagels on I-240 and Sunnylane...

Actually, there is an Einstein Bagel location in the above-mentioned E Express at I-240 and Sunnylane (?). However, it will be nicer to get Einstein Bagels closer. Target used to carry them fresh, but not anymore. Walmart does carry them in a bag. I am sure someone will disagree with me, but I think they are about the best around.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    There is an Einstein Bros Bagels on I-240 and Sunnylane...
    Interesting, that's good to know. For some reason it doesn't show up on their official website.

The I-240 and Sunnylane location also appears to have a Mi Faburrito as well.

There was a Neptune's on 16th and Rockwell in the strip shopping center. Ate at that one many times while working nearby in the 80s. I always got their roast beef sub warmed up.

Hmmm..... I didn't even know about that location... the one I was remembering was on south Meridian... About where the Whataburger is now.

That would make 5 different Neptune locations here around that time... I also think there was one in Moore briefly in the building a lot of people claim was once a White Castle.

If there was ever a White Castle here in OKC I would of known about it. I am originally from Chicago where there are White Castles all over and have always wanted one here. I've been in OKC since 1960. One of the first places my dad and I would go when we went back to Chicago to visit was White Castle.

13. Default Re: eExpress

Well I had to go to Google on the Neptunes ... and found this....... https://www.oklahoman.com/story/busi...c/60799585007/

There were 17 at one point

14. Default Re: eExpress

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    If there was ever a White Castle here in OKC I would of known about it. I am originally from Chicago where there are White Castles all over and have always wanted one here. I've been in OKC since 1960. One of the first places my dad and I would go when we went back to Chicago to visit was White Castle.
    There never was but there was a mass hallucination that one existed in Moore..... Even White Castle denied that they ever had one there.

While there was a slider joint in the suspected location at one time. It was called Bunches.... I suppose there was a chance they called it White Castle, or something similar, before it was named Bunches and the real White Castle made them change the name.... Big thread on it here somewhere.

I've heard people say there was a Krystal's here at one time that has a slider burger similar to White Castle but I don't remember ever there being any. And yes I'm aware of Crystal's Pizza.

There was also a location on Air Depot in Midwest City. It was on west side of road just north of 15th street. I think it was 1261 S Air Depot where the Subway is, Subway moved in right after Neptune closed. Looks like they have since remodeled or rebuilt the building as it used to look similar to the one on Classen.

QuikTrip is about to build in roughly the same location, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Prunesmoothie View Post
    QuikTrip is about to build in roughly the same location, correct?
    Yes, about a mile to the south.

eExpress has also filed plans to renovate and expand its location at NE 63rd & Kelley.

Looks like they will be adding Einstein Bagels and that Subway will stay.

20. Default Re: eExpress

I wish we could get a gas station on Eastern, north of 27th
    I know one is supposed to be part of that massive reserve land development, but i bet that's 10 years away.

21. Default Re: eExpress

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Are you sure?

QT will be on SW corner of 27th and eExpress will be on the NW corner of 27th.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I thought QT was opening right across the street, where Pickles used to be?

I can't remember what interstate I was on when I stopped a eExpress but it was really nice and I think it 2 food options. Subway and a taco place inside.
    Side note was in a new Jiffy Trip in Enid last month and it was also super nice. I liked eExpress and Jiffy Trip better than Oncue or OT. My opinion only.

It wasn't that long ago many (including me) were bemoaning the lower standard of service stations in and around OKC.

Now, we have a ton of OnCue's, new and remodeled 7-Elevens, Casey's, Casey's conversion of once-crappy Circle K's and then some very good smaller chains like Domino and eExpress. We're even going to finally get some QTs.

Competition is such a good thing.

I never heard of E Express but that E logo reminds me of ummm..the internet logo? I can not really remember but I am surprised the original designer did not sue them for copying them

Thread Information