Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Phillips Murrah (Midtown mixed use)

Default Re: Phillips Murrah (Midtown mixed use)

First Fidelity Bank is taking the space on the west end of the first level of this building.

They have recently installed new landscaping all the way around to the front of Browns Bakery. Trees and all. Looks very nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    They have recently installed new landscaping all the way around to the front of Browns Bakery. Trees and all. Looks very nice!!
    It thrills me when even simple measures like investing in landscaping are done. This city is filled with properties that either look horrible but could be improved so much just by doing something besides maintaining Bermuda grass or buildings that are fairly nice but stand out for their lack of curb appeal, especially if red clay splashed up on it when it rains.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Anyone got pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    It thrills me when even simple measures like investing in landscaping are done. This city is filled with properties that either look horrible but could be improved so much just by doing something besides maintaining Bermuda grass or buildings that are fairly nice but stand out for their lack of curb appeal, especially if red clay splashed up on it when it rains.
    beautifully said, MB. totally agreed.

this is the time of year when you can really tell who gives an F about their real property, because they have successfully overseeded with Perennial Ryegrass or a similar cultivar.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    beautifully said, MB. totally agreed.

this is the time of year when you can really tell who gives an F about their real property, because they have successfully overseeded with Perennial Ryegrass or a similar cultivar.
    I will admit I am not a regular traveler around the region, or our nation, but can you share what cities are clearly better than Oklahoma City?

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I will admit I am not a regular traveler around the region, or our nation, but can you share what cities are clearly better than Oklahoma City?
    In my humble opinion, I wouldn't necessarily say they're superior or inferior to OKC, but I find both Seattle and Salt Lake City to be quite high on the beautification scale.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SouthOKC View Post
    In my humble opinion, I wouldn't necessarily say they're superior or inferior to OKC, but I find both Seattle and Salt Lake City to be quite high on the beautification scale.
    I thought parts of SLC were gorgeous and others left a LOT to be desired. Obviously, the Mormon grounds were incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I traveled to quite a few places, if I ever move away from OKC, I'd love Kansas City, Savannah, or maybe Boston (I prefer smaller cities).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    I traveled to quite a few places, if I ever move away from OKC, I'd love Kansas City, Savannah, or maybe Boston (I prefer smaller cities).
    Ashville, NC, Newport, RI, Nashville, Santa Fe., Annapolis, Md, There are many pretty and nice places to live.

I moved here from KCMO and loved that city. So many things in OKC seem like smaller/more expensive versions of things in KCMO.

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    I moved here from KCMO and loved that city. So many things in OKC seem like smaller/more expensive versions of things in KCMO.
    If I had the money, I'd purchase the whole West Bottoms area and turn that into a cool neighborhood. Many OKC developers/operators look into Dallas and Kansas City for ideas, that's why you're see so similar things here (BARK, Chicken 'N Pickle, Parlor, etc.). KCMO has the most beautiful skyline, IMO, especially looking from the Liberty Memorial Tower or The Scout Statue locations.

If I had the money, I'd purchase the whole West Bottoms area and turn that into a cool neighborhood. Many OKC developers/operators look into Dallas and Kansas City for ideas, that's why you're see so similar things here (BARK, Chicken 'N Pickle, Parlor, etc.). KCMO has the most beautiful skyline, IMO, especially looking from the Liberty Memorial Tower or The Scout Statue locations.
    barK is a chain that started in st louis

chicken N pickle is a chain that is in 8 states

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post

He's saying that people from OKC took certain ideas from places like KCMO and brought them here.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    He's saying that people from OKC took certain ideas from places like KCMO and brought them here.
    they don't have local ownership ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post

Both of those are originated from Kansas City, Bar K in 2018 -> St Louis in 2021, Chicken 'N Pickle in 2015. Pivot was one of the developers of Bar K.

Sources:
    https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...5e02c64d2.html
    https://chickennpickle.com/about/

And it will look so much better in time for the World Cup in 2026! The "Big Cap" over I-670 will transform the Crossroads District. They will get ~4 blocks of park(s) covering the interstate downtown, with concessions, a small forested area, and more, for around $220 million.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5540.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	18453

If they were to keep that black metallic finish, that would be slick.

25. Default Re: Phillips Murrah (Midtown mixed use)

Siding is now going up on the 10th street facade.

Thread Information