Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Access Oklahoma Turnpike Projects

Default Re: Access Oklahoma Turnpike Projects

Quote Originally Posted by W8N2SKI View Post
    I had a random question while driving on the new I-335 today. Isn't it weird that the exits/mile markers are numbered as if the road goes all the way to the state line? I feel like the exits/mile markers are numbered on most bypasses as to the end of that road. The exit numbers basically line up with those of I-35. It's like on I-240, the exits are numbered from 1 to 14.

I am also guessing that since I-240 exit 1 is at the termination at I-44, they will have to renumber exits to extend it to the I-344 interchange. I guess matching the bypass exit numbers to the main route exit numbers eliminates the risk of having to renumber all the exits in the case of future expansions?

Attachment 18700
    It looks like they did similar on 344, basically continuing the exiting numbers from 44/Turner Turnpike, though in that case it basically is the mainline continuing on like it were one turnpike, which for their mantence purposes it practically is. Since 44 was not really build as one road, as 35 and 40 had been, but badging a few ring road segments and multiple turnpikes to look like a planned long route so it has to exit onto itself multiple times in OKC and a couple times in Tulsa. Ironically if 44 had not happened at the time, may have ended up called our whole inner ring 240 decades before trying it with the mostly turnpike ring more recently.

Also it google update maps, so 344 is now showing up north of 40, though does not have either 344 south of 40 or the 240 extension.

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    Google Maps Shows the Kickapoo as Interstate 335 Currently doesn't show the Kilpatrick as I 344 Yet
    I344 Now Shows in Google Maps. the I240 Expansion is yet to show

Construction signs going up at the Wellston exit on the Turner. An Access Oklahoma project or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Mesta Parker View Post
    Construction signs going up at the Wellston exit on the Turner. An Access Oklahoma project or something else?
    A little of both. The OK66 overpass was scheduled to be replaced. When ACCESS OK came along, they were able to accelerate the project and add ramp improvements.

Thread Information