Widgets Magazine

Thread: Billy Sims Burgers

Default Billy Sims Burgers

What happened to Billy Sims Burgers? They are gone now?

They just opened a location in Tulsa. I wonder what the issue was with the MWC Location?

Default Re: Billy Sims Burgers

The Midwest City location is gone from their website; just showing the one in Tulsa.

When someone asked about MWC on their FB page, this was the response:

this was a test store allowing us the opportunity to explore and try out the best service models and menu options for Billy Burger! Next time you're in Tulsa, come visit our new corporate location.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The Midwest City location is gone from their website; just showing the one in Tulsa.

When someone asked about in on their FB page, this was the response:
    i thought it was a pretty good burger ..

4. Default Re: Billy Sims Burgers

The burgers were good, but being lactose intolerant, i could never eat their fries. Mixing the fries and the curds in the same oil was bad news for me.

Drove past today, The building has been repainted again. Any word as to what could be moving in?

I initially liked Billy Sims Burger but the last time I ate there the hamburger was not fried long enough and the patty was pink in the middle with just a bit of blood. I'm immunocompromised and cannot risk the chance of undercooked hamburger.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I initially liked Billy Sims Burger but the last time I ate there the hamburger was not fried long enough and the patty was pink in the middle with just a bit of blood. I'm immunocompromised and cannot risk the chance of undercooked hamburger.
    clearly if you need a fully cooked burger they should give it to you that way ....

but FYI it is not blood ...

8. Default Re: Billy Sims Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    clearly if you need a fully cooked burger they should give it to you that way ....

but FYI it is not blood ...
    I realize this in my head, that it's really just dye, but it doesn't stop me from still thinking the same thing. Or that the bright red meat in the counter isn't more fresh. We've just become so trained by this, that we can't really get past it.

9. Default Re: Billy Sims Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I realize this in my head, that it's really just dye, but it doesn't stop me from still thinking the same thing. Or that the bright red meat in the counter isn't more fresh. We've just become so trained by this, that we can't really get past it.
    It's not red dye... It's water mixed with a protein called myoglobin

10. Default Re: Billy Sims Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    It's not red dye... It's water mixed with a protein called myoglobin
    ok, but same result. Just cause it's pink, doesn't mean its not cooked.

11. Default Re: Billy Sims Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    ok, but same result. Just cause it's pink, doesn't mean its not cooked.
    True... smoked chicken is more often than not pink from a chemical reaction with the wood used to smoke it.

But my response was to the "blood" that comes from a steak. It's a chemical reaction to H2O and the protein found in meat called Myoglobin..... The redder the meat the greater the myoglobin content.

It's been equated to a steak being undercooked but it's really a clue to how juicy the steak is.

Surf Bar will be giving this location a whirl. I don’t see it lasting long. Johnies has a loyal following and plenty of foot traffic that should have made this place successful. The problem with this location is its horrible access and parking issues. If you are not paying attention you will pass it up. Traffic congestion at peak times can make it hard to get in and out of. Honestly I think the only business that will work here would be either a doctors office or salon/barber shop.
    https://www.centraloklahomaweeklies....-midwest-city/

That sucks they made us the test store because I LOVED them! It took a while to cook but I didn’t mind waiting since the burger and fries were delicious. My favorite kind of fries are battered and that’s what they had.

My wife and kids dig Surf Bar. They will be happy about this development.
    I always found it a little odd that there was a lack of healthy eating options just outside of a military base. It cant all be steak and burgers folks.

Thread Information