Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsa King

Default Re: Tulsa King

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I haven't seen this announced, but heard that they will be filming Season 2 in Kansas City. I know that this was the working title of the series and their originally planned location, but haven't seen this verified anywhere.
    Saw on social media (not reliable, I know) that the showrunners didn't like filming here. Hope that's not true because it'd be a big bummer to land this only to lose it once it takes off. Hope I'm wrong, I usually am!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Saw on social media (not reliable, I know) that the showrunners didn't like filming here. Hope that's not true because it'd be a big bummer to land this only to lose it once it takes off. Hope I'm wrong, I usually am!
    Well we know how much Stallone enjoyed our weather.... https://thenationaldesk.com/news/fro...redi-instagram

Quote Originally Posted by AnguisHerba View Post
    The whole storyline towards the end with his daughter, including that final scene, is nearly a complete copy of a season six storyline from The Sopranos. Terence Winter as a showrunner without David Chase certainly leaves a lot to be desired, in my humble opinion.
    Tulsa King isn't even in the same universe let alone ballpark of the Sopranos.

Many regard the Sopranos as the best series of all time so nobody expected that level of quality, but the gap is bigger than I had hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    While that's certainly possible - for whatever it's worth, in an interview with the Tulsa World last month, showrunner Terence Winter said, "Oklahoma was challenging and wonderful at the same time." (https://tulsaworld.com/entertainment...9814e7353.html) Of course, maybe they were just being nice, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    While that's certainly possible - for whatever it's worth, in an interview with the Tulsa World last month, showrunner Terence Winter said, "Oklahoma was challenging and wonderful at the same time." (https://tulsaworld.com/entertainment...9814e7353.html) Of course, maybe they were just being nice, but still.
    It was originally supposed to be set in and filmed in KC, but Kansas couldn't get anywhere close to the incentives Oklahoma offered for filming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    It was originally supposed to be set in and filmed in KC, but Kansas couldn't get anywhere close to the incentives Oklahoma offered for filming.
    [LINK][/LINK]
    Not to mention it wouldn’t make any sense. Kansas City has a very significant mafia presence
    In fact most of the organized crime in Las Vegas was organized and run out of KCMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    [LINK][/LINK]
    Not to mention it wouldn’t make any sense. Kansas City has a very significant mafia presence
    In fact most of the organized crime in Las Vegas was organized and run out of KCMO
    Not sure that's the point, though. Tulsa King was mostly filmed in OKC. It could easily just be filmed in KCMO. The series is still "set" in Tulsa either way.

Quote Originally Posted by AnguisHerba View Post
    Not sure that's the point, though. Tulsa King was mostly filmed in OKC. It could easily just be filmed in KCMO. The series is still "set" in Tulsa either way.
    In context, he was referring to when the show was originally conceived as "Kansas City King" and taking place that in that city rather than Tulsa.

Can anyone share where they are seeing the items about the show moving to KC?

I wonder why CBS news would run a story that gave a full minute to OKC filming of Tulsa King and Prairie Surf Studios this week? They coulda left out the Tulsa King stuff and still run the segment.

I'm also wondering why they would move? Only thing I can make sense of is financial incentives. But I read that Kansas was the filming state previously and couldn't get close to the Oklahoma package.

^

The move to KC is all speculation. Nothing official.

Could both be true? Perhaps Season 2 includes a side plot of a trip to Kansas City to take care of "business".

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Could both be true? Perhaps Season 2 includes a side plot of a trip to Kansas City to take care of "business".
    I feel like this is the most logical possibility. Rumors often seem to mimic a balance scale. Start out with something heavy that disrupts what is understood, then teeters back and forth with conjecture that deals with a mixture of established knowledge and assumptions before reality is finally balanced out somewhere between it all.

I'm sure it didn't help that they did the majority of filming during the summer which was in the top 20 hottest summers for the state on record.

OKC had 22 days over 100F. The average is 10.

OKC had 92 days over 90F. The average is 69.

^

And you can see by watching the show, a ton of the filming was done outside.

This is not meant to be a smart aleck statement. It gets hot in the summer. OKC, Kansas City, Dallas, etc. Anyplace in the central US gets hot.

This is not meant to be a smart aleck statement. It gets hot in the summer. OKC, Kansas City, Dallas, etc. Anyplace in the central US gets hot.
    There's a difference between "regular" hot and "one of the 20 hottest on record" hot.

I mean "hot" is relative to the person and location. Humidity has massive factor in any human's perception of heat. But as for the air temperature data:

Kansas City isn't even in the same solar system as OKC or Dallas. Kansas City has had 5 days of 100 degrees or warmer in the last decade. And 3 of them were summer 2022.

Dallas, was indeed much hotter than OKC this year. They had a top 4 hottest summer.

I'm guessing the average high temperature difference between OKC and KC in July and August is 5 degrees or less? OKC and Dallas is closer to 3?

It is not common for KC to be 77 degrees, OKC to be 102 and Dallas to be 107.

I'm guessing the average high temperature difference between OKC and KC in July and August is 5 degrees or less? OKC and Dallas is closer to 3?

It is not common for KC to be 77 degrees, OKC to be 102 and Dallas to be 107.
    NOAA says KC's average high in July is 89, August is 88; OKC is 94 and 93; Dallas is 96 and 96.

21. Default Re: Tulsa King

Does anyone know where the horse ranch is that was used in ep. 3?

Today's episode is pretty exciting. Things continue to ramp up.

Dust Bowl featured permission in a scene.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Does anyone know where the horse ranch is that was used in ep. 3?
    Someone said it is this ranch in Jones:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/E+...!4d-97.2737502

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Someone said it is this ranch in Jones:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/E+...!4d-97.2737502
    The fencing and grounds look a lot like Aspen Ranch north of Edmond.

Missy's Donuts in Sunday's episode, the location on Wentz. If you've never been up to Guthrie for this, you're missing out.

Thread Information