Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsa King

Default Re: Tulsa King

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    someone reported earlier that they have a plan for 6 seasons .. that would be great for the city and for our film industry
    That seems pretty iffy for a lead actor of that certain age. But Paramount keeps renewing Pickard, so..

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    That seems pretty iffy for a lead actor of that certain age. But Paramount keeps renewing Pickard, so..
    Maybe they will introduce a protege in the show to take over if he gets "clipped."

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Maybe they will introduce a protege in the show to take over if he gets "clipped."
    We already have the Tyson character specifically asking to grow in the business. Obviously no idea how the rest of season 1 plays out or what the plan is for season 2 and beyond, but as it is right now it seems like they have a character who could potentially fill that role.

Bit of a morbid topic though. Hopefully if they have a plan for 6 seasons they get to play out that narrative naturally.

Big scene at the state fair was in today's episode. I was there, but couldn't pick myself out from the screen. Did see my car parked and blurry in the background during one of the scenes outside the stand in Mayo entrance.

They stopped airing it on Paramount Network a week later after they did that with the first two episodes. <sigh>

Nothing for me to see tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    They stopped airing it on Paramount Network a week later after they did that with the first two episodes. <sigh>

Nothing for me to see tonight.
    I read they only aired the first two episodes on the Paramount Channel but from here on in they'll only be on Paramount +.

I think the show may be getting better as it starts hitting its stride. I think Episode 4 was the best, yet. I also looked up the house on Zillow in The Village where Armand lives and found it interesting they used both the exterior and interior of that house. I guess I'm used to shows shooting exteriors and then doing the interiors on a soundstage or something.

^

I agree, I found the 4th episode the best thus far. The plotline with Tyson and his dad is pretty interesting. I would also say the acting is pretty good across the board. Starting to get much more violent.

Regarding filming in the Village, a location scout reached out to my neighbor two doors down because they thought the house was unoccupied and they wanted to film there. It didn't work out but it was clear they wanted to work both inside and out.

The scene where the woman met her internet date at a bar was filmed downstairs at Nic's in Midtown. Obviously, the fairgrounds were featured prominently. I'll do some screen grabs and post them later.

I'm seeing on social media that this was renewed for season two last week.

One aspect I appreciate as the series moves on is it seems to be moving away from the "old guy just out of prison doesn't know how the world works" jokes. The bigger focus on the impact being in prison had on him personally rather than culturally is much more compelling. The scene with his brother (even though I don't think we knew he had a brother until now) was very impactful, as an example.

^

That was Annabella Sciorra playing Dwight's sister.

I've always loved her and she had a great turn as Tony's crazy girlfriend on The Sopranos.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    They filmed Season 2 and 3 of Picard together because they were worried about this. Season 3 is probably the last for 'Picard', but other cast members may be interested in continuing. Maybe there will be a spinoff called 'Riker' , 'Sisko' or 'Janeway'

Paramount + and Taylor Sheridan have been a lifeline for a bunch of aging actors: Sly, Kevin Costner, Dana Delaney and now Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren.

It's smart to leverage those huge names that really don't have much left in terms of movie careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

That was Annabella Sciorra playing Dwight's sister.

I've always loved her and she had a great turn as Tony's crazy girlfriend on The Sopranos.
    I didn't recognize her!

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I didn't recognize her!
    She's gained weight.

I hope she plays a bigger part going forward.

She's gained weight.

Unintentional, I'm sure, but ouch, lol....

She's gained weight.

I would assume they don't cast her unless she'll play a bigger part. The only name that came to me when I saw here was Talia Shire, but I honestly didn't get a good enough look at her to recognize her in either case. I think I'm so used to seeing Talia Shire with Sly, my brain went there.

Screen grabs from Episode 4.

First is from downstairs at Nic's in Midtown. Next two are at the fairgrounds.

This scene was at the gym in the 21c:

Didn't care for the racist and corrupt cop scenes in Episode 5. Plays into the redneck stereotype of Oklahoma. As does a good chunk of the show, unfortunately.

Beyond that, I think Ep 5 was a step back in terms of storyline. Also things are getting pretty violent.

Some screen grabs... First is an actual place in Luther. 2nd is NW 16th & Youngs; 3rd is the empty parcel at NW 4th & EK Gaylord.

I thought the same at first, but then it also fits the narrative of their story. If it had been any other state, I wouldn't have blinked.

I did find it interesting they had OHP uniforms instead of police, especially doing a traffic stop, but I don't claim to know anything about jurisdictions, ticketing practices, etc.

There are enough stories of police corruption and racism in other shows and movies (and reality!) that I don't think it's inclusion here says anything or was meant to say anything about Oklahoma specifically.

I did find it interesting they had OHP uniforms instead of police, especially doing a traffic stop, but I don't claim to know anything about jurisdictions, ticketing practices, etc.
    I also don't know anything about that, but regarding the show I thought the implication was the officers were under the payroll of the biker gang. So any discrepancy with jurisdiction, etc may have been intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    There are enough stories of police corruption and racism in other shows and movies (and reality!) that I don't think it's inclusion here says anything or was meant to say anything about Oklahoma specifically.

I also don't know anything about that, but regarding the show I thought the implication was the officers were under the payroll of the biker gang. So any discrepancy with jurisdiction, etc may have been intentional.
    Very good point.

The whole storyline towards the end with his daughter, including that final scene, is nearly a complete copy of a season six storyline from The Sopranos. Terence Winter as a showrunner without David Chase certainly leaves a lot to be desired, in my humble opinion.

25. Default Re: Tulsa King

I haven't seen this announced, but heard that they will be filming Season 2 in Kansas City. I know that this was the working title of the series and their originally planned location, but haven't seen this verified anywhere.

Thread Information