Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Standard

Default Re: The Standard

Tried The Standard again and in my opinion it is not up to the level of Social Capitol and the Patriarch. The building itself is pretty nice (but quite a bit louder than SC) and the location should make it a huge hit in Norman especially on an Art Walk evening. However the food service leaves much to be desired still. It was a little busy but not anything extraordinary and the person taking orders said it was an hour wait for anything. IIRC the food operator at each location is a stand alone entity so that may be the issue when compared to Social Capitol. I hope it gets better and will probably try again in a couple months. Hopefully Community Through Beer can bring this one up to the level of its other places.

So you’re saying it’s pretty *standard*?

3. Default Re: The Standard

Looks like the original group has sold to a local owner now: https://www.normantranscript.com/new...0ca841380.html

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Looks like the original group has sold to a local owner now: https://www.normantranscript.com/new...0ca841380.html
    Cameron Brewer, the new owner, was one of the minority owners when The Standard opened.

The main ownership had been Community Through Beer (The Joinery, Patriarch, Social Capital) and they must have sold their interest to Cameron. He's really involved in Norman and a great guy.

5. Default Re: The Standard

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Cameron Brewer, the new owner, was one of the minority owners when The Standard opened.

The main ownership had been Community Through Beer (The Joinery, Patriarch, Social Capital) and they must have sold their interest to Cameron. He's really involved in Norman and a great guy.
    Good news! I have enjoyed the Standard every time I go. I bring friends all the time and they enjoy the selection.

I've been a few times, including on beautiful days, and I'm always surprised it's not more packed. I live in Denton and we have three large beer gardens. I believe Oak Street Draft House was the inspiration for at least the Patriarch (the others are East Side and Harvest House). They are all absolutely packed on a nice day. East Side is probably closer to the size of Fassler Hall with all their outdoor seating. Anyway, I hope this place succeeds. It seems like a good concept.

Thread Information