Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Citizen

1. Default Re: The Citizen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 9-14-23 at 12.45 PM.JPG 
Views:	303 
Size:	713.7 KB 
ID:	18257

It's funny how I use the live cam to check the progress of Convergence and very distantly, Okana. 3-in-one!

Default Re: The Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    The Citizen's website changed the opening date from 2025 to July 2024. I have loved seeing this move so quickly! Makes sense for it to open this soon because they're about to top out in a few weeks.
    There is going to be a private club on floors 2-4 with some hotel rooms and shared workspace. A formal announcement should be coming soon.

The rest of the building is almost pre-leased although they are still looking for a ground-floor restaurant and retail tenant.

3. Default Re: The Citizen

Sweet! Thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There is going to be a private club on floors 2-4 with some hotel rooms and shared workspace. A formal announcement should be coming soon.

The rest of the building is almost pre-leased although they are still looking for a ground-floor restaurant and retail tenant.
    i knew it was going to have private rooms for events/meetings but It wasn't my impression that they would have hotel rooms for overnight stays

It's interesting to see this is basically completely pre-leased. Yet the BOK Plaza building is so empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    It's interesting to see this is basically completely pre-leased. Yet the BOK Plaza building is so empty.
    BOK plaza building is a very different situation .. it was not really built to be fully leasable space ..

7. Default Re: The Citizen

I was at a luncheon yesterday and Bond Payne, the developer of this building, was the speaker. It was a very interesting presentation. They received around $2MM in TIF from the city, if I recall correctly, and the total project cost is anticipated to be around $65MM. I'm looking forward to this project being completed and it's a great addition to Oklahoma City.

But where will people park?

Sorry. I had to. Forgive me.

From their webcam...

11 stories with one more to go:

Wow!

This is an underrated project!

I’m loving all the infill projects going on. Hope to see more 8-12 story infill like this take place!

The finished architecture of this building should be pretty cool and generally a cut above any recent office building of this size.

It will also have fantastic views over the Memorial but also set a bit back from the skyline which will provide a great vantage point. Combined with the great renovation of the old Journal Record building (same owners), this is one of the truly outstanding projects in the core.

Midrise towers and residential buildings are going to completely transform the CBD and midtown. I know we are seeing several closures of restaurants right now in midtown. I believe we are going to start to see some new concepts start to open, and the old guard that have made it through this period are going to become the pillars of the district more than they already are.

15. Default Re: The Citizen

That's my hope as well, especially for this area! I'd especially love to see 1-2 mid/high rises fill in that big surface lot (Lot 311) on Broadway between 4th and 5th. If that was developed along with Alley's End on the other corner, then that intersection would have glorious density. Have any projects been discussed for that space?

Blog Entries

Midtown Re: The Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    Midrise towers and residential buildings are going to completely transform the CBD and midtown. I know we are seeing several closures of restaurants right now in midtown. I believe we are going to start to see some new concepts start to open, and the old guard that have made it through this period are going to become the pillars of the district more than they already are.
    Aree 100%

The Citizen and the PM going on in Midtown continue to reinforce the construction projects throughout the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    That's my hope as well, especially for this area! I'd especially love to see 1-2 mid/high rises fill in that big surface lot (Lot 311) on Broadway between 4th and 5th. If that was developed along with Alley's End on the other corner, then that intersection would have glorious density. Have any projects been discussed for that space?
    I think that lot was used for Kerr McGee employees back in the day. I haven't seen any for sale signs on it and it looks like they are using part of it to stage construction equipment for The Citizen project. The lot is in rough shape and not visually appealing in the least bit. I don't think there are any active plans to develop the lot, unfortunately.

The finished architecture of this building should be pretty cool and generally a cut above any recent office building of this size.
    It actually has decent prominence from the southwest, particularly from the Exchange Street bridge. I think you're right that the finish will make it stand out, especially since the most of the buildings surrounding it from that vantage point are pretty dull.

Today they filed the BP applications for the club.

2nd floor: hotel (18 rooms)
    3rd floor: executive workspace
    4th floor: private club

very cool

i didn't think interior hotel rooms were legal??

21. Default Re: The Citizen

will this be the new location of the Beacon Club?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    will this be the new location of the Beacon Club?
    I don't think they are planning to use that name.

The private club will be operated by the same group that owns Park House in Dallas:

https://www.parkhousedallas.com/

Interesting, is the Petroleum Club still operating or will this be the only members-only club downtown?

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Interesting, is the Petroleum Club still operating or will this be the only members-only club downtown?
    Still going strong.

Thread Information