Widgets Magazine

Thread: OKC Logistics Park - SW 29th and Council

Far West OKC Logistics Park - SW 29th and Council

There's black barrier fencing along 29th street going east from the fire station and a lot of construction equipment on the former Dayton Tire plant grounds digging up the old concrete as well as the larger ground scrapers. I think I also saw a Crossland Construction truck. Is there something finally happening on this large plot of land now owned by the industrial park on 29th?

Default Re: SW 29th and Council

A big development company out of Kansas bought that old facility from the Producers Coop group which had originally planned to relocate there from downtown.

I've been meaning to post this...

What you see is the start of two large speculative industrial buildings on the west side of the property closest to Council; they claim these are the largest spec industrial buildings in the state. The middle building was retained and is leased by Walmart.

Phase II would be two more large speculative warehouse structures to the east of the Walmart site.

All the surveys indicate that OKC is greatly lacking in warehouse space.

Will be called OKC Logistics Park:

Default Re: OKC Logistics Park - SW 29th and Council

Cool deal! A million square feet of spec space in the first two buildings is nothing to sneeze at. It looks like they're getting ready to move some of the power poles along 29th Street just east of here. They've cleared out land along the creek bed for that. My guess is that's part of the widening of 29th Street between MacArthur and Rockwell. I've been wondering why they don't just continue all the way to Council.

I was surprised that Council Road got work done on it recently but that it wasn’t to make it like the Morgan Road overpass that seems better for semi trucks. Hobby Lobby is growing, Steel Alliance and Amazon are growing, and now these buildings are coming in to use Council Road as their primary drive, yet the I-44 connections remain bad on Council Road.

Sam's Club has leased almost 300,000 SF in the eastern half of the north building for a regional distribution center (space shown as 'leased' below):

I am glad to see this! Shows that building spec in OKC can work!

7. Default Re: OKC Logistics Park - SW 29th and Council

Well it only took them what 20 years to figure out what to finally do with the place. Little by little, they have been dozing each building. I guess we'll see if anyone needs 400k of warehouse....that's pretty dang big.

Thread Information