Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jack Be Grocery

Default Re: Jack Be Grocery

^

We're just giving you a hard time.

As they say, sitting is the new smoking.

2. Default Re: Jack Be Grocery

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    LOL...i knew i would get a lot of flack over this....you guys know what i mean. Times change, you can choose to change with them or not. I stand by my comments. BTW..i don't like drives thru either...do not use them at the pharmacy, definitely not at the dry cleaners...wow...and i never have pizza delivered. I have an opinion like everybody else. You have to agree that people are getting lazy...been getting lazy for hundreds of years. Choices are good, you can choose to stay in your car, or get out and get some good excercise.
    How do you feel about mail? Do you go to the post office every day or are you to "lazy" for that?

LOL...i knew i would get a lot of flack over this....you guys know what i mean. Times change, you can choose to change with them or not. I stand by my comments. BTW..i don't like drives thru either...do not use them at the pharmacy, definitely not at the dry cleaners...wow...and i never have pizza delivered. I have an opinion like everybody else. You have to agree that people are getting lazy...been getting lazy for hundreds of years. Choices are good, you can choose to stay in your car, or get out and get some good excercise.
    Actually, I mostly agree with you on the drive-thru opinion - we never use them unless we absolutely have to, and only at restaurants/coffee shops, never anyplace else. But having said that, there are *tons* of people that have to use them or delivery, as baralheia said.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    How do you feel about mail? Do you go to the post office every day or are you to "lazy" for that?
    I walk to my mail box

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

We're just giving you a hard time.

As they say, sitting is the new smoking.
    True Pete, I am of the older generation (not yet 60) just trying to stay active. i know things change of course. Nothing wrong with drive thrus and pizza deliveries and such of course. I am not saying we need to walk down to the river to fetch our water....it is just a pet peeve of mine.

6. Default Re: Jack Be Grocery

And there are those of us that have things delivered for self preservation. I go grocery shopping and for most other things. But cat litter, cases of bottled water, many things that weigh over 25 or 30 pounds or so get delivered to the porch where I can slide them onto a 2 wheeler and roll them into the house. Lugging them in and out of carts and my car could be the thing that changes my life as I know it.

7. Default Re: Jack Be Grocery

I walk to my mail box
    So you do use delivery! You blasphemer!

I noticed on Jack Be's page, they describe themselves as a "faith based grocery company"?

Can someone explain what that means?

Will they not do grocery pickup on Sunday's? No Beer Wine Sales?

Maybe that means they will be closed on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    I noticed on Jack Be's page, they describe themselves as a "faith based grocery company"?
    Where are you seeing that comment? I see a statement about them being "app based" but can't find the faith based statement.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy_patrick View Post
    Where are you seeing that comment? I see a statement about them being "app based" but can't find the faith based statement.
    I don’t see the statement on the updated website anymore but I did see it previously as well. This could mean a lot of things. Could just be in things they support with donations to things they encourage employee volunteering for as company to how they structure and conduct business. Many things this could mean with a vague statement like that to be honest.

Press release:

JackBe Secures $3.75 Million SEED Investment to Reimagine Online Grocery Shopping

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – JackBe, an on-demand, pick-up-only grocery service reimagining how individuals experience grocery shopping, secured $3.75 million in SEED funding for its revolutionary retail grocery concept. The investment is led by Oklahoma-based RCC Ventures with participation from Purpose Equity.

This SEED round is a key investment that supports the opening of the first JackBe grocery store location at 18001 N. May Ave. in Edmond, scheduled to open in early 2023. JackBe

JackBe is completely redesigning the way grocery shopping fits into life.

Though many “online” options exist in the market today, JackBe seeks to solve the problems nearly everyone has experienced–long pick-up times, too many substitutions and poorly selected produce. With JackBe, customers can simply place an order anytime, anywhere, on their easy-to-use mobile app, drive to the nearest location and have fresh, handpicked groceries delivered to their car in minutes.

Alex Ruhter, CEO at JackBe, says the support from investors in closing this round of SEED investment is an important step in the continued growth of JackBe in the key Oklahoma City market. JackBe is currently raising an additional $3.5 million in pre-Series A funding to build two more stores in the Oklahoma City area in early 2023.

“I am thankful for the support of our investors because the concept behind JackBe is a game-changer. Our team has spent years focusing on bringing innovation to every aspect of grocery shopping—all with the purpose of making this common chore nearly fun. JackBe puts the customer first and allows families to spend more time together around the dinner table instead of spending hours shopping at the grocery store,” says Ruhter.

Early investor Chad Merrill says, “I am thrilled to be an early investor in JackBe. JackBe’s innovation and disruption in the grocery industry improves the daily life of its customers. From the concept to the first-rate management team, JackBe was a company I wanted to be a part of from the start.”

With customers and the community at the forefront, JackBe focuses on contributing to and supporting the local community, from partnerships with local suppliers to collaborations with non-profit staffing organizations.

Ultimately JackBe is about people, says Nathan Bocock, managing director at Purpose Equity.

“While grocery is the business, it’s really just a means to care for the community, families and employees. The world has enough inwardly-focused business. JackBe is the opposite and I like that. I want my investments to have the greatest impact possible. JackBe accomplishes this in a real, tangible way as they serve both their employees and their customers,” says Bocock.

Ruhter agreed wholeheartedly, which is why he’s leading a team of innovation reimaging what grocery shopping can become.

“With so many competing priorities in our everyday lives, it’s not difficult to convince others that on-demand access to groceries is the ultimate dream,” he says “We’re ready to make this dream a reality. Now, it’s our opportunity to show the Oklahoma City area this dream of convenience, on-demand grocery shopping can come true,” he says.

###

About JackBe
    Founded in 2020, JackBe has a simple mission—to make grocery shopping ‘nearly’ fun. JackBe is an on-demand grocery service reimagining how individuals experience grocery shopping. The innovative, personalized mobile app saves shoppers time and energy by allowing them to place grocery orders and pick them up in minutes. For more information, please visit www.jackbegrocery.com.

Also, this is from their website:

Glad they've buried their prototype in exurbia.

What kind of service fees are they planning to charge?

It's great to see the optimism in the press release but I'm not sure what the value proposition .... ok blah blah... I wish them luck with the concept.

I'll shut up and observe from a distance.

That “exurbia” is one of the fastest growing areas in the metro area and is really underserved in terms of grocery stores. Perfect area to prototype this, especially with all the young families who may not want to take an hour to grocery shop.

If you really study that map, there is no way those dots in outermost Deer Creek and five miles east of I-35 represent actual future locations. I think they just randomly put dots on the map. The other four seem plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    If you really study that map, there is no way those dots in outermost Deer Creek and five miles east of I-35 represent actual future locations. I think they just randomly put dots on the map. The other four seem plausible.
    Move every single dot down about 5 miles and then everything makes more sense.
    Then it would’ve mwc, norman, Yukon/mustang, south okc, central okc, quail and nw okc

But I agree the dots are probably just random on a graphic made to show they want to expand somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    That “exurbia” is one of the fastest growing areas in the metro area and is really underserved in terms of grocery stores. Perfect area to prototype this, especially with all the young families who may not want to take an hour to grocery shop.
    Yeah, we've lived a stone's throw away from the first Jackbe location for over 13 years and the entire area is a wasteland as far as grocery, restaurant and general retail business goes. We would much rather have had a regular grocery store on that corner, but we are glad the general area is FINALLY starting to develop. I might even leave early enough on one or two days of the week to take advantage of the Starbucks going in next to Jackbe.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    Yeah, we've lived a stone's throw away from the first Jackbe location for over 13 years and the entire area is a wasteland as far as grocery, restaurant and general retail business goes. We would much rather have had a regular grocery store on that corner, but we are glad the general area is FINALLY starting to develop. I might even leave early enough on one or two days of the week to take advantage of the Starbucks going in next to Jackbe.
    Corwin1968 is right....this is one of the highest concentrations of population and higher income in Oklahoma City that is vastly underserved. When your options are either going south to Penn/Memorial or east to Edmond's intelligent untimed stoplights, randomly closed train crossings, and lack of any turn lanes, any new retail and dining this far west and north will be welcomed with open arms. The NIMBY's basically gave up when apartments encroached Valencia.

We need some other options then Walmart, Walmart, Walmart. I went into Walmart for the first time in like about 6 to 9 months. The items I went into Walmart to get were all out of stock. Wasted trip. Last few times I've been in Walmart it was the same thing. I gave up going there. Now with this option, sounds like it would be great if a person needed some basic items and did not want to go to walmart and spend 30 min or more and find out the items is out of stock. Easy go and pick it up and be done. Maybe not for everyone but still nice to have this option. I live east of I 35 but if a trip takes me that way and I need a few items, not a bad option.

I agree that that area is sort of a food desert. I wish we could get more options on full service grocery stores, not another Walmart, Crest or Target.

Reminder that Homeland is coming to NW 164th & May.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Reminder that Homeland is coming to NW 164th & May.
    I worked for Homeland from 1988 to 1995 and my perception of the company is colored by that experience (I felt it was a dying company before they even changed the name to Homeland) and my observations of Homelands closing all over the place. I've read more optimistic views here on OKCTalk and a few weeks ago, we spent the weekend at Lake Murray and ventured into Ardmore and ended up at Homeland buying food for a cookout. We pretty much stayed on the perimeter of the store but the craft sodas, delicious steak and even more delicious cold deli side dishes we bought have us excited to have a brand new Homeland a mile away. We'll probably still drive over to Crest for our big shopping trips but will probably now go to Homeland for smaller purchases. We won't miss the Neighborhood Market at NW 164th & Western that has been serving in that role. That WM pharmacy has been out of medications so frequently lately that we might sever that tie as well. We have to have so many transferred to the CVS at NW 178th, we might as well start doing business there.

Also, ground work is really getting going at NW 164th & May.

24. Default Re: Jack Be Grocery

I walk to my mail box
    I dd not put a bottom in my mail box. It just falls directly into a trash can.

They are planning another location on the SW corner of SW 29th & Mustang Road:

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...34#post1201734

Thread Information