Widgets Magazine

Thread: Breakfast burrito?

Default Breakfast burrito?

Any good places for a great breakfast burrito in OKC? Not interested in sit down, counter grab and go is my style. TIA

Default Re: Breakfast burrito?

i haven't had one in a while since i don't work near downtown anymore... but the boxcar burrito from kamp's is my favorite.

It's been a long time, but the burrito trucks on the South side had some tasty breakfast burritos and they always seem busy when I drive by in the morning.

4. Default Re: Breakfast burrito?

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    It's been a long time, but the burrito trucks on the South side had some tasty breakfast burritos and they always seem busy when I drive by in the morning.
    If you're talking about the yellow trucks that there always a couple of on S Meridian you're spot on. They have some tasty burritos.

Lets start with where are you at and where do you wind up in the morning?

Rudy's aren't bad...

The Golden Burrito has trucks all over but have two physical locations on the NW side core.

Big Truck's breakfast steak burrito is my favorite item on their menu.

For a chain, Rudy's brisket, egg and cheese are high up on my list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    If you're talking about the yellow trucks that there always a couple of on S Meridian you're spot on. They have some tasty burritos.
    I'm sure one is the yellow burrito truck (Golden Burrito?) but they have a competitor who often sets up across the street. The yellow trucks were the ones I tried, way back when.

Tacos San Pedro and Golden Burrito has always been our go to spots.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I'm sure one is the yellow burrito truck (Golden Burrito?) but they have a competitor who often sets up across the street. The yellow trucks were the ones I tried, way back when.
    Golden Burrito operates a fleet of lunch trucks, as does Burritos El Tin-Tan. When I was still at my last job doing warehouse work, Burritos El Tin-Tan was my go-to, as they figured out our schedule and almost always had a truck there during the first break. I loved their stuff, especially the shredded brisket burrito with egg, jalapenos, tomato, and onion, and their egg with beans and jalapeno burrito, but honestly it was all tasty stuff. In addition to the trucks, they have two brick and mortar locations - SE 29th and I-35, and SW 43rd and S Penn. Definitely worth checking out. And be careful, when they say some of their burritos are spicy, they aren't kidding! But oh they're so good!

Surprisingly, Rudy's has pretty good breakfast burritos. Probably the best thing they have.

Crest Foods. At least, the one near me at Hefner & Rockwell. Just got one there yesterday. It's really good and only $2.69 (IIRC the price) and it's bigger than average, not dinky. In fact, their other breakfast stuff is pretty good too.

At the Deli counter, from 6AM until about 9AM or so, but go early, they run out. No inside dining, it's to go.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Surprisingly, Rudy's has pretty good breakfast burritos. Probably the best thing they have.
    Yes! The brisket breakfast burritos are so good

Thread Information