Widgets Magazine

Thread: Hawaiian Bros. Island Grill

Default Hawaiian Bros. Island Grill

Saw a new fast-food restaurant on Garth Brooks under construction - Hawaiian Bros. Island Grill. Apparently a chain - they have locations in the Dallas area. It looks pretty good, if not basic (two scoops of rice, meat and Mac/cheese. Anybody ever tried this place? They are opening February 1st.

2. Default Re: Hawaiin Bros. Island Grill

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    Saw a new fast-food restaurant on Garth Brooks under construction - Hawaiian Bros. Island Grill. Apparently a chain - they have locations in the Dallas area. It looks pretty good, if not basic (two scoops of rice, meat and Mac/cheese. Anybody ever tried this place? They are opening February 1st.
    You sure it's mac/cheese.... The typical Hawaiian side dish is macaroni salad.

Default Re: Hawaiin Bros. Island Grill

2 Hawaiian places in Yukon? Crazy.

Hawaiian Bros doing soft opening yesterday and today. Grand opening tomorrow.

The drive thru line was as long as I could see last night lol. No way I would wait in line that long. Interesting that Mo Betta's starting building way before Hawaiian Bros but hasn't opened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    Hawaiian Bros doing soft opening yesterday and today. Grand opening tomorrow.
    Is it 1/31 or 2/1?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Is it 1/31 or 2/1?
    2/1 I believe. Sorry!!

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    2/1 I believe. Sorry!!
    Was introduced to Hawaiian Bros. about a year and ahalf ago in KC. My kids and I really enjoy it. Stop for it whenever we can in KC and more recently Dallas/Ft. Worth. Saw it opened and happened to be out that way over the weekend. It was absolutely packed in the drive thru and a line waiting to get in. Mobile order was ready in about 5 minutes though. Not out that way often, but if I am will make it a stop, if nothing else for a Dole whip.

Hopefully this will bode well for them to expand in the metro. At least in the DFW area they have been pretty quick to add restaurants in the last year.

Ate there a couple weeks ago. Very good. Nice addition to Yukon. Anything on Garth Brooks that isn't fried chicken is a welcomed site.

I am not a fan of dark meat and chicken thighs are all they have so I tried the pulled pork and it was average at best. Those are the only 2 meat options they offer. Mo Bettas will have steak and shrimp as well as chicken and pork so a better variety. Not sure when they are going to open however.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    I am not a fan of dark meat and chicken thighs are all they have so I tried the pulled pork and it was average at best. Those are the only 2 meat options they offer. Mo Bettas will have steak and shrimp as well as chicken and pork so a better variety. Not sure when they are going to open however.
    Got pushed back to 3/11. Hoping for bettah experience after I gave this place a go during the snow day.

I tried Hawaiian Bros. last week and it was okay. The chicken wasn't breast meat as others have mentioned; chunks slathered in a lot of sauce. Mac salad was almost flavorless. It was at 3 PM during the week and there were 10+ cars in the drive-thru, so I just went inside and placed my order at a kiosk and received it very quickly.

I was expecting something like L&L which I loved in California: grilled, flavorful chicken breast that is sliced on top of rice with light sauce on the side. From photos, Mo' Bettahs looks closer to L&L.

Thread Information