Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

That's great to see AA and Delta to LGA. Looks like they leave around the same time early in the morning and both return late at night.

Great news. Wife bought me Billy Joel Madison Square Garden tickets for August so will book this. Will be nice not to have to go through ATL

3. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

C'mon BOS!

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    C'mon BOS!
    And LAX!

5. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Delta paying the city back for getting the new gates.

Your move United....

Has anyone flown on Breeze? I am considering taking it to Tampa for a vacation, but I’ve also heard some bad stories about cancellations. I wouldn’t want to lose half of our trip (or pay last minute fare on another airline to fly the family there). It may be worth a little more money and a connection to fly another carrier with a more robust schedule.

7. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
    Has anyone flown on Breeze? I am considering taking it to Tampa for a vacation, but I’ve also heard some bad stories about cancellations. I wouldn’t want to lose half of our trip (or pay last minute fare on another airline to fly the family there). It may be worth a little more money and a connection to fly another carrier with a more robust schedule.
    I have once and everything went very smoothly. I would highly recommend it.

I flew once on Breeze and really enjoyed it. Granted, this was last summer during their introductory period so everything was fresh and being closely watched by management. Hopefully the quality hasn't fallen off too badly yet. Tampa seems to be a popular route/destination for them from Oklahoma so I doubt that one would get cancelled. They do seem to have a problem of announcing routes, not getting enough sales, and then dropping the flights. I've noticed most of the budget airlines are getting worse about this.

9. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    And LAX!
    But we already have LAX...on AA, granted, and not DL, but we have nothing to BOS.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
    My son flew the last MSY-OKC flight Breeze did He said the plane was new and experienced no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    Delta paying the city back for getting the new gates.

Your move United....
    They're just the worst for planes and schedule. AA is just miles ahead of everyone right now.

It looks like DL and AA are trying to capitalize on United Airlines and their decrease in service . United is basically being hurt by Skywest and their lack of pilots which is why they are downsizing OKC service.

OKC isn't the only city that is being hurt by the Skywest pilot shortage.

HangryHippo Guest

Not much, if any, impact to OKC but The Points Guy is reporting JetBlue is making a bid for Spirit.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/jetblue-spirit-bid/

14. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

It'd be awesome to get Jetblue to Boston. Esp since they are a partner with AA

Enplanement report.
    https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

SWA and AA are still fighting each other for the biggest carrier out of OKC. SWA won in March.

United is pulling out of the OKC Market. Usually their numbers and Delta are close to each other but now UA does 1\3 of Delta and 1\5 of SWA.

16. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

When I was at the airport last there were a handful of gates that didn't have any affiliation. I'm pretty sure they were the old delta gates of 22, 20, and 24. I think 1 is empty too but by design. Does anyone know if they are going to shift some stuff around? It would make sense for SWA to absorb at a minimum of gate 20.

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    Enplanement report.

SWA and AA are still fighting each other for the biggest carrier out of OKC. SWA won in March.

United is pulling out of the OKC Market. Usually their numbers and Delta are close to each other but now UA does 1\3 of Delta and 1\5 of SWA.
    United as a whole is chaos right now. SkyWest is a mess

Now is the time for Delta to add a couple daily LAX flights... (I say selfishly).

19. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Enplanement report.

Are those United numbers (2022 vs 2021) correct? If so, holy cow, that's bad. They've had my loyalty for the past five years but I guess it really is time to move elsewhere -- will probably have to be AA damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    Are those United numbers (2022 vs 2021) correct? If so, holy cow, that's bad. They've had my loyalty for the past five years but I guess it really is time to move elsewhere -- will probably have to be AA damnit.
    AA has been pretty not bad as of late

21. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    AA has been pretty not bad as of late
    Agreed. I've switched my loyalty to them after over a decade of being a southwest apologist. I will still use SWA to most likely Vegas. However, so many doors have been opened switching to AA. I had no idea the amount of places they fly to. Plus with solid partner airline network, esp Alaska, I'm kicking myself for not switching sooner. SWA has jacked with their flight schedules so much out of OKC, it's either leave at dark thirty or late at night for the good direct flights. Plus, I have found they def aren't the cheapest anymore.

United makes it very hard to fly with. There are no more transpacific connection through LA or SF or transatlantic through Dulles. Through Chicago the schedule is not good.

Then for regional flights like Denver and Houston, they use a lot of CRJ 200 and ERJ 145. A throwback from 15 years ago when I moved here.

United makes it very hard to fly with. There are no more transpacific connection through LA or SF or transatlantic through Dulles. Through Chicago the schedule is not good.

Then for regional flights like Denver and Houston, they re use a lot of CRJ 200 and ERJ 145. A throwback from 15 years ago when I moved here.
    Fly WN and UA pretty much exclusively but thinking about switching to WN/AA. Between those two you are pretty well-covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Agreed. I've switched my loyalty to them after over a decade of being a southwest apologist. I will still use SWA to most likely Vegas. However, so many doors have been opened switching to AA. I had no idea the amount of places they fly to. Plus with solid partner airline network, esp Alaska, I'm kicking myself for not switching sooner. SWA has jacked with their flight schedules so much out of OKC, it's either leave at dark thirty or late at night for the good direct flights. Plus, I have found they def aren't the cheapest anymore.
    Pulling out of DAL killed my ability to fly SWA.

Don't forget AA has the JetBlue partnership in the NE too.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Pulling out of DAL killed my ability to fly SWA.

Don't forget AA has the JetBlue partnership in the NE too.
    That's made me appreciate flying out of Tulsa (at least when it comes to SWA).

Thread Information