Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: QuikTrip

Default Re: QuikTrip

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    I hear that Quik Trip is buying land at I-35 and NW 27th (SW/C) in Moore. Sorry if this has been mentioned previously.
    I had not heard an exact location, just that they have been looking in the Moore/Norman area.

On the southwest corner of that intersection is Pickles... The NW corner seems like a more logical spot, occupied only by a discount tobacco place.

I am not sure about the exact site plan, but I heard Charles Barnes School of Real Estate is under contract.

3. Default Re: QuikTrip

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I had not heard an exact location, just that they have been looking in the Moore/Norman area.

On the southwest corner of that intersection is Pickles... The NW corner seems like a more logical spot, occupied only by a discount tobacco place.
    That NW corner has been slated for a large gas station for over a year but I thought it was going to be an eXpress.... QT may have made them an offer for that corner they couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    I am not sure about the exact site plan, but I heard Charles Barnes School of Real Estate is under contract.
    If that's the case, they must also be taking the Pickles property and the small car lot just south of it.

That would give them a similar size, shape and location to the property under contract at Hefner & I-35, and in that case (also the SW corner) they will be buying out an existing business and demolishing it. So, they are clearly willing to spend to get a site they want.

I wish I had some way of totaling up what convenience stores have spent to buy/improve/develop properties in OKC in just the last five years. I'm sure we are way over the billion $ mark, which is stunning.

This is so similar to grocery stores where we were so behind other cities and then suddenly, new and better competition came from seemingly everywhere.

Breakfast/brunch places are another example.

QuikTrip building in OKC only proves the handshake agreement between QT and the Brown's 7-Eleven was true all along.

Is this a for sure deal or is it only a rumor?

Regardless they're a little late to the party with OnCue and Casey's coming in.

But it's QT. I'm sure if they build one somewhere on I-35 it will be just fine.

OnCue will continue to keep my business for four reasons
    1. Beverage selection
    2. Covered parking. It's so nice to walk from the pump to the store in any weather without getting wet.
    3. The cleanliness.
    4. Drive-Thru

Quote Originally Posted by btmec View Post
    OnCue will continue to keep my business for four reasons
    1. Beverage selection
    2. Covered parking. It's so nice to walk from the pump to the store in any weather without getting wet.
    3. The cleanliness.
    4. Drive-Thru
    I agree with all the above. In #2, it's nice to also walk without baking and roasting in the intense summer sun!

But I also like the pumps are pretty safe and tamper resistant. I've had one of the employees tell me they walk the pumps multiple times daily to make sure there hasn't been any tampering like fraudulent scanner/readers placed by scammers.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I agree with all the above. In #2, it's nice to also walk without baking and roasting in the intense summer sun!

But I also like the pumps are pretty safe and tamper resistant. I've had one of the employees tell me they walk the pumps multiple times daily to make sure there hasn't been any tampering like fraudulent scanner/readers placed by scammers.
    I also prefer On-Cue over 7/11 and some of the OC locations have a grill for burgers and a few other hot food items, but the complaint I have about OC is their prices are higher than 7/11. Other than that, On-Cue beats 7/11.

I wish we could get rid of the tacky gas station / horrible restaurant next door.

Quote Originally Posted by billokc View Post
    I also prefer On-Cue over 7/11 and some of the OC locations have a grill for burgers and a few other hot food items, but the complaint I have about OC is their prices are higher than 7/11. Other than that, On-Cue beats 7/11.
    Isn’t the quality of the OnCue gas better than 7-11s since it’s ConocoPhillips?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I can't say since corporate bought all of them now, but back when it was family owned that was the case.

From OnCue's website, "OnCue gas is Top Tier Phillips 66 Gasoline. When you buy Quality Guaranteed Gasoline at OnCue, you are filling your tank with elite Top Tier Gasoline from Phillips 66 that has three times more detergent additive than the minimum required by the EPA."

Costco on Western also has "Top Tier" gas, usually for a few cents cheaper with the membership card than the OnCue across the street.

From our experiences, OnCue seems to be about 2 cents more per gallon than the closest 7-11. We also notice about 2-3 more MPG with OnCue gas, which easily makes up the difference per mile.

Looks like OKC city council approved the QT.

https://kfor.com/news/local/city-cou...city-location/

^

Yeah, Planning Commission had already passed that; City Council is always just a formality.

I went by and took a thorough look yesterday and nothing is happening yet.

They have yet to file any sort of permits (just rezoning plans) so it's going to be a while before they really get going.

Just saw a tweet that Quick Trip is coming to Moore. SW corner 27th & I-35Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QT.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	17265

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Just saw a tweet that Quick Trip is coming to Moore. SW corner 27th & I-35Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QT.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	17265
    Here is a link to the tweet, appears to be from a Moore City Council member.

https://twitter.com/melissashunt/sta...108327943?s=21

Is it the same council member who said Wahlburgers was coming to Moore? Lol

Considering QT is planning locations at the south and north ends of OKC, you have to wonder if they will do the same on the east and west areas of town.

Considering QT is planning locations at the south and north ends of OKC, you have to wonder if they will do the same on the east and west areas of town.
    Can see one on I-40 near Choctaw or Harrah.

Is this one going to be the same type of truck stop type one they are planning on I-35 in N OKC?

Is this one going to be the same type of truck stop type one they are planning on I-35 in N OKC?
    Yes, it's what QT calls a Travel Stop.

Yes, it's what QT calls a Travel Stop.
    Good deal. So then are we going to see any other convenience stores along city streets away from freeways or they only plan to build travel stops here?

Good deal. So then are we going to see any other convenience stores along city streets away from freeways or they only plan to build travel stops here?
    They have said only Travel Stops in OKC. I don't think we'll see more than a handful.

BTW, assuming the councilwoman is referring to NW 27th/I-35, does she mean the NW Corner? The SW corner is occupied, there is vacant land on NE,NW, and SE corner but the southeast corner looks too small.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Can see one on I-40 near Choctaw or Harrah.
    Same on the west side around El Reno.

Thread Information