Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: QuikTrip

Default Re: QuikTrip

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They have a couple of similar, small properties around OKC.

The general consensus is they are for the healthcare arm of QT, as they are too small for a QuikTrip.
    it could also be one of their smaller stores

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    it could also be one of their smaller stores
    They said they would only do travel centers in the OKC area, so there is no way this will be a QT c-store.

Quote Originally Posted by W8N2SKI View Post
    Wow, I had no idea they had a healthcare arm.
    So far they are basically just in/near Tulsa metro, and only announced the concept in 2020, but seem to be expanding it pretty aggressively.

The Moore location is still aiming for a February open:

Where is the Closest QuikTrip Truck Stop Currently? is it the one in Gainesville, TX or is there a closer location

Blog Entries

Where is the Closest QuikTrip Truck Stop Currently? is it the one in Gainesville, TX or is there a closer location
    Probably Henryetta. Tulsa is closer as well.

I-35 & Hefner:

There's one in Wichita Falls Texas as well

Pretty sure the closest one as of right now is in Henryetta.

In regards to the QT in Moore, interesting planning choice on moving the curb cut entrance on the service road even closer to the intersection from when it was Pickles, especially when that same lane turns into a right turn only lane onto Moore Avenue. I imagine this will get backed up/congested into the intersection.

The OKC Metro (multiple municipalities) sure loves multiple entrances into every business from every which way possible at the expense of efficient traffic flow.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    In regards to the QT in Moore, interesting planning choice on moving the curb cut entrance on the service road even closer to the intersection from when it was Pickles, especially when that same lane turns into a right turn only lane onto Moore Avenue. I imagine this will get backed up/congested into the intersection.

The OKC Metro (multiple municipalities) sure loves multiple entrances into every business from every which way possible at the expense of efficient traffic flow.
    It makes driving around town absolute misery.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    It makes driving around town absolute misery.
    The McDonald’s at NW 23rd/Broadway and the 7-Eleven at NW Expressway/Independence…I just can’t lol.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    The McDonald’s at NW 23rd/Broadway and the 7-Eleven at NW Expressway/Independence…I just can’t lol.
    Yes! That 7-11 makes me rage.

99.9% of the time the way buildings are situated are due to access to easements and right of ways.

15. Default Re: QuikTrip

Add the Shell/EzMart at Hefner and MacArthur to the infuriating list.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What's up with the re-routing of the sidewalk by the entrance? They afraid it would be too easy for cars to see wallkers if they left it 10 feet back? It cost them more to make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    What's up with the re-routing of the sidewalk by the entrance? They afraid it would be too easy for cars to see wallkers if they left it 10 feet back? It cost them more to make it worse.
    I do like that they moved the sidewalk back from the road instead of being on the curb.

But that weird sidewalk stuff by the entrance is strange. It looks like there isnt a slope issue from my very unscientific Google Streetview search. I, too, would be interested to know why they did it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    I do like that they moved the sidewalk back from the road instead of being on the curb.

But that weird sidewalk stuff by the entrance is strange. It looks like there isnt a slope issue from my very unscientific Google Streetview search. I, too, would be interested to know why they did it that way.
    Not enough clearance between the curb, power pole, and traffic light pole? But it seems like they could've made it work by jogging it the other way (towards the store) 5 feet or so, then a straight shot on the other side of the poles to the curb. Maybe there's some kind of regulation/statute/store policy that mandates sidewalks be as close to the street as possible at an entrance?

I was wondering about that. But it is also strange that the right sidewalk angles towards the entrance whereas the left is squared off instead of angling away from the entrance. The two approaches are jarringly dissimilar.

Maybe when everything is finished it will make sense?

I hope the other side of the sidewalk will make sense instead of just ending in the lawn.

It's weird to realize that the promise of an OKC metro QT is really not interesting me as much as it used to now that OnCue has become so dominant in the area.

23. Default Re: QuikTrip

I think they moved the crosswalk closer to the street so that people turning in from the service road could see pedestrians crossing the driveway more easily.

One benefit of putting those hard corners on the sidewalk is that the skaters and scooters have to slow down and pay attention to their surroundings as they approach all those cars and trucks. A kid on a scooter blasting along with their ear buds in will blast right across that driveway, given half a chance.

I wonder if they are putting a sign on the corner or some other barrier. Otherwise, what stops people from just walking on the grass?

Thread Information