Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 News and Information

Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Wow, when is the last time we had a 10k case week?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    Wow, when is the last time we had a 10k case week?
    End of September.

Our all-time high was 23K last January.

We will eclipse that easily this January. On the plus side, Omicron does seem to burn through quickly so hopefully we’re on the back side of this come Feb 1.

7,913 (!) new cases for the 3-day period. You have to go all the way back to Jan 2020 to find numbers that high.

Hospitalizations continue to go up as well, now 902 (+35).

ICU is 245 (+10).

Hard to believe we are closing in on two years into the pandemic and we still have sights like this: https://twitter.com/KOCOMeghan/statu...62553318273027 (though to be clear this is not just an Oklahoma issue -- scenes like this exist from around the country now).

Schools starting up in a day or two with no precautions in place in most metro districts should be, uh, interesting.

6. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Drove by the crest today and thw line was all the way past the neighborhood to the south. Never seen anything like it yet

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Drove by the crest today and thw line was all the way past the neighborhood to the south. Never seen anything like it yet
    How bad are the urgent care clinics?

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Hard to believe we are closing in on two years into the pandemic and we still have sights like this: https://twitter.com/KOCOMeghan/statu...62553318273027 (though to be clear this is not just an Oklahoma issue -- scenes like this exist from around the country now).

Schools starting up in a day or two with no precautions in place in most metro districts should be, uh, interesting.
    But I'm sure they all updated their HVAC systems. Hahaha.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    How bad are the urgent care clinics?
    The parking lots of the ones near me have been full for over a week.

Crazy to see, this is the biggest spike so far.

Those long test lines, is it bc people are symptomatic?

Anecdotally, I am hearing schools are closing bc of bus driver illnesses, as well as teacher illnesses.

Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    Crazy to see, this is the biggest spike so far.

Those long test lines, is it bc people are symptomatic?

Anecdotally, I am hearing schools are closing bc of bus driver illnesses, as well as teacher illnesses.

Yuck!
    Surprised schools aren't going back to distance learning. People are just over it and have decided to get it and see what happens I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Surprised schools aren't going back to distance learning. People are just over it and have decided to get it and see what happens I guess.
    Personally, I am not surprised. The distance learning was a total disaster for secondary schools. There are many children very far behind because of it. I would just hate to be a superintendent right now. The pressure must be immense.

4,110 (!) new cases today. That's a single-day record since the pandemic began.

Hospitalizations are spiking: 965 (+113 in one day; +138 for the week starting Saturday).

ICU is 272 (+27 and +37 for the week).

Anecdotally, I know a bunch of people who have recently tested positive.

And a bunch more who are having a hard time finding a place to get tested without extremely long waits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Anecdotally, I know a bunch of people who have recently tested positive.

And a bunch more who are having a hard time finding a place to get tested without extremely long waits.
    Also Anecdotal, but i happen to know a bunch of younger people who are getting much more sick now. the 23 year old i know currently in Norman ICU got covid the first time around christmas last year, and it was really nothing to them. but getting it a second time is hitting them significantly worse. Only know (personally) of one person who was fully vaxed and boostered who has gotten it lately, and their husband was around her the whole time she was infectious and never caught it. he also is fully vaxed and boostered.

Crest posted on Facebook that their COVID-19 testing locations are closed today due to difficulties obtaining testing supplies (apparently a big shipment of test kits was delayed) and they hope to reopen tomorrow.

I wonder what the true number of cases is. I will bet a large number of people see the lines and give up, others just say they will stay home and ride it out. I know of several families that opted not to get tested that had the symptoms of covid and just thought it was not worth the effort to go and get tested or just did not want to be part of the statistics. None of them were vaccinated. And yes I do have friends that are very pro vac also.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Crest posted on Facebook that their COVID-19 testing locations are closed today due to difficulties obtaining testing supplies (apparently a big shipment of test kits was delayed) and they hope to reopen tomorrow.
    I wonder why Dr. Stitt has not addressed this? Haven't seen any statements from the OSHD either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I wonder why Dr. Stitt has not addressed this? Haven't seen any statements from the OSHD either.
    For what it's worth, OSDH did just announce today (about an hour ago or so) that they are extending COVID-19 testing hours at county health departments statewide, and some locations will also have some testing capacity available on weekends too. Source: https://oklahoma.gov/covid19/newsroo...partments.html

Haven't yet seen any other response from the State yet, but I also haven't been looking closely - just stumbled across the above while browsing Twitter.

IMMY labs is free and has plenty of appointments. I got tested this morning after booking an appt last night, took about 5 minutes of waiting in line -- Didn't even get out of my vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    IMMY labs is free and has plenty of appointments. I got tested this morning after booking an appt last night, took about 5 minutes of waiting in line -- Didn't even get out of my vehicle.
    Here is a link; tons of openings in locations all around the metro:

https://portal.immylabs.com/appointment

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/u-...?ocid=msedgntp

this virus is not under control in any place in the US right now.

Fifteen states reported a record-high number of average daily infections: Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia and Washington. Puerto Rico and Washington, D.C., are also averaging more daily cases than ever.
    Or the world for that matter, the pandemic will probably be over after this winter if deaths don't really spike here in a few weeks. Most of the population have some sort of immunity whether it be through vaccination or natural. Covid will just become the new dominate cold virus we deal with every winter.

Is this legit? I haven’t heard of this news site yet so I don’t how credible it is:

https://www.firstpost.com/health/fra...-10256521.html

It is legit, but it pre-dates Omicron and really hasn't taken off/outcompeted omicron, and that region of France has lower vaccination rates than the rest of the country. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

3,914 (!) new cases today. Another count very near all-time record one-day highs.

Hospitalizations are 1,035 (+20). The all-time high is 1,607 on 8/25/21.

ICU is 275 (+3). All-time high is 448 on 9/2/21.

Thread Information