Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Robert Square

1. Default Re: Robert Square

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    These look good, but, why aren't they built as row houses? The 5.5' between buildings is just wasted. Get rid of those gaps and build to the property line and you add 5' of width per unit. In the main living part of each unit that would add 640 sq ft of useful space and you could dump the nearly useless second story apartment over the garages and make the homes cheaper to build/maintain/heat and cool.
    I would generally agree but I think they're wanting to allow egress for the courtyards that are mid-building. 5.5 isn't necessarily that wide either when you consider townhouse style buildings, I think it looks worse (wide) on paper than it will in real life.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Default Re: Robert Square

Site work continues and the footings have been poured.

It's nice to see that they are going to be putting in sidewalks on 7th for this. Any idea why the houses across the street didn't need to add any? Walking to Skydance from the East is about as unappealing as it gets in the general downtown area

Blog Entries

If I were guessing (and I am), I would say they ARE required to do it but haven't yet because they're not technically "done" since there are still lots for sale, but maybe we just need to call code enforcement?

Drove by these yesterday and they are going vertical pretty quickly, at least on the north part of this property.

I absolutely love the design of these townhomes!

Drove by the other day, I saw that they've made great progress here, things look nicer than I thought.

All three of these are listed now for about 1.6MM.

Roughly $460 psqft.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post

Roughly $460 psqft.
    Stop the madness! The gaps between the buildings look dumb to me, what are they gonna do with those, why don't they just build them as rowhouses? The houses in this area look pretty weird, I meant horrible in a polite way. How could they approve these projects? OKC does need a legit chief architect.

I want more of these types of homes, just I would like something a little more affordable, 1.6M is not easy for the young family to acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    Stop the madness! The gaps between the buildings look dumb to me, what are they gonna do with those, why don't they just build them as rowhouses? The houses in this area look pretty weird, I meant horrible in a polite way. How could they approve these projects? OKC does need a legit chief architect.
    Would you want to share a wall with a neighbor if you're spending $1.60mm?

Blog Entries

What is the address? Took a quick look and didn’t see listing. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post

Roughly $460 psqft.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Yes, if I can claim half of the wasteful strip on each side and add 500 sqft to my total sqft, what are they used for btw, for quick access from 6th to 7th? LOL. There's no windows on those walls. First of all, 1.6M is nuts, Villa Teresa is roughly 1.2M/unit and they're pretty much rowhouses, and they've sold more than haft of their available units.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    What is the address? Took a quick look and didn’t see listing. Thanks.
    38 NE 7th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73104

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    Yes, if I can claim half of the wasteful strip on each side and add 500 sqft to my total sqft, what are they used for btw, for quick access from 6th to 7th? LOL. There's no windows on those walls. First of all, 1.6M is nuts, Villa Teresa is roughly 1.2M/unit and they're pretty much rowhouses, and they've sold more than haft of their available units.
    What Villa Teresa has sold is their condos or 'flats', which were much cheaper than the rest.

Of the 11 rowhouses, only 2 of them have sold. And they have been on the market for well over a year.

According to the listing, all 3 of these will have their own small pool in the middle where that courtyard thing is. So I guess there is some justification of the gap - equipment to dig + exterior access.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    and you can walk to the Parlor and get trashed if you wanted too

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What Villa Teresa has sold is their condos or 'flats', which were much cheaper than the rest.

Of the 11 rowhouses, only 2 of them have sold. And they have been on the market for well over a year.
    I know a couple of the buyers in the VT flats and the driving force for their decision of buying the flat was being all on one floor.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    I know a couple of the buyers in the VT flats and the driving force for their decision of buying the flat was being all on one floor.
    One-level living is a priority for many, especially older people. And it's often the empty-nesters that are the primary market for these expensive, urban homes.

Personally, I like ranch homes because you don't have a big staircase in the middle of the house, which is a very inefficient use of space and breaks up the living areas. Also, I'm a huge dog lover and once they get to a certain age, navigating steps can be a big problem.

Blog Entries

Regarding why aren't they row homes... Gary (urbanlivingokc on twitter) told me that attached housing is a really tough sell in OKC in his experience, so I suspect, as dumb as all this is, that they'd have a harder time selling them with the "attached" label vs otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Regarding why aren't they row homes... Gary (urbanlivingokc on twitter) told me that attached housing is a really tough sell in OKC in his experience, so I suspect, as dumb as all this is, that they'd have a harder time selling them with the "attached" label vs otherwise...
    Also at some local credit unions they charge more in interest for attached houses. I think it has to do with how they would sell the loan onto wall street.

+1 for density, +10 for being housing downtown +1000 for not having front facing garages like the homes across the street to the north.

i'm going to armchair quarterback here and say that the proportions would have been better with a third story, even if it was just the front section of the structures. just look at the two units just to the north... that just looks more 'right' to me.

Thread Information