Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Robert Square

Blog Entries

Default Re: Robert Square

now if only they'd kill that 40mph speed limit. I bet adding a northbound bike lane would help calm traffic....

40 mph always seemed awfully fast for a 2-lane road in what is technically a residential part of Downtown (The Metropolitan). As the area from NW 6 to NW 10 and from Oklahoma Ave to Broadway Ave develops more we'll see more residents of The Metropolitan trying to walk or bike to new developments. I wonder how difficult it would be to get a signalized intersection or a stop sign with crosswalks at Oklahoma and NW 8?

3. Default Re: Robert Square

^^^^ Totally agree with this. 40 mph down Oklahoma always seemed odd to me, but when Metropolitan came along and they didn't slow it down, that was madness. If they'd only do something about the Okla/Harrison/5th junction--which must be the most treacherous in the city--I'd be glad.

Back on topic, I think these residences are a missed opportunity, just like the ones a block further north. With the juggernaut of Metropolitan opposite, and the burgeoning commercial developments towards the railroad, single-family homes don't feel appropriate. I'm not a fan of the children's book illustration styling either.

I'd like to see a real rendering, not just those pictures they provided. They might look better in the context of the property and surrounding area.

Quote Originally Posted by Timtoomany View Post
    ^^^^ Totally agree with this. 40 mph down Oklahoma always seemed odd to me, but when Metropolitan came along and they didn't slow it down, that was madness. If they'd only do something about the Okla/Harrison/5th junction--which must be the most treacherous in the city--I'd be glad.

Back on topic, I think these residences are a missed opportunity, just like the ones a block further north. With the juggernaut of Metropolitan opposite, and the burgeoning commercial developments towards the railroad, single-family homes don't feel appropriate. I'm not a fan of the children's book illustration styling either.
    Wow, you said exactly what I was thinking but couldn't put into words. To a tee.

Ground work has started on this project.

Does anyone know how to contact the Robert Square folks? I am interested in moving downtown and would like to learn more about this project.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1k View Post
    Does anyone know how to contact the Robert Square folks? I am interested in moving downtown and would like to learn more about this project.
    I am sending you a direct message.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1k View Post
    I spoke to Jenna Harper, the realtor, and the range is $1.40mm - $1.60mm FYI

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I spoke to Jenna Harper, the realtor, and the range is $1.40mm - $1.60mm FYI
    Wow.

Thanks for the info and Pete, thanks for the contact. I left the builder a message.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Wow.
    She said they also have another development in SoSA called "The Nine", which will be luxury townhomes starting closer to $800m.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    She said they also have another development in SoSA called "The Nine", which will be luxury townhomes starting closer to $800m.
    That's this project:

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=44639

$800 million dollars? What? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    $800 million dollars? What? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by formerly405Tulsan View Post
    He means $800k.

Wasting no time, the elusive multi-unit project whose entire existence isn't predicated on pre-sales. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by formerly405Tulsan View Post
    $800mm = $800 million, $800m = $800 thousand

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    He means $800k.
    i really don't know why 800k is not used any more ...

21. Default Re: Robert Square

I always use a K. don't understand the lowercase m. Just opens the door for mass confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    don't understand the lowercase m.
    it's because of this:
    https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&...d&op=translate

If "M" is equal to "mm" arithmetically, then would I lose points on a math exam if I used the wrong one in a proof?

Blog Entries

These look good, but, why aren't they built as row houses? The 5.5' between buildings is just wasted. Get rid of those gaps and build to the property line and you add 5' of width per unit. In the main living part of each unit that would add 640 sq ft of useful space and you could dump the nearly useless second story apartment over the garages and make the homes cheaper to build/maintain/heat and cool.

25. Default Re: Robert Square

that is weird, in business we always use $K or $k, or 000 for thousands, and $M or $m for millions.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information