Widgets Magazine

Thread: Rivian Factory

Default Re: Ft Worth to get Rivian Factory

those are nice looking vehicles

The article said Ft Worth is in consideration along with several other cities ?

Someone else on the forum mentioned the Phoenix area is also in play for this plant as well. I don't think this is the right forum for this though given they aren't even considering OKC.

Just making a point that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    The title is a little misleading ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Opportunities might have presented themselves to OKC if Mick Cornett had not given away the GM plant to the Air Force. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Default Re: Rivian Factory

Rivian is planning a service facility at 9495 W. Reno, in an existing building just east of Morgan Road.

Rivian trucks and SUVs have earned high acclaim and seem to be one of the breakout companies among the multitude of EV startups.

Rivian’s are nice and I also really like Lucid.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Rivian’s are nice and I also really like Lucid.
    I thought Lucid was in a lot of trouble, but the Saudis have made a big investment in them and they're building a factory in the Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I thought Lucid was in a lot of trouble, but the Saudis have made a big investment in them and they're building a factory in the Kingdom.
    Good to know. I just took One on a test drive and Century City and it was amazing. I’m looking at one of those or the new hummer SUV. Both look good for city Driving here in LA. Very spacious and comfortable, which is what I’m looking for but with enough range to complete a trip to Vegas without having to stop and doing it at very high speeds.

Blog Entries

Rivian is planning EV service centers in both Oklahoma City and Tulsa (Broken Arrow).

Rivian - https://rivian.com/experience/service

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Don't know about Lucid, but Rivian stock is down 93% and according to some analysts, investors have lost all faith in the company. Several executives recently left, they have cancelled multiple versions of their vehicles, and they are having their 2nd round of layoffs (840 jobs). They have enough cash on hand to make it to 2025 and they won't be selling enough trucks by then to be profitable so they are going to need new investors.

14. Default Re: Rivian Factory

I feel Rivian will be fine. I've seen a good handful of the Rivian trucks around the city, behind Tesla, and above any other electric model, though I have seen the electric f150s popping up more recently. I saw my first Lucid Air yesterday outside of Park Harvey, and I love the lucid look, but they are SO expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Opportunities might have presented themselves to OKC if Mick Cornett had not given away the GM plant to the Air Force. Hindsight is 20/20 though.
    OKC should have left the GM plant empty for eighteen years with the hope that one day an EV manufacturer whose stock is down 93% would choose OKC over a dozen other cities.

You are saying that's a better idea versus bringing in a few thousand high-paying aviation jobs to OKC?

As long as we're tracking.

Blog Entries

This is taken from an article in AutoEvolution a couple of days ago - they are bullish on Rivian and Lucid due to their backers, but not so much on others:

Rivian is also having a hard time, but it is in a more comfortable position. Amazon and Ford have helped it raise a fortune. It had $18.423 billion in end cash position by the end of 2021 and dropped that amount to $12.099 billion by the end of 2022, which shows it is burning money fast. The BEV maker’s excuse is that it is investing in a new factory in Georgia and also developing new, more affordable vehicles. The R2 family has a higher production volume potential than the R1 family currently for sale. Apart from the investments it made in Rivian, Amazon also bought 100,000 electric vans from the company. Rivian didn’t even manage to manufacture all of them yet. It is very unlikely that this BEV maker will fail with such a financial backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    OKC should have left the GM plant empty for eighteen years with the hope that one day an EV manufacturer whose stock is down 93% would choose OKC over a dozen other cities.

You are saying that's a better idea versus bringing in a few thousand high-paying aviation jobs to OKC?

As long as we're tracking.
    Not only that but Georgia had to pony up $1.5 billion in tax incentives to get the plant....which might never get built anyhow. A Georgia judge has ruled that $700 million bonds offered as part of the deal were improper. That decision has been appealed.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    This is taken from an article in AutoEvolution a couple of days ago - they are bullish on Rivian and Lucid due to their backers, but not so much on others:

Rivian is also having a hard time, but it is in a more comfortable position. Amazon and Ford have helped it raise a fortune. It had $18.423 billion in end cash position by the end of 2021 and dropped that amount to $12.099 billion by the end of 2022, which shows it is burning money fast. The BEV maker’s excuse is that it is investing in a new factory in Georgia and also developing new, more affordable vehicles. The R2 family has a higher production volume potential than the R1 family currently for sale. Apart from the investments it made in Rivian, Amazon also bought 100,000 electric vans from the company. Rivian didn’t even manage to manufacture all of them yet. It is very unlikely that this BEV maker will fail with such a financial backup.
    Ford sold 90% of their stake in Rivian. Ford only invested in them to get the carbon credits so they could continue to sell high profit margin SUVs. Now that Ford has their own EV program with their own in-house carbon credits Ford doesn't need Rivian.

https://www.thestreet.com/technology...41.8%20billion.

Blog Entries

^I don’t think the Ford divestiture means the end of Rivian. Amazon and lots of VC $ are in their game. The R1S is getting very high reviews. There are no guarantees but Rivian appears to have a leg up.

Thread Information