Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Uncommon Ground Park (2nd & Coltrane)

Default Re: Uncommon Ground Park (2nd & Coltrane)

Quote Originally Posted by jdross1982 View Post
    e this area has needed to be expanded regardless of the current construction. It is 1000ft of road that needs to be addressed and should be by the city.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    this
    It simply goes back to the city always waiting far too long after the need is established rather than looking and planning ahead making it a bigger inconvenience to motorist, residents and visitors once they finally do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    It simply goes back to the city always waiting far too long after the need is established rather than looking and planning ahead making it a bigger inconvenience to motorist, residents and visitors once they finally do something.
    Really the problem is the unanticipated growth (but it should have been) of East Edmond and far West Edmond. They're playing catchup with a lot of the infrastructure like water processing, roads, etc. All of the CIP money for the next 7 years is already committed so they really need to look at GO bonds or something to finance some major transportation projects in Edmond. Edmond should have been doing a lot more work along this line in the 2000s and we're behind the 8-ball now and it's hard to keep up with all the new construction.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Really the problem is the unanticipated growth (but it should have been) of East Edmond and far West Edmond. They're playing catchup with a lot of the infrastructure like water processing, roads, etc. All of the CIP money for the next 7 years is already committed so they really need to look at GO bonds or something to finance some major transportation projects in Edmond. Edmond should have been doing a lot more work along this line in the 2000s and we're behind the 8-ball now and it's hard to keep up with all the new construction.
    the City is really kind of derelict when it comes to Coltrane .. from 15th to 2nd there is about 500 ft that would make it 4 lanes for the entire stretch (no excuse for the city workers to just blacktop it in those sections are a temp)

Probably need to create a new thread directly to identify roads that are like this that need to be done like now. That 500 ft section northbound between 15th and 2nd, just north of 2nd by the park. The ones they have on the planned list but with no funding also need to be done. So much needs to be done and yet just waiting. GO bonds need to be issued to address a large section of the road issues and better to do it now with all the inflow of homes being built and strong revenue numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    this is much more like walking into the city to give them and the public lots of money ..
    If memory serves right, Edmond is aware of the situation and they will soon put forth a bond proposal to expedite surface transportation projects.

And to this the push for density in housing. Yes we need wider roads in the heart of Edmond. County is working on roads east of I 35 but but but, as I have talked to the road folks, if you build new roads then have all the concrete trucks, brick trucks, back hoes etc driving it everyday, it would be nice for long. Please wait a bit and then when less construction traffic, fix the roads.

You can never have a road that’s too wide. The wider and more lanes the better. Edmond needs to get to it.

Like I said in the Waterloo thread, the city as a whole had never grasped if you build it they will come. Now the NIMBYs nay feel they (growth) won’t come if we avoid the building but we all know that’s not true so it’s time to update the infrastructure in preparation to the growth in lieu of reactive to it.

Wow, looks like this project is now dead according to this letter from Hal French on the Uncommon Ground Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/people/The-...0083479831925/

Edmond gonna Edmond.

strange

I was skeptical it was gonna happen even with unilateral support. Funny they mention Gathering Place in Tulsa. This plan did remind me of it. I always thought they were too in over their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I was skeptical it was gonna happen even with unilateral support. Funny they mention Gathering Place in Tulsa. This plan did remind me of it. I always thought they were too in over their heads.
    very well said. Huge difference between the financial strength of GK3 and the UGP benefactors.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    very well said. Huge difference between the financial strength of GK3 and the UGP benefactors.
    I just kept sitting back hoping to see it happen. I was rooting for it.

We need more details, whoever blocked this needs to be voted out

Do we even know if it was “blocked?” It sounds by the wording of their post they just gave up.

It wasn't from what I saw . I thought the council approved the plan. He seems sort of pissed the city didn't just rubber stamp it without asking questions. Like how dare they try to see what the long term impact and liabilities to the city would be. His comment in the letter about the planning commission and their 30 minute rubber stamp on all those variances is telling. Also, at the last council meeting the mayor mentioned something about French and Co not being willing to meet with city staff in advanced of the council meeting to get some of those questions answered. I've been a big supporter of this project but something stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    We need more details, whoever blocked this needs to be voted out
    Or maybe we vote you out, since no one blocked it. It was fast-tracked. There was no blocking of this project. The letter never said anything about it being blocked. It reads like their alligator mouths wrote checks their hummingbird backsides couldn't cash.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    It wasn't from what I saw . I thought the council approved the plan. He seems sort of pissed the city didn't just rubber stamp it without asking questions. Like how dare they try to see what the long term impact and liabilities to the city would be. His comment in the letter about the planning commission and their 30 minute rubber stamp on all those variances is telling. Also, at the last council meeting the mayor mentioned something about French and Co not being willing to meet with city staff in advanced of the council meeting to get some of those questions answered. I've been a big supporter of this project but something stinks.
    +1

Well I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification

Here is an article with further details.

https://nondoc.com/2023/06/02/develo...culpture-park/

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    Here is an article with further details.

https://nondoc.com/2023/06/02/develo...culpture-park/
    I’m wondering if it might be half-penny tax time.

They’ve been moving land in this area for some time now. Is the entire project dead now and will they stop? Or will there still be some kind of park there anyway?

Thread Information