Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncommon Ground Park (2nd & Coltrane)

Default Re: Uncommon Ground Park (2nd & Coltrane)

2. Default Re: Uncommon Ground Park (2nd & Coltrane)

Anyone know why this seems to be moving SO slowly?

As you can see from the photo of around 11 AM on a Thursday, very few workers out there.

No idea why.

4. Default Re: Uncommon Ground Park (2nd & Coltrane)

The owner insists on doing a lot of the dirtwork between himself and a small crew. City in no hurry to move it along. Still on pace to be fully completed within 2 years

We live just East of the intersection there... and see work being done everyday. Some days there are a dozen workers there or more. A lot of work is being done on the far NW corner, hidden by trees, but most work is constant at the 2nd street area where they are building it up for the future restaurants/parking.

We really can't wait to hear what restaurants may go in there... really hoping for 2... a nice sit down, (PLEASE... Bring Mama Rojas and/or Charlestons!) and a sandwich/picnic style (Louies, Jasons) for takeout with all the special events that will go on there. We are excited, and wish it were to be done in 2024! ❤️

Uncommon Design 2023-03-31.jpg
    More than excited... Can't wait for the retaining wall and water feature!

Quote Originally Posted by MelOK View Post
    We live just East of the intersection there... and see work being done everyday. Some days there are a dozen workers there or more. A lot of work is being done on the far NW corner, hidden by trees, but most work is constant at the 2nd street area where they are building it up for the future restaurants/parking.

We really can't wait to hear what restaurants may go in there... really hoping for 2... a nice sit down, (PLEASE... Bring Mama Rojas and/or Charlestons!) and a sandwich/picnic style (Louies, Jasons) for takeout with all the special events that will go on there. We are excited, and wish it were to be done in 2024! ❤️
    I hope no national chains. I'd prefer to see restaurants from our local ownership groups.

8. Default Re: Uncommon Ground Park (2nd & Coltrane)

Article in the paper today has some more details, visuals.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...o/70057984007/

This will be a very nice park if it’s built as proposed.

Some Edmondnites are already bitching about it but oddly enough I agree with some of their concerns how the have requested variances to forgo traffic studies on Coltrane and Second St. Not a fan of that:

https://okcfox.com/news/local/are-we...-mayor-french#

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Some Edmondnites are already bitching about it but oddly enough I agree with some of their concerns how the have requested variances to forgo traffic studies on Coltrane and Second St. Not a fan of that:

because it is kind of a bait and switch ...

everyone in Edmond knows that Coltrane needs to be fully 4 lane from Covell all the way south to 33rd the city is just waiting on funds to do it .. (the city will own this park in the future) a traffic study is not going to give new information and is not a reason to delay the project ..

The traffic study would have showed the need to go ahead and expand the 1000 ft of Coltrane to 4 lanes with half of that being in the property area of the park and the rest north of the park property. Not sure I agree this expansion would fall solely on the Park bc you also have the development on the NE corner that could also split. If anything, I think the City should own half the expense with the Park and the NE property owner splitting the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by jdross1982 View Post
    with the Park and the NE property owner splitting the rest.
    the City is going to be the park owner ...

They are going to be, they are not now.

Quote Originally Posted by jdross1982 View Post
    The traffic study would have showed the need to go ahead and expand the 1000 ft of Coltrane to 4 lanes with half of that being in the property area of the park and the rest north of the park property. Not sure I agree this expansion would fall solely on the Park bc you also have the development on the NE corner that could also split. If anything, I think the City should own half the expense with the Park and the NE property owner splitting the rest.
    Traffic study is completely unnecessary for this park. While it might be popular, there are fast food places that will have higher peak traffic times than a park that will have as its traffic will be spread out over the day. Also, are you suggesting that on top of donating 62 acres for a park to the city that they should also widen Coltrane from the intersection? Suggest that hey should have to spend even more money on public infrastructure just because they are doing something along a road before the city has got around to widening it? Im sorry but this needs to be the city's job, not a developer or in this case a philanthropist. If you are going to make developers widen section lined roads then you will have no development to begin with, its just too expensive.

Yah its like saying thank you for the donation but we want more Its not just the land, they are spending money on developing it. Ok it might not be totally complete but they are spending a boat load of their own money. Its ok if the city will need to spend a bit. This is a lot of land and a lot of enjoyment for the citizens of Edmond.

18. Default Re: Uncommon Ground Park (2nd & Coltrane)

This is probably best case scenario for the piece of land and go figure there is pushback about traffic concerns. It should not be on developer or anyone associated with it to expand any public roads.

As someone who watched this meeting, it seemed like more of the consternation seemed to stem from Shadid's insistence that they should just be happy with the gift, shut up, and approve the variances without a per variance vote and without getting their questions answered. I don't think there's anyone involved at the city level who doesn't want this to happen, but I think it's realistic for questions to be answered (including the long term economic impact to the citizens). Mayor Davis isn't exactly anti-development and he had some concerns and wished the developers had met with his staff more before the vote.

Must be nice to walk into a city with money and get whatever you want. Edmond citizens must be a bunch of whores.

I should note I’m being sarcastic. Kinda. Traffic concerns are justifiable here especially for nearby homes. Am I becoming a NIMBY!?!?

I'm just glad they got rid of all of those trees. What an eyesore it was before. Too many trees, horses running...

When I think of a park, I think barren land.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I'm just glad they got rid of all of those trees. What an eyesore it was before. Too many trees, horses running...

When I think of a park, I think barren land.
    Lololol I laughed a little too hard at this.

Must be nice to walk into a city with money and get whatever you want. Edmond citizens must be a bunch of whores.

I should note I’m being sarcastic. Kinda. Traffic concerns are justifiable here especially for nearby homes. Am I becoming a NIMBY!?!?
    this is much more like walking into the city to give them and the public lots of money ..

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Traffic study is completely unnecessary for this park. While it might be popular, there are fast food places that will have higher peak traffic times than a park that will have as its traffic will be spread out over the day. Also, are you suggesting that on top of donating 62 acres for a park to the city that they should also widen Coltrane from the intersection? Suggest that hey should have to spend even more money on public infrastructure just because they are doing something along a road before the city has got around to widening it? Im sorry but this needs to be the city's job, not a developer or in this case a philanthropist. If you are going to make developers widen section lined roads then you will have no development to begin with, its just too expensive.
    They are doing exactly that for neighborhoods all over Edmond especially East Edmond. Not saying he should have to do it bc I do believe it is on the City especially since this area has needed to be expanded regardless of the current construction. It is 1000ft of road that needs to be addressed and should be by the city.

25. Default Re: Uncommon Ground Park (2nd & Coltrane)

According to the meeting, the only neighborhood that is affected by this (to the north) is all in on its support. Anything else should be background noise.

Thread Information