Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 78 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131459 ... LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Default Re: Uhaul Lot

It would be nice to see those sidewalks along Reno buffered from the street by trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They haven't changed anything.

The 14-stories probably don't include the parking.
    Good deal the higher the better

Pete, when is this going on Facebook, I need some good reading material this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Ironic considering the amount of dispensaries we have here...

5. Default Re: Uhaul Lot

time to rename this thread?

Great news and definitely agree about the sidewalk interaction at Reno. ..
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

They haven't changed anything.

The 14-stories probably don't include the parking.
    Good, hopefully they will release some new renderings soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    My motto also, for more than just buildings lol, on a serious note, if the Thunder dont make playoffs until 2024-25 OKC will be unrecognizable to the rest of the nation! Exciting times!!

I really like this proposed project and hope it all materializes. With that said, after reading posts and seeing all the buildings inn the Austin thread, it was a bit deflating. I really wish these were a bit taller to truly impact and stretch our skyline. I would almost rather have 2 buildings with more height than the 3 that will not have as much impact. Don't get me wrong, but imagine if we were to add some residential for rent or for sale on top of the 2 proposed hotels? This city is screaming for more high rise residential in the downtown area. With the new resort coming soon, the demand will only increase. Imagine this project with them being 400-500 feet instead of 250!

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    I really like this proposed project and hope it all materializes. With that said, after reading posts and seeing all the buildings inn the Austin thread, it was a bit deflating. I really wish these were a bit taller to truly impact and stretch our skyline. I would almost rather have 2 buildings with more height than the 3 that will not have as much impact. Don't get me wrong, but imagine if we were to add some residential for rent or for sale on top of the 2 proposed hotels? This city is screaming for more high rise residential in the downtown area. With the new resort coming soon, the demand will only increase. Imagine this project with them being 400-500 feet instead of 250!
    I wish for the exact opposite. I'd rather see these buildings broke out into a number of shorter buildings that line the entire exterior of this property with street level retail adding some life to the rather dead streets on each side (Reno, Blvd) and also create intimate spaces in the gaps in the middle. I'm much more into vibrant urban spaces which people walk in than skylines people gaze at for a few seconds as they pass by on a highway.

BigRed: In looking at the renderings, we are getting three buildings - two hotels and an additional building, taller than those, that will be residential. I assume that's still the plan since that's a new rendering. Three 15-20 story buildings in a cluster will have an impact on the skyline. I find it hard to be "deflated" about that. New to market boutique hotel brands filling a gaping surface parking lot in the midst of the urban fabric. Most cities not named Austin or Nashville would kill for such a thing in this economic environment.

I get DanKrutka's point and largely agree with him, at least in general theory. Street level retail is much more important in an urban environment than tall buildings with little sidewalk presence. But there are a number of other places for that type of infill, so I'm not going to look this gift horse in the mouth.

Should it come to fruition, and combined with the OKANA resort announcement, this would be quite a year for OKC.

These size of buildings will have a great impact when driving on the Boulevard. If anyone has driven on the Dallas North Tollway north of downtown and 635, these will have that affect like all of those mid-rises do.

I'm fine with any and all mid-rise until we get the vast majority of the empty lots and surface parking lots in the Bricktown, Midtown, Scissortail Park area filled in. The obvious exceptions are the Cox Center/Prairie Surf site, as well as the lots in between Myriad and Scissortail. Those developments, whenever they come along, should be as ambitious as possible and if executed correctly should have a huge impact on the overall skyline regardless of what goes on in every other lot. Otherwise, just add as much decent building stock as possible, it's the quickest way to give more blocks an urban feel. I walked from the Angry Scotsman taproom to Paycom Center on Sunday Afternoon and it was just empty lots the whole way through along Reno, even as a huge building boom took place literally two blocks to the north over the past decade.

Man, that Dream property is chic AF.

Very cool that OKC will be one of only five or six Dream properties in the US, including Hollywood, NYC (two locations), Miami and Nashville. What a statement.

Here's a link to the homepage: https://www.dreamhotels.com/destinations

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post

Very cool that OKC will be one of only five or six Dream properties in the US, including Hollywood, NYC (two locations), Miami and Nashville. What a statement.

i agree .. seem like great adds for OKC

I’ve stayed at the Nashville Dream, it is great! Would stay there every time

Pete (or other real estate gurus) what are the odds of this all coming together? I know you are trying to limit the negativity on here and I understand, so I will withhold my ill-informed thoughts on this specific development. 1-10 are we looking at a solid 9 or a 4?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post

Dang, that's good perspective. This seems like a great addition, regardless the ultimate height. Hopefully now we can expand out further and improve more areas around Scissortail and add more oomph to that proposed Innovation District.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Pete (or other real estate gurus) what are the odds of this all coming together? I know you are trying to limit the negativity on here and I understand, so I will withhold my ill-informed thoughts on this specific development. 1-10 are we looking at a solid 9 or a 4?
    They have some very established people involved, although nothing is done until it's done.

My guess is there is a better than 50/50 chance it happens.

They have some very established people involved, although nothing is done until it's done.

My guess is there is a better than 50/50 chance it happens.
    Interesting that OKC isn't listed on their "Coming Soon" page:

FUTURE DREAM DESTINATIONS
    Palm Springs
    Pattaya Na Jomtien
    Atlanta Buckhead
    Belize
    Dallas
    Gasveli Maldives
    New Delhi
    Carabao Island

20. Default Re: Uhaul Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Interesting that OKC isn't listed on their "Coming Soon" page:

FUTURE DREAM DESTINATIONS
    Palm Springs
    Pattaya Na Jomtien
    Atlanta Buckhead
    Belize
    Dallas
    Gasveli Maldives
    New Delhi
    Carabao Island
    There are a few missing from that list:
    Dream Doha
    Dream Valle de Guadalupe
    Dream Memphis
    Dream Cleveland
    Dream Las Vegas
    Dream San Antonio

https://www.dreamhotelgroup.com/hotels

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    There are a few missing from that list:
    Dream Doha
    Dream Valle de Guadalupe
    Dream Memphis
    Dream Cleveland
    Dream Las Vegas
    Dream San Antonio

https://www.dreamhotelgroup.com/hotels
    OK, like so many websites, their site isn't consistent or accurate. Nevermind, then...

22. Default Re: Uhaul Lot

^^^^^^^^^^
    Was just going to say, the marketing team and the development team aren't always as coordinated as one might like on projects like this. Whether or not it's listed on the website often isn't a great barometer.

Regarding the likelihood of this happening, I would also give this at the very least a 50/50 chance. Probably more than that.

A lot of money appears to have has been spent on planning and preparation. With Hogan already owning the land, I'd give it a 75%+ chance. It might not be built exactly as proposed (as most projects), but it'll probably get built. I'm not hopping on the "Developers always under deliver in OKC" bandwagon. This is just a large complex project that may require flexibility (which they have).

Comparing this to The Drury hotel: Drury overpaid for the land in my opinion which likely will limit their flexibility in development. I imagine Drury will take the loss, sell it to someone else and move on down the road.

Hogan on the other hand has four keys things here that gives me confidence: money, land, Dream Hotel Group, and a vested interest in the immediate area. That last part to me is most important.

24. Default Re: Uhaul Lot

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    A lot of money appears to have has been spent on planning and preparation. With Hogan already owning the land, I'd give it a 75%+ chance. It might not be built exactly as proposed (as most projects), but it'll probably get built. I'm not hopping on the "Developers always under deliver in OKC" bandwagon. This is just a large complex project that may require flexibility (which they have).

Comparing this to The Drury hotel: Drury overpaid for the land in my opinion which likely will limit their flexibility in development. I imagine Drury will take the loss, sell it to someone else and move on down the road.

Hogan on the other hand has four keys things here that gives me confidence: money, land, Dream Hotel Group, and a vested interest in the immediate area. That last part to me is most important.
    The big question mark at this point will be TIF, as they certainly will be looking for some sort of incentive. They'll have to be a little strategic with their request (likely asking for the condos vs. hotels) as I believe the Omni stipulation of no TIF financing for hotels in this area will apply to this development too.

Blog Entries

I'm optimistic but we all thought the Canopy was pretty certain but here we are.

Thread Information