Widgets Magazine
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Convergence (formerly Innovation Plaza)

Default Re: Convergence (formerly Innovation Plaza)

Nice, finally getting vertical. Man that's a lot of concrete.

*BancFirst looking real good in the background. Their upgrade really did wonders for the skyline.

This is going to be incredible once finished. I may have overlooked it. When should it be completed?

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Nice, finally getting vertical. Man that's a lot of concrete.

*BancFirst looking real good in the background. Their upgrade really did wonders for the skyline.
    You're right about the concrete. I live nearby and concrete pouring on this site starts by 5am each morning...weeks and weeks of pouring concrete.....

Look how much land is dedicated for that NB off-ramp. Imagine that entire space being high density housing. *chef kiss*

Thank you Pete, for these pics and all the pics and effort and time you dedicate to this website and this city!

The Citizen is really going to make a bigger impact than expected, and BancFirst looks fantastic and This going vertical really makes an awesome impact on the east side of 235. All very exciting!

9. Default Re: Convergence (formerly Innovation Plaza)

Great progress. This is a very impressive project.

10. Default Re: Convergence (formerly Innovation Plaza)

Attachment 18335

View from 235 is quite nice. But man, all that land in front of it from that exit ramp is not my favorite. Maybe they could at least turn it into some pedestrian plaza or anything to make it so that it’s not some random undeveloped land that doesn’t match all the modern architecture right behind it. But I can’t complain, we’re 4 stories up on a project that many doubted! Anything to bring more interaction with the highway!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4502.jpeg 
Views:	163 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	18336  

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Attachment 18335

View from 235 is quite nice. But man, all that land in front of it from that exit ramp is not my favorite. Maybe they could at least turn it into some pedestrian plaza or anything to make it so that it’s not some random undeveloped land that doesn’t match all the modern architecture right behind it. But I can’t complain, we’re 4 stories up on a project that many doubted! Anything to bring more interaction with the highway!
    Would make a great sculpture garden or area for cool signage for the Innovation District.
    I assume this is owned by ODOT and they would have to be compensated by someone for capital costs and maintenance.

An even bigger, BETTER c(OKC) ring!!!!!!

13. Default Re: Convergence (formerly Innovation Plaza)

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    An even bigger, BETTER c(OKC) ring!!!!!!
    That, and they can put the new arena in there.

14. Default Re: Convergence (formerly Innovation Plaza)

use the beacon of hope for it!

From the pic above, it looks like they are working on the sixth floor (counting ground level only and up). There have been a few changes and I can't remember, how many floors is this supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    From the pic above, it looks like they are working on the sixth floor (counting ground level only and up). There have been a few changes and I can't remember, how many floors is this supposed to be?
    Looks like 9 floors. There is a rendering on pg. 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They refiled the revised building permit application for the office building:

Bringing this up because I was curious. It is the updated renderings from February of this year.

Blog Entries

Bricktown3 Re: Convergence (formerly Innovation Plaza)

If you're in the area, you can see the construction cranes for The Citizen, Convergence and Okana Resort from I-235.

21. Default Re: Convergence (formerly Innovation Plaza)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thanks Pete! I love this view of the skyline so much. Think of this with the Boardwalk project, Berry Rock, Alley’s End, *chef’s kiss* it will be wonderful. Now we’ll just need towers built on the lots south of the Myriad to fill the space between Devon and BancFirst… I truly think that’s the biggest spot that could make our skyline comparable to other major U.S. cities. I know this has been discussed a lot haha.

Thanks Pete! I love this view of the skyline so much. Think of this with the Boardwalk project, Berry Rock, Alley’s End, *chef’s kiss* it will be wonderful. Now we’ll just need towers built on the lots south of the Myriad to fill the space between Devon and BancFirst… I truly think that’s the biggest spot that could make our skyline comparable to other major U.S. cities. I know this has been discussed a lot haha.
    I think from that view, towers on those lots would either be to the left of Bancfirst or covered by it. The old Stage Center site would fit right in that window

I may be wrong but I think the Downtown Ford development would be more visible between Omni and BankFirst, possibly even blocked by BankFirst from this angle

24. Default Re: Convergence (formerly Innovation Plaza)

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I think from that view, towers on those lots would either be to the left of Bancfirst or covered by it. The old Stage Center site would fit right in that window
    Yeah you're right, that's more accurate from this angle. It would still be a brilliant move for most other angles though!

25. Default Re: Convergence (formerly Innovation Plaza)

Never mind, wrong thread for this hehe
    Last edited by Tyson; 10-23-2023 at 12:49 PM. Reason: A bit off topic

Thread Information