Widgets Magazine
Page 95 of 455 FirstFirst ... 4590919293949596979899100145195 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

I am assuming the higher case numbers is because they are testing all the Long-Term Care facilities and Nursing homes in the state.

I just wish they would break those out into a different category.

But, that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwiseone View Post
    I am assuming the higher case numbers is because they are testing all the Long-Term Care facilities and Nursing homes in the state.

They have said they plan to do this but they have frankly said much that is misleading and / or untrue. Do we have confirmation that this is under way?

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Good context from good Twitter follow Scott Gottleib re: our R-naught and overall positivity rate. OK is actually looking pretty good on both measures:

https://twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/...65711012397057

Also, while three straight days of triple digit new cases might be alarming, our positivity rate was under 4%, which is overall a good trend
    It is kind of odd they only labeled less than half the states on the graph

I'm guessing they only labeled the states that are reopening in some form or fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    I'm guessing they only labeled the states that are reopening in some form or fashion?
    That is what I guessed, but they already have the coloring vs gray to identify who is opening vs who is not.
    So got a lot of unlabeled dots, with no ID or percentage to compare those holding off of reopening.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    They have said they plan to do this but they have frankly said much that is misleading and / or untrue. Do we have confirmation that this is under way?
    The news release from the 12th from Oklahoma County Health Department mentioned that the increase in positives is from Long-Term Care facilities, so I assumed it was also happening in the rest of the state.

https://www.occhd.org/application/fi...ss_Release.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by brian72 View Post
    Get out and start working and living again. This virus will never have a vaccine, and it’s not the plague.
    I bet that's easy to say from not knowing anyone who got sick from COVID-19 or died from it. But then if you hardly get ever get sick or can't remember the last time you had the flu, I can see not taking things any more seriously than a typical flu season.

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    One thing that's worth noting is that people's behavior has less to do with official policies than our discussions often suggest. People started staying home before shelter in place orders and have started going out more before orders are lifted in many states. There was a good NYT article that detailed this. People are generally acting as much based on their own beliefs than top-down orders.

Not much different from the other test results. There is probably a huge number of people not being tracked. Hopefully, we will get more consistent results once we get pass the increased testing phase and our testing every segment of the population in the same way.

10. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by brian72 View Post
    Get out and start working and living again. This virus will never have a vaccine, and it’s not the plague.
    How can I take you seriously if you didn't end your advice with "enough said"?

Not to steal Pete's thunder, but 110 new cases today. 2.3% increase. 6 deaths. https://coronavirus.health.ok.gov/

12. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

It can be found in the daily Executive Order report. New cases in long term care residents and staff.
    5-13, 68
    5-12, 23
    5-11, 19

If you take those out of the daily totals the last three days are:
    5-13, 52 instead of 120
    5-12, 96 instead of 119
    5-11, 5 instead of 24

13. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Here are updated graphs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	846561A2-6FEF-453B-9732-4F1768A38545.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	16060

Name:	37876117-CAF9-4A43-A07F-CF6FDDB3EC82.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	16061

Name:	20372CDF-42F1-4B0D-9768-5ED889C833B4.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	16062
    Note, on the daily new case graph I used the higher number that includes LTC facilities. It still is looking good.

Press release:

New proclamation to be issued in Oklahoma City’s COVID-19 response; addresses distancing, sanitizing requirements for new phase beginning May 15
    05/14/2020

Mayor David Holt will sign a new emergency proclamation for Oklahoma City’s COVID-19 response that includes required conditions on high-risk activities that are intended to limit the spread of the coronavirus.

This proclamation follows Mayor Holt’s announced intention to largely align this new phase of Oklahoma City’s COVID-19 response with the State of Oklahoma’s OURS Plan.

The proclamation takes effect May 15. Its provisions will be re-evaluated no later than May 29. White House and State of Oklahoma guidelines require this phase to last at least two weeks. Based on public health data, it could potentially enter another phase at the conclusion of that two-week period.

Visit covid19.okc.gov for the latest local COVID-19 news, guidance and City services updates.

General information
    Mayor Holt and public health officials encourage Oklahoma City residents and employers to follow best practices recommended by the Oklahoma City-County Health Department (OCCHD). The best practices include:
    • Continue practicing social distancing when possible, including staying 6 feet away from other people.
    • Wear a face mask in public. Click here for a guide on how to make a mask at home.
    • Limit group gatherings to a maximum of 50 people.
    • Workplaces should comply with all general and industry-specific distancing and hygiene guidelines.
    • Work remotely if possible.
    • Limit unnecessary travel.
    • Accommodate high-risk employees.
    • Minimize face-to-face contact.
    • Use flexible work hours or staggered shifts.

Find the guidelines at occhd.org/reopen. Industry-specific guidance is available.

Following U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements, employers in Oklahoma City should allow employees who choose to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) because of potential hazards on the job to do so, if it doesn’t interfere with essential job functions. Enforcement will be through mechanisms provided by OSHA.

Food service and similar
    Restaurants, bars, breweries, wineries, taverns, shopping mall food courts, food halls, cafeterias, night clubs, hookah bars, cigar bars, vaping lounges and any other food service establishments are required to maintain at least the following standards to limit the spread of the virus:
    • Employees’ temperatures should be checked each day either by the employee or their employer. Employees with a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher should not be at the facility.
    • Servers and staff interacting with customers must wear a face mask or covering, unless the staff member is behind a barrier such as Plexiglass.
    • Tables for seating must be at least 6 feet apart.
    • Menus must be single-use or capable of being sanitized with antimicrobial disinfectants after each use.
    • Condiment bottles must be sanitized after each table change, or served in a single-use packet, disposable container or washable dish.
    • Service at buffets and salad bars must be provided by an employee only.
    • Tables, chairs and objects needed to complete a purchase must be sanitized with antimicrobial disinfectants after each use.
    • Standing room-only patios are limited to 50% of total patio occupancy capacity.

Personal care services
    Hair and nail salons, barber shops, cosmetology facilities, esthetician facilities, laser hair removal facilities, spas, massage facilities, tattoo parlors and piercing facilities must follow U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) sanitizing protocols and comply with at least the following standards:
    • Employees’ temperatures should be checked each day either by the employee or their employer. Employees with a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher should not be at the facility.
    • Employees must use face masks or coverings.
    • Disposable face masks must be offered to all customers who don’t have their own mask.
    • All chairs and tools must be sanitized using antimicrobial disinfectants between customers.
    • While receiving services, customers must remain at least 6 feet apart.

Gyms and other athletic facilities
    The City’s Senior Health and Wellness Centers will remain closed until Gov. Kevin Stitt lifts the “Safer at Home” order for people age 65 and older and people with serious underlying medical conditions.

All athletic gyms, recreation centers, exercise facilities, indoor sports facilities, indoor climbing facilities, bowling alleys, skating rinks, trampoline parks, whitewater rafting facilities and similar facilities must maintain strict social distancing, CDC sanitizing protocols and maintain these standards:
    • Employees that have contact with the public must wear a face mask or covering, unless the staff member is behind a barrier such as Plexiglass.
    • Doorknobs, gates, counters and other high-touch surfaces should be regularly cleaned and sanitized with antimicrobial disinfectants.
    • Locker rooms and bathrooms, particularly high-touch surfaces, must be cleaned and sanitized regularly and have hand-washing supplies.
    • Hand-washing or hand sanitizing supplies must be available for employees and customers.
    • Rental and shared equipment must be cleaned and sanitized by the customer or an employee between each use using antimicrobial disinfectants.
    • All food service must comply with the food service requirements listed above.

Entertainment and places of worship
    Movie and live theaters, concert halls, bingo halls, sporting venues, amusement parks, places of worship, wedding venues, funeral homes (and graveside services), and other businesses where people gather for presentation or entertainment must maintain strict social distancing, CDC sanitizing protocols and comply with at least the following standards:
    • Employees’ temperatures should be checked each day either by the employee or their employer. Employees with a fever of 100.4 degrees or should not be at the facility.
    • Offer seating in a staggered manner with at least two seats between customer groups in the same row. Every other row must be closed. Movable seating must be spaced to accomplish the same spacing.
    • All food service must comply with the food service requirements listed above.

What’s next?
    White House and State of Oklahoma guidelines for this phase require it to last at least two weeks.

Mayor Holt intends to continue evaluating criteria defined by the White House as he gauges Oklahoma City’s readiness for a new phase, will continue to listen to local public health officials, and will stay in touch with the Gov. Stitt and state public health officials.

To see the State of Oklahoma’s plans for this new phase, known as the OURS Plan, visit okcommerce.gov/covid19.

https://www.okc.gov/Home/Components/News/News/3431/5296

New proclamation to be issued in Oklahoma City’s COVID-19 response; addresses distancing, sanitizing requirements for new phase beginning May 15

Post Date: 05/14/2020 2:15 PM

Mayor David Holt will sign a new emergency proclamation for Oklahoma City’s COVID-19 response that includes required conditions on high-risk activities that are intended to limit the spread of the coronavirus.

This proclamation follows Mayor Holt’s announced intention to largely align this new phase of Oklahoma City’s COVID-19 response with the State of Oklahoma’s OURS Plan.

The proclamation takes effect May 15. Its provisions will be re-evaluated no later than May 29. White House and State of Oklahoma guidelines require this phase to last at least two weeks. Based on public health data, it could potentially enter another phase at the conclusion of that two-week period.

Visit covid19.okc.gov for the latest local COVID-19 news, guidance and City services updates.

General information

Mayor Holt and public health officials encourage Oklahoma City residents and employers to follow best practices recommended by the Oklahoma City-County Health Department (OCCHD). The best practices include:

Continue practicing social distancing when possible, including staying 6 feet away from other people.
    Wear a face mask in public. Click here for a guide on how to make a mask at home.
    Limit group gatherings to a maximum of 50 people.
    Workplaces should comply with all general and industry-specific distancing and hygiene guidelines.
    Work remotely if possible.
    Limit unnecessary travel.
    Accommodate high-risk employees.
    Minimize face-to-face contact.
    Use flexible work hours or staggered shifts.
    I was fine with all of this until I saw that they recommend gatherings no larger than 50 people. That seems.... really high? And how does that make sense alongside the other recommendations to minimize face-to-face contact, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    https://www.okc.gov/Home/Components/News/News/3431/5296

I was fine with all of this until I saw that they recommend gatherings no larger than 50 people. That seems.... really high? And how does that make sense alongside the other recommendations to minimize face-to-face contact, etc?
    I don't think this is new.

And groups still have to stay at least 6 feet apart.

This is crazy why not open for those under 65?

The City’s Senior Health and Wellness Centers will remain closed until Gov. Kevin Stitt lifts the “Safer at Home” order for people age 65 and older and people with serious underlying medical conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I don't think this is new.

And groups still have to stay at least 6 feet apart.
    Last I checked from Holt's Phase I proclamation that gatherings exceeding 10 people were prohibited: https://www.okc.gov/Home/Components/News/News/3407/5296

Unless there was an interim update that I missed..

^

People have been gathering in numbers larger than 10 in restaurants and churches.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

People have been gathering in numbers larger than 10 in restaurants and churches.
    Aren't those specifically excluded? Or do you mean parties of larger than 10?

Nevermind. Just saw the new Stitt orders.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    This is crazy why not open for those under 65?

The City’s Senior Health and Wellness Centers will remain closed until Gov. Kevin Stitt lifts the “Safer at Home” order for people age 65 and older and people with serious underlying medical conditions
    Maybe they don't want lawsuits because they know it's still not safe to reopen. If you go to 10gym and get sick and die you can sue them (well your family can). If you get sick and die at the senior health and wellness center then you can sue the city. But at least they are being cautious on one small thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine View Post
    Maybe they don't want lawsuits because they know it's still not safe to reopen. If you go to 10gym and get sick and die you can sue them (well your family can). If you get sick and die at the senior health and wellness center then you can sue the city. But at least they are being cautious on one small thing.
    Has anyone ever sued because they think they caught flu at a business?

And it would be impossible to prove you caught something at a business. Threat of suing is just hyperbole.

24. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Has anyone ever sued because they think they caught flu at a business?

And it would be impossible to prove you caught something at a business. Threat of suing is just hyperbole.
    Exactly. That said, people are submitting workers comp claims saying they caught it on the job. The one's I've read have been denied. However, I can definitely see people suing regardless.

25. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Exactly. That said, people are submitting workers comp claims saying they caught it on the job. The one's I've read have been denied. However, I can definitely see people suing regardless.
    That’s an important point. The only real venue for most employees to move against an Oklahoma employer (with a COVID claim) is Workmen’s Comp. That’s not nearly as fun as a jury trial.

Thread Information