Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Downtown 26 Story Residential Tower + Hotel and Grocery Proposal Takes Step Forward

Default Re: Downtown 26 Story Residential Tower + Hotel and Grocery Proposal Takes Step Forwa

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Years ago I lived downtown in the area today called uptown a few blocks from Tulsa's previous downtown grocery store, the 11th and Denver Homeland. We called it, correctly so, Homelessland and tried to never shop in that very nasty store if we didn't have to. Homeland has a very negative reputation in Tulsa. Deservedly so and not just from the downtown location.

I get why Reasor's dropped out of this project, the Cherry St location is very nice and just a mile and half from downtown. They would have competed with themselves in a downtown location. Homeland would do well to choose a new brand.
    A rebrand isn't a terrible idea for them in general though I doubt anyone downtown will care or avoid it because any negative reputation here. There's nothing else outside of DGX down here and I'd venture to guess the majority of the downtown population wasn't here or were living somewhere other than downtown when that one was still open. I'd guess most of the population down here is between 18 and 35.

Default Re: Downtown 26 Story Residential Tower + Hotel and Grocery Proposal Takes Step Forwa

Latest rendering showing Oasis Fresh Market which has signed on as the grocery store operator. A 6 story Origin Hotel and a 13 story apartment tower are the other parts of the overall development.

Very Nice!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Latest rendering showing Oasis Fresh Market which has signed on as the grocery store operator. A 6 story Origin Hotel and a 13 story apartment tower are the other parts of the overall development.

Permits have been issued and the site is now cordoned off. Looks like this is starting construction finally.

Permits have been issued and the site is now cordoned off. Looks like this is starting construction finally.
    Hell yeah! I guess I need to walk over there. Haven't walked that way in a few weeks.

I drove by earlier and still saw cars in the lot. There might be some utility work starting but they haven’t officially started construction yet.

This is huge for us. Biggest Tulsa development project in awhile. Having a downtown grocery will be awesome, not to mention another big shot in the arm for residents and hotel guests that will boost business. Visually it will be very impactful as this was a huge glut of surface parking that will now be urban fabric.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shavethewhales View Post
    This is huge for us. Biggest Tulsa development project in awhile. Having a downtown grocery will be awesome, not to mention another big shot in the arm for residents and hotel guests that will boost business. Visually it will be very impactful as this was a huge glut of surface parking that will now be urban fabric.
    It's not the biggest project in awhile. It's about the same size as the Western Supply project that just started construction. It's not as big a project as Santa Fe Square down the street, that one is just taking years to complete, but finally is nearly done. It's also not nearly as much money as the OSU Medical Center expansion.

^I guess it's my opinion, but it feels like the biggest project in awhile based on it's impact to the surrounding area. Santa Fe is indeed larger, but since it has been done across so many years and in several parts it feels like it was actually several projects on the same block. I'm also still salty about how much it got value engineered down from the original proposals. Western Supply is an awesome and large project but it is serving a relative niche of workforce housing. Massively important, but I'm not sure how much transformation is going to take place in that area considering the jail and homeless services are grouped around there.

This project is going to change the calculations people make when they decide if they want to live downtown and add a ton of units at the same time. We'll boost demand for restaurants and amenities downtown a good amount, hopefully bringing in some fresh life to our night and entertainment scenes.

Also, FYI, we may have gotten ahead of ourselves. The lot is open again so they may have been doing a quick survey or something else earlier this week. They have indeed filed for permits however, and the city portal shows a review date later this month on a few items. If they get approval, I would think dirt could begin moving next month on utilities and setup items.

Quote Originally Posted by shavethewhales View Post
    ^I guess it's my opinion, but it feels like the biggest project in awhile based on it's impact to the surrounding area. Santa Fe is indeed larger, but since it has been done across so many years and in several parts it feels like it was actually several projects on the same block. I'm also still salty about how much it got value engineered down from the original proposals. Western Supply is an awesome and large project but it is serving a relative niche of workforce housing. Massively important, but I'm not sure how much transformation is going to take place in that area considering the jail and homeless services are grouped around there.

This project is going to change the calculations people make when they decide if they want to live downtown and add a ton of units at the same time. We'll boost demand for restaurants and amenities downtown a good amount, hopefully bringing in some fresh life to our night and entertainment scenes.

Also, FYI, we may have gotten ahead of ourselves. The lot is open again so they may have been doing a quick survey or something else earlier this week. They have indeed filed for permits however, and the city portal shows a review date later this month on a few items. If they get approval, I would think dirt could begin moving next month on utilities and setup items.
    Yeah I definitely agree. It feels like it's bigger than all of those because it bridges the gap between downtown and the blue dome and eliminates the massive parking crater/barrier between the two. Santa Fe Square is important but really is just more infill in the Blue Dome and Western Supply is more infill on the far north end of the Brady which is great but just not nearly as impactful.

Is there a good place to Sante Fe Square updates/images?

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Is there a good place to Sante Fe Square updates/images?
    This is fairly recent with the multifamily under construction next to the completed office tower/garage. The office tower is 100% leased/occupied. The Annex is one block west of Santa Fe Square

Unfortunately this project is now dead. Flaherty & Collins was not able to close on the property and the PAC Trust terminated their agreement

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/bu...home-top-story

Thread Information