Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bar Cicchetti

Deep Deuce Bar Cicchetti

Bar Cicchetti opens in Deep Deuce

The newest collaboration from Oklahoma native Jonathon Stranger and celebrity chef Fabio Viviani quietly opened on Saturday.

The two recently partnered on Osteria, a modern Italian concept in Nichols Hills Plaza which opened late last year.

Bar Cicchetti is a full-service restaurant featuring northern Mediterranean flavors through both small and large plates.

Located in the heart of the Deep Deuce district at 121 NE 2nd, the space in the Level apartment complex was formerly home to Urban Johnnies.

The chic two-level space was designed by architects AHMM and on game days, a huge 300-inch projection screen will be lowered to provide a unique sports bar atmosphere.

Cicchetti is Italian for small snacks or side dishes, and the menu reflects that with such small plate items as lamb meatballs with jalapeno mint chimichurri and crispy cauliflower with fried green onion and lemon aioli.

There is also a large selection of salads, sandwiches and entrees including slow-braised pork shank, saffron bouillabaisse and olive oil poached halibut nicoise.

Coffee, espresso and dessert as also offered.

On the drink menu are 10 local beers on tap with many others in the can. Cocktails include several libations of Italian influence and a large wine list is also available.

Hours are 11 AM to 11 PM Sunday through Thursday and Friday and Saturday from 11 AM to 12 PM. Dinner reservations are available through Open Table.

Default Re: Bar Cicchetti

Pete, you say that AHMM designed this? I know they designed the building originally but did they come back for the Cicchetti redesign?

I’m not sure what to think of this concept. I don’t think that menu will bring in the folks looking for a spot to watch a game. Hope I’m wrong cause that’s such a great spot.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    Pete, you say that AHMM designed this? I know they designed the building originally but did they come back for the Cicchetti redesign?
    They have a big OKC office now and did the interior design here.

5. Default Re: Bar Cicchetti

Yeah, I'm not sure about that menu, though it looks like they did a really great job with the space. Excited to check it out regardless.

I think the menu looks pretty good personally but I do agree that it doesn't exactly scream "pub food".

But they do have a burger and pizza and appetizers and local beers.

I like that they are being ambitious, especially since Urban Johnnies never was able to cut it there.

Was the menu pictured or is this elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Was the menu pictured or is this elsewhere.
    http://www.barcicchettiok.com/barcicchetti_food.pdf

I don't think a wooden bench around the edge is going to cut it for activating that patio. You need shade structure, an area for live music. Something to make it not feel like table and chairs between parking spots. The tables are even the ones left behind by UJ.

I agree with the concerns about the menu. I like the ambition, but I don't know how it will stick. Those are some pricey items for a place that has shared tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I don't think a wooden bench around the edge is going to cut it for activating that patio. You need shade structure, an area for live music. Something to make it not feel like table and chairs between parking spots. The tables are even the ones left behind by UJ.

I agree with the concerns about the menu. I like the ambition, but I don't know how it will stick. Those are some pricey items for a place that has shared tables.
    A shade structure will be built.

And there are only two communal tables out of many.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure about that menu, though it looks like they did a really great job with the space. Excited to check it out regardless.
    Just curious - what's your hesitation with the menu? Seems true to the concept with a variety of items. Not sure what the issue is?

I stopped by and loved the space. Was too full from tryign a new place for dinner. If I'm ever in deep deuce and in the mood tow atch sports it'll probably be there.

Reminder that they accept dinner reservations through Open Table.

I could see that menu drawing the fans who want something more than fried chicken wings and drunken idiots screaming Boomer at the screen. I hope it works out, as the concept seems somewhat unique.

I went last night before the Carrie Underwood concert. I love this place!. the interior is stunning and pictures just don't do it justice. the lighting especially created great mood. we sat upstairs and it was not busy at all but being just one week into opening that's understandable. I think it will be busy before long. I will post some food pics but the old fashioned ( which Im usually not a big fan) was great! also had the lamb meatballs, meat and cheese tray and Fried Burrata were delicious. we just did a few small plates and not a big meal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190925_173936.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	15617Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190925_174634.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	3.79 MB 
ID:	15618Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190925_175520.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	15619Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190925_175526.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	3.50 MB 
ID:	15620

Been twice. Fan.

Went by this past weekend.

Overall, we will be back. It was a little more expensive than we thought though.

The food was really good. We had the cauliflower appetizer with their homemade hot sauce. The cauliflower was good, but dang, the hot sauce was great. It was a little sweeter than expected, and not has hot, but it worked well. Actually had them bring out some more.

We shared an entree of the chicken vege sandwich and salad. Just a great execution putting the ingredients together. Everything seemed to work. It seems they are putting an emphasis on items made in-house (sauces, dressings, etc.).

Also had a cocktail that had a little bit of hot sauce in it. I was afraid it may be too sweet, but instead a hint of sour, I could drink 5 of them.

They mentioned they are trying to develop a brunch menu but that won't come along until they have their lunch/dinner service figured out. No sense in bombarding the kitchen with different items before they are swimming.

Went this week for small plates. The decor is fantastic, looks much better than Urban Johnnie's. Upstairs has a nice vibe, dark with indirect lighting. Most importantly, waiter said TVs behind bar can be changed to digital oil paintings and the large screen goes away behind curtain on Friday and Saturday nights. I had given up on finding places to dine without a TV. I hope this place stays around. I really can't get over how great the interior design work is.

^

The interior design was by AHMM architects of London which is one of the biggest and best firms in Europe but they set up an office here a few years ago.

One of the principals is from OKC originally and oversees most of the projects on routine trips back here. Their work is fantastic and they keep getting more and more. Has really helped to raise the bar in OKC.

So ironic. I told my spouse it had a London-y feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Went this week for small plates. The decor is fantastic, looks much better than Urban Johnnie's. Upstairs has a nice vibe, dark with indirect lighting. Most importantly, waiter said TVs behind bar can be changed to digital oil paintings and the large screen goes away behind curtain on Friday and Saturday nights. I had given up on finding places to dine without a TV. I hope this place stays around. I really can't get over how great the interior design work is.
    Thanks for the info about the TVs, though I wonder if the TVs will be on if there's a Fri or Sat night game? We might have to try them at a non-game time (going to be a weird phone call - "Hi, are your TVs on with a game? Yes? OK, thanks, we're not coming, when is the next time you'll have them turned off?").

Have now been twice, specifically to watch football games. Food was great, and during Saturday games, they have a happy hour menu, and everything was EXCELLENT! When upstairs, the view for the big screen is somewhat obstructed by the hanging lights, but nothing that was a detriment to me watching the game.

We stopped in last night for drinks after dinner and the place was dead. It was about 9 PM on a Friday night and there was three tables with patrons eating and two tables upstairs enjoying spirits. First of all, I just gotta say I fell in love with the looks of the place. The decor is very lively, modern, clean, and just really handsome. The service was really really good -- everyone we encountered was very cool and totally with it. There was some music going in the background and they were showing an ESPN 20 for 20 on the big screen when we got there. Upon request they switched it to the Mavs/Lakers game. Oddly they were out of stock of the first three beers my friend wanted to order. I had a couple drinks from the bar that were pretty outstanding. Nonetheless with the dead vibe ringing loudly, we left upon the conclusion of the game and we were the only folks left and this may have been around 10 or so. We were shocked that it was so dead. I just kept thinking that this place would be crawling with people if it were in Dallas or NYC. Is it just deep deuce or something? I mean, it was incredibly dead. That being said, I am going to go back to try the food as menu reads heavenly and the food looks really really good.

Thread Information