Widgets Magazine

Thread: Liberty

Bricktown3 Liberty

New bar & grill will open tomorrow (Thursday) in the old Knuck's space on the canal.

Default Re: Liberty

The loaded tots seem kind of racist TBH

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    They will have a safe space in the corner for those offended

You are right thought that it could be seen as stereotyping based on our city's demographics.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    I do not see it. Do you talk about the south side one or in general ?
    Nothing wrong have a Southside items related to a Mexican influence. Inner southside OKC has a strong mexican american infleunce and it is not a shame to say so.

I am more surprised by the presence of an Hipster list on the beer menu.

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    I am more surprised by the presence of an Hipster list on the beer menu.
    haha... glad i'm not the only one who found this very interesting.. but hey... if it makes it easier for the customer... then i guess it works

7. Default Re: Liberty

I'm more appalled by all the typos on the menu.... Was someone paid to do this?

Ive never checked the prices at a grocer or liquor store but any reason why a coors original would cost $2 and coors light is $4?

I suppose none of it matters because this looks like a place you couldn't pay me to go to. But, yes typos galore and it does drive me crazy. But, the most glaring thing to me is WTF kind of hipster drinks rolling rock?!?!

Gotta give it to Roger. His ability to throw some neon signs, a few big TVs and a basic bartop into random commercial locations is top shelf. This is literally just Pink Parrot, but on the canal and without a rooftop. It will probably turn profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    They will have a safe space in the corner for those offended

You are right thought that it could be seen as stereotyping based on our city's demographics.
    Maybe instead of a safe space they will just build a wall down the middle of the restaurant. On one side you can order the southsider tots, the other side you can order the northsider tots.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Gotta give it to Roger. His ability to throw some neon signs, a few big TVs and a basic bartop into random commercial locations is top shelf. This is literally just Pink Parrot, but on the canal and without a rooftop. It will probably turn profits.
    It kinda reminds me of something John taffert would do on a bar Rescue. Obviously hard to tell from photos, but it gives me the vibe of a place with “fake authenticity”.

Glad to see the space not be unused though and I hope they are successful.

I'm just amazed they're actually going to offer a Chicago Handshake. I don't know of any other bar in OKC that serves Malort. I guess I'll have to show up every so often for one!

Thread Information