Widgets Magazine

Thread: Lago Buffet

1. Far North Lago Buffet

Has anyone tried the new Lago International Buffet & Bar? It opened up yesterday at 2001 NW 142nd St. They had a half price day yesterday. I think it's in the same building the Fuse was.

Default Re: Lago Buffet

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    Has anyone tried the new Lago International Buffet & Bar? It opened up yesterday at 2001 NW 142nd St. They had a half price day yesterday. I think it's in the same building the Fuse was.
    Yeah, pretty much the Fuse reborn. Quality was better though. Don't know anything about the owners, I think it was a Vegas buffet operation originally.

Although there is quite of bit of Asian food which is similar to Fuze which proceeded it, Lago is under completely new ownership and management -- a group out of Texas.

Besides sushi and lots of Chinese dishes, they also have a Mongolian grill.

There’s work going on here and also across the street in the old Yogurtland spot next to Chipotle. Any idea what’s going on in both spot?

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    There’s work going on here and also across the street in the old Yogurtland spot next to Chipotle. Any idea what’s going on in both spot?
    The old Yogurtland will be a barbershop.

Isn't Lago still open and operating?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The old Yogurtland will be a barbershop.

Isn't Lago still open and operating?
    I'm pretty sure Lago has been closed for several years. They only lasted a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Lago has been closed for several years. They only lasted a few months.
    Shows you how much I go to buffets.

The building owner has not changed and there have been no permits filed.

That's a newish, multi-million dollar facility sitting empty, so I'm sure something will eventually go in.

Supercuts?

Shows you how much I go to buffets.

The building owner has not changed and there have been no permits filed.

That's a newish, multi-million dollar facility sitting empty, so I'm sure something will eventually go in.
    I think the original restaurant in that location was owned by the guy who owns/owned Taste of China and I remember some legal or financial scandals led to closing the Quail Springs location. I think the same guy is responsible for the two Mei Shi restaurants on or near North Penn. The one South of Memorial was open quite some time ago, but don't know if it is still operating. The one at NW 178th & Penn STILL hasn't opened, and Leonardos has said they are moving to a larger location, so I wonder if Mei Shi is history and Leonardos will move into those two units.

^

Bing Lu is the guy you are talking about.

When Lago first closed just before covid, there was a sign on the door saying the owners decided to turn it into a Japanese Steak house. Not sure if that's still happening or not. Obviously Covid delayed things though.....

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    When Lago first closed just before covid, there was a sign on the door saying the owners decided to turn it into a Japanese Steak house. Not sure if that's still happening or not. Obviously Covid delayed things though.....
    And that's what Lago posted on their Facebook page when they closed, way back on August 18, 2019.

And that's what Lago posted on their Facebook page when they closed, way back on August 18, 2019.
    Hmm, yeah that doesn't sound like the delay had anything to do with covid. They should have been deep into renovations before covid hit based on that date.

Thread Information