Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Wild Wings

Default Re: Buffalo Wild Wings on Danforth & Santa Fe has closed.

Top comment on the Facebook page post

“Yep. My hubby and I were regulars there. A few of the bartenders that have been there for a long time, one for over 10 years, had no notice. They worked last night, and got a call this morning that the store had closed, with no other warning. It is really crappy how they did the employees, they can't even transfer to another location, they have to apply. One girl had to drop all her classes for the semester at UCO, since she doesn't know how and for sure if she can pay for it now(she had worked there 4 years). It is really sad that they didn't care about the employees at all. The new one is currently under construction in Chisolm Creek near Cabela's.”

1. It is always unfortunate that employees have to go through that from time to time at restaurants or stores. 2. Chisholm Creek? Haven’t seen Pete mention that, but if they are, going to be a head to head competition with The Chalk!

Yea, Chisholm Creek is very, very surprising. Those BBW bois better come correct, or they'll be closing that location too.

No, they are not going to Chisholm Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Knew you would know and it just wouldn’t make sense. The Chalk is going to be AWESOME!

And yes, the I-35 BWW is great! Went back to the Danforth store back in November for the first time since I-35 opened, looked around at how outdated it was and thought “Yep, this won’t be around much longer” and sure enough, it wasn’t.

That's what I figured. I could see them going to a location like May and 164th even with the wetlands issues. That tract is just begging for a new power center.

Any word on what would be replacing Buffalo Wild Wings?

Given the surrounding income demographics, another restaurant or retail should be "begging" to be at this location.

http://www.priceedwards.com/sites/de...20CENTER_6.pdf

Default Re: Buffalo Wild Wings

A new Buffalo Wild Wings is going in near the Hobby Lobby campus.

Will be on Council right behind Sonic near 36th.

Weird spot, there's not much out there

10. Default Re: Buffalo Wild Wings

Crap! I'm trying to not go out for lunch and that's so convenient! Will power, will power, will power.

So they close the one in Edmond (right by my house) and never replace the location only to build a new one next to Hobby Lobby who probably won’t allow their employees to eat there?!?! Hmmm.

That location will be within a mile if not closer to the local franchise owner's offices and with all the large business there it should do well.

Quote Originally Posted by tsou89 View Post
    So they close the one in Edmond (right by my house) and never replace the location only to build a new one next to Hobby Lobby who probably won’t allow their employees to eat there?!?! Hmmm.
    I still don't get this. I think I read here that the plan was to open a new location in or near Chisholm Creek, which is a huge negative for us, but I haven't seen or heard anything else about this.

Buffalo Wild Wings was notorious for bad service but their food was consistently good, and we miss having them as a nearby option.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I still don't get this. I think I read here that the plan was to open a new location in or near Chisholm Creek, which is a huge negative for us, but I haven't seen or heard anything else about this.

Buffalo Wild Wings was notorious for bad service but their food was consistently good, and we miss having them as a nearby option.
    As far as I know, there is no plan for a BWW near Chisholm Creek.

You may be confusing this with the Outback that closed in Edmond with a new one opening on Memorial between Penn and May.

I also recall mention of a Buffalo Wild Wings going near Western and Danforth area west of the one that closed on Santa Fe?

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Weird spot, there's not much out there
    That area is a major commuting corridor. Between Hobby Lobby, the FAA, and the general commercial area, that location is gonna kill it for lunch and takeout. Like others have said, it's not a great dining experience, but hits the spot for a quick dinner and to catch a game.

Hopefully they redesign the entire lot. Sonic and Subway are already a pain to access. Can't imagine how bad it'll be with higher traffic.

There are very few places in that area where people can go have a beer/drink or just a sit-down meal with table service.

Considering the huge number of workers in the immediate vicinity, this seems like a big unmet need.

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    I also recall mention of a Buffalo Wild Wings going near Western and Danforth area west of the one that closed on Santa Fe?
    My memory was Western and Memorial, but it's been a year or two, at least, and I may be remembering wrong.

19. Default Re: Buffalo Wild Wings

There are very few places in that area where people can go have a beer/drink or just a sit-down meal with table service.

Considering the huge number of workers in the immediate vicinity, this seems like a big unmet need.
    Could not agree more. I think it will do great. Maybe such that other chains take notice of the area.

I'm convinced that you could put a BWW on the dark side of the moon and it would be packed everyday. I've never seen one that isn't always packed.

BWW is one of those places that I only crave when I’m already drunk. I guess that can hand in hand there but I’d never think about ordering from there if haven’t had anything less than a six pack.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    My memory was Western and Memorial, but it's been a year or two, at least, and I may be remembering wrong.
    I think after the BWW closed at Santa Fe & Danforth there was discussion of one moving closer to QSM but that never happened.

Default Earth moving next to Buffalo Wild Wings on I-44 Service Road

They're earth moving next to the Buffalo Wild Wings on the I-44 Service road just south of 89th Street. Anyone know what they're getting ready to build?

Default Re: Earth moving next to Buffalo Wild Wings on I-44 Service Road

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    They're earth moving next to the Buffalo Wild Wings on the I-44 Service road just south of 89th Street. Anyone know what they're getting ready to build?
    Cajun Corner:

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...11#post1167511

Default Re: Earth moving next to Buffalo Wild Wings on I-44 Service Road

great to hear... i drive past this almost every weekday and hadn't noticed that they broke ground.

Thread Information